Switch

Super Smash Bros: 3DS/WiiU

if bayonetta got so op she was banned from tournaments they'd probably nerf her. i kinda doubt another brawl meta knight situation will happen since they do balance patches all the time.

Edited by Switch

This picture is relevant to the salty. (I like them all btw)

user posted image

This is the best. I am taking it forever.

The thing with Bayonetta is we don't know exactly how witch time will work in game. They only showed us low percent and high percent damage but nothing inbetween. We know that it looses it's affect when you spam it and that it doesn't work as well/long on low damage. And, what they showed us is still technically in development. They might still tweak the technical aspects before release so that she isn't too OP.

Have any of you played as Cloud yet? I've only been playing against CPU but man if you can land that down-b with limit break activated, that launch power is crazy.

also its hard to judge a character when theyre not even out. people thought palutena would be OP when she was first announced. i wouldnt worry about it either way, we got them balance patches.

tbh I couldn't care less what tier Bayonetta ends up being. Both of my mains are mid tiers or thereabouts. I play for fun, not to win! Her ending up high/top tier would just be a nice bonus to me (and an excuse to finally tackle a tourney!).

Yeah. I know that it's too soon to really judge how Bayonetta will play out. I'm just speaking from what I've seen so far in that video.

I've played Cloud and oh man I love that down special! It's hard to get it right though since the full charge is used with all specials and I have a habit of accidentally using it with the side special (not bad, but not a full use of it's potential except when dealing damage.) Of course, I've only played him against CPUs as well.

I only play for fun too, though, I don't get to play with friends nearly as often as I used to. Honestly, I've been busy training through fighting against increasingly stronger CPU AI's. That being said, I'm only at AI level 7, though I think I might be ready to go up to 8.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

Those trailers always make a character look broken. I still remember the Shulk and Palutena fiasco!

I occasionally, rarely fight CPUs to help learn matchups. Other than that it's versus my sister. Level 8 CPUs are what I use, as I find level 9s cheat. Frame-perfect everythings and input reading, come on! Sometimes I really wish my internet wasn't so damn slow, then maybe I could turn to online for some practise ;; My for glory matches tend to have a good second of input lag which kills my playstyle or framerate drops to single digits - goodbye reactions - and most of the opponents there are just...

/remembers flare blitzing a shadow ball spammer mewtwo who'd roll from one side of the stage to the other, and an incredibly dull match involving walling a grab-happy mario out with flamethrower spam

Have any of you played as Cloud yet? I've only been playing against CPU but man if you can land that down-b with limit break activated, that launch power is crazy.

Yes. I got him yesterday when I picked up my copy of Smash at my local Gamestop.

I managed to pull off that move and it KO'd Mario. I've tried out some of the others on random, but so far Cloud's the best. At least, I can almost always seem to pull off his Omnislash, but its harder with the others.

Plus I love the pokemon that I've gotten with the poke balls. So much fun. happy.gif

Edited by Syiren

I play for fun too, I get too frustrated to play competitively (also I'm not amazing against other people)

I've got some friends who want to play online against me but my wi-fi has been terrible lately (think the router is going out). Trying to play online matches on splatoon is a nightmare so I'm not even bothering with smash.

Yah I think the down-special being hard to pull off is the only thing keeping him from being too OP. Because I tend to do the side special when I'm trying to do down/avoid people coming at me.

Oh, and I'm so super psyched about GENO! Even though it's only a costume, having square enix give nintendo the blessing to use Geno was glorious. Poor puppet has only had one cameo in a game since Super Mario RPG (Which came out almost 20 years ago....oh gosh now I'm feeling old...)

Yeah, his finishing touch is tricky. But I love the range of his Blade Beam. I just wish I could figure out how to get him to use that one move to save him from falling off the ledge. Or for any of the characters for that matter.

Also, I couldn't beat Dog hunter to save my life with Cloud. So I went with Fox and managed to beat him. Fox is quickly becoming my second favorite character in smash after Cloud.

Edited by Syiren

Yeah, his finishing touch is tricky. But I love the range of his Blade Beam. I just wish I could figure out how to get him to use that one move to save him from falling off the ledge. Or for any of the characters for that matter.

Also, I couldn't beat Dog hunter to save my life with Cloud. So I went with Fox and managed to beat him. Fox is quickly becoming my second favorite character in smash after Cloud.

When using Climhazzard, (his Up-Special), only press the B-Button once. Pressing Up, and then B, B, leads him to do the downward slash.

Finishing Touch is ridiculously OP. I took him to my weekly tourney, and I chewed just about everyone up with Cloud. Finishing Touch kills most characters at around 50-60%, with the heavier characters at around 70-80%. Plus the windbox on it is so much fun.

The dude has more spikes in his moveset then in his hair. His F-Air has one, his D-Air has one, Up-Special has one. Jeez Sakurai.

And I'm also plenty hyped for Bayonetta and Corrin. Corrin looks great, and I'm definitely pocketing Roy for Bayonetta.

user posted image

Oh my, this is hilarious! Poor Pikachu. Not sure if that counts as SD or kill.

Edited by JolteonTails

user posted image

Oh my, this is hilarious! Poor Pikachu. Not sure if that counts as SD or kill.

It's a kill, because he was put into the stasis by Bayonetta's witch time, as well as her using an item on her.

Witch time seems like a fun move - what if you witch time a projectile? Will the enemy still be slowed? Or will it proc Bat Within? Can't wait for her release in February.

allllllll my brother does is play smash on my WiiU dry.gif

My niece is playing mine a lot as well. She's really good at it and she's never played it before this week. I'm impressed.

After getting more used to the game myself I've found that I'm good with several characters that surprised me.

Good with:

Cloud - of course

The Villager

Bowser Jr.

Diddy Kong

Fox

Link

Mr. Watch & ...something ^^;

Lucario

Zelda

Mii fighter

Falco

Another balance patch??

Dammit I forgot to upload some really good replays.

Fingers crossed Metaknight really did have some nerf to that awful stairway to heaven, apparently Sheik has a much smaller 50/50 kill confirm now?? I'm keeping up to date on all this, I hope my chars get a buff or two =p

Edit: Zard appears to have got damage buffs on a few moves and reduced landing laaaag~

Edited by rampaging wyvern

sheik got nerfed my dudes!! lets celebrate!!! 💃

dedede got nerfed too tho poor guy what did he do to deserve it.. sakurai giveth and sakurai taketh away

Edited by Switch

dedede got nerfed too tho poor guy what did he do to deserve it..

Dedede was just that little bit too perfect.

Looks like Cloud got nerfed pretty bad. He had it coming but I'm still upset ;___;

New internet. For Glory is actually playable now. Averages out at a half second of lag which means less intricate gameplay and more hard reads, so naturally as per usual I rock my Zard Boris unless one of the exceptionally rare but still existing actually lagless opponents shows up.

First Link I ran into spammed everything. My sis and I dub that playstyle 'going For Glory on you'.

Looks like Cloud got nerfed pretty bad. He had it coming but I'm still upset ;___;

What do you mean?

Last I heard the nerfs pretty much amounted to Limit taking longer to charge and FT not killing quite so early. I need to double-check patch notes more instead of going by memory.

Speaking of Nerfs, new balance patch confirmed for this month. Can something be done about Bayonetta? Pls? It's no fun entering a match and getting JV3'd twice over b/c Zard and lag eating SDI inputs like nobody's business.

Heck, Bayo's so not fun to fight against I quickly dropped her as a secondary/co-main. Dealing with her is exhausting. I prefer to give my opponent a fun fight, not 0-death them with Bayo's kill confirm on the CSS.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

im gonna poke this thread

I've managed to mod my game! 60+ tracks added, I've only done music files so far and added all the tracks I wished were in the game from the get go and then some. Gone from things like adding the absolutely necessary tracks from Monster Hunter, to ones to up series rep (Metroid Prime, Pokemon games aplenty), one-offs from overlooked games like Nier, to Mumbo's Mountain from Banjo Kazooie on a DK stage.

Victory themes are the funniest to play around with. I gave my Zard one from Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for epic factor, and then replaced my friends' mains' themes to Sonic Unleased E-Rank music for Corrin and very soon, Yoshi's Island N64 for Cloud.

I'd like to work on texture mods at some point.