gistofeverything

ANSWERED:Trophy (Really, Badge) Case

Different ways to change the trophy line aside, what should the Trophies page look like?

I imagine it how the Trick-or-Treat and Festival of Eggs pages are set up, just a bunch of sprites in a grid. But I'd love to hear what others think.

Will you feel that way when you get into your second line of badges though ? as I shall very shortly.

To be honest with you I could have 20 lines of badges and still prefer to have all of them displayed in lines in my scroll like it is now. Multiple lines doesn't bother me.

Edited by danicast

To be honest with you I could have 20 lines of badges and still prefer to have all of them displayed in lines in my scroll like it is now. Multiple lines doesn't bother me.

That's why it's a great idea to have multiple options. They're for people like you who prefer all of their trophies to be visible. And they're also there for people like Cinnamin Draconna who want as few trophies on their scroll at possible.

That's why it's a great idea to have multiple options. They're for people like you who prefer all of their trophies to be visible. And they're also there for people like Cinnamin Draconna who want as few trophies on their scroll at possible.

That's why my first statement was to support Fionna's suggestion.

Different ways to change the trophy line aside, what should the Trophies page look like?

I imagine it how the Trick-or-Treat and Festival of Eggs pages are set up, just a bunch of sprites in a grid. But I'd love to hear what others think.

I'm not sure it should be TOO like the trick or treat page, as no-one would then realise the clickable ones WERE clickable. MAYBE IN a grid would make the difference ? It would be a LOT of coding to have them show what they are - as in text below:

user posted image

Magikarp

user posted image

Trick or Treat

OR, better

user posted image

View my treats

@ danicast I think more than one line WOULD be too cluttered. But I entirely agree that those who want them should get them xd.png

I'm not a programmer nor do I understand coding at all so please enlighten me..

How much more coding would it have to take to show the difference between a clickable badge vs one that isn't?

The way we have things right now, the only way I can tell if they are is by running my mouse over them.

Also, most people would know which ones are clickable based off of their own scrolls. The only one that I can't click on another person's page that I can on mine is my gold trophy.

I would be perfectly happy with just the scroll level trophy and the trophy case on the scroll. I never really click on the clickable ones anyway. And if I do want to I can go to the case.

Bumping - we NEED this - those of us with everything just hit a second row...

Yes, we did. It just doesn't look nice IMHO.

I think a simple checklist in account settings where you could "uncheck" a trophy and it wouldn't display on your scroll would be the easiest/quickest option.

Something should be done eventually though, imo, that allows the user to have some control over how their trophies are displayed. Regardless of what it is.

I think a simple checklist in account settings where you could "uncheck" a trophy and it wouldn't display on your scroll would be the easiest/quickest option.

Something should be done eventually though, imo, that allows the user to have some control over how their trophies are displayed. Regardless of what it is.

I want them all visible somewhere though. Just not at the top of my scroll.

Bumping - we NEED this - those of us with everything just hit a second row...

Now I'm glad I'm missing a trophy! It doesn't look as bad as I thought, but it just takes up too much space. It seems like this would be an easy thing to do; I hope we get it soon.

Well I'm NOT missing one and I'm constanly seaching for teh clickable treat/easter egg, because those have been the only two cases when there's been a second line before. It throws me offf so much xd.png (I'll prolly get used to it over time but still.)

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the wrap-around.

I'd be for either a trophy case that you can hide some/all badges in, or maybe putting 'em in a side-scrollable container?

Edited by Stromboli

At this point, I am on my knees begging for this or something like this. Please, please, please, please, please give us a trophy case. Save my scroll space so I can see what really matters more easily: my eggs.

At this point, I am on my knees begging for this or something like this. Please, please, please, please, please give us a trophy case. Save my scroll space so I can see what really matters more easily: my eggs.

Kneels next to Sock. PLEASE, TJ. I have cookies....

Kneels next to Sock. PLEASE, TJ. I have cookies....

Joining the kneeling crowd. Pretty please?

Yes, please! My trophies have now gone to a second line and make it harder to see my eggs.

I'm definitely not digging the look of the two lines so I hope we get some kind of solution soon. I like the idea of a trophy cabinet. smile.gif

Even though I like the look of the two lines myself (I don't have nearly enough badges on my own scroll yet sad.gif ), I'm still going to offer my support and cookies on this. *kneels with everyone else* *offers lifetime supply of cookies*

I'm posting, not just as another bump to TJ to add this as an option, but also to show off the changes to the sprites that I made.

user posted image / user posted image

It may not look like anything changed. But in fact, I added a very subtle textured background. I felt like it looked too plain with a solid background but who knows if it really makes any difference.

I also made some tiny changes to the shading of some of the trophies that aren't really noticeable.

Edited by Vrack

Bumping because I still want this. I'm not sure if I said it before, but I do want this.

I'm posting, not just as another bump to TJ to add this as an option, but also to show off the changes to the sprites that I made.

user posted image / user posted image

It may not look like anything changed. But in fact, I added a very subtle textured background. I felt like it looked too plain with a solid background but who knows if it really makes any difference.

I also made some tiny changes to the shading of some of the trophies that aren't really noticeable.

This is utterly amazing and I really really want this to be a thing. Just... LOVE. <3

I love seeing the trophies in the case there somehow. biggrin.gif It's so amazing! <3 So clear and detailed and professional! <3