Switch

Super Smash Bros: 3DS/WiiU

I searched and there was only a topic for Brawl, and since the new version was announced I thought a new topic was appropriate?

Yep, Super Smash Bros. was announced on the Nintendo direct at E3, for WiiU and 3DS.

So far it's the usual lineup, with the addition of long-awaited Megaman and the Villager from animal crossing!

The official website is also up for it: http://www.smashbros.com/us/

EDIT: The wii fit trainer has been added too! link

Thoughts? I'm personally excited for the Villager. :3

Edited by Switch

My sister and I were watching the lag-heavy Nintendo Direct stream, and we just about flew through the wall behind us when the new characters showed up! I don't play Animal Crossing, but I'm intrigued to see what they're capable of in battle! And Megaman, DUDE we've been waiting FOREVER!! We were shouting and cheering the whole time - crimeny does that little guy have an arsenal!!

And if this is just the first reveal of new characters, I can't imagine who's gonna show up next! 8D

I'm excited about Megaman being in the game, too. I can't wait to play as him.

I also hope they also put Ike, Lucina, and/or Chrom, the guys from Fire Emblem, in the game. I'm a Fire Emblem fan and I love this series.

Ohhh, nice! laugh.gif I love that little gleam in his eye!

Well, as long as Pikachu is in, then Nintendo can add whoever they like!

HAHAHAHA!! My sister just showed me the Wii Fit Trainer and I bust a gut laughing! Of all characters! xd.png

Ahhhh, I'm cool with it! A little fun never hurt anyone, right? They've already shown off a good bit, and there's still more to come.

I'm sorry, the image of Mario, Link and Kirby all teetering in yoga poses is an image I'll treasure forever! XDDDD

I'm actually starting to warm up to the wii fit trainer. XD It's certainly not a character I expected, but I think I like her! I love the video, too.

Oh, yeah, she's awesome! laugh.gif This picture of her is really pretty too! I'm loving that moon in the background.

user posted image

I LOVE the Wii Fit Trainer. OMG.

user posted image

I hope they add Lucina in too. I love Lucina.

AND SSB FOR THE 3DS?!?! Are you kidding me?!?! This is amazing! This is the first i've heard of this!

Nice to see that Megaman is a character in SSB biggrin.gif. Definitely liking the fact that it is on the 3DS and WiiU, I could bring it anywhere.

Wii Fit Trainer looks awesome laugh.gif.

I lol'd hard at the Wii Fit trainer when I saw that this morning. I'm definitely giving it a try. Villager looks fun, too. Can't wait for this to come out. But....I need a Wii U first. :c

*is definitely getting it for both Wii U and 3DS*

I personally am a bit disappointed knowing that the 3DS version will have cel-shaded graphics as opposed to the Wii U's having photorealistic graphics like in Brawl. I personally don't care much for 'cartoony' visuals in a more 'realistic' game, buuut hopefully it'll grow on me. I did only catch a two-second glimpse of it after all :F

Edit: Finally found a more in depth video and the visuals are far better than I previously thought. Thank goodness for that xd.png

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Have you guys seen

?

The Villager looks pretty awesome. X3

Also the Wii Fit trainer giving health tips during fights. She's lulzy, but awesome at the same time. I was not expecting that as a SSB character.

I wanna see more characters. *whimper*

I literally screamed when I saw the trailer, heh biggrin.gif

But the thing is, I don't have a Wii U yet and I probably won't have one until I raise some more money. I'll probably have one next year. On the bright side, I do have a 3DS and really cannot wait for that version to arrive. I hope they gave Pit his Uprising weapons and I also hope they added either Chrom or Lucina.

I fangirled all over the place when the Megaman trailer for Smash Bros was shown. He's like, 8-bit beauty in 3D. I'm so happy to see him! Yeah sure, this is just Capcom being lazy, trying to "buy back" Megaman fans and not doing that themselves but hey, props to them for allowing him to be in it.

I can't help but think they shot themselves in the foot though, after Capcom went on about how they can't put Megaman in a fighting game cause they'd have to drastically change him for it and yet here he is, a wonderfully represented version of his NES 8-bit self, working just fine in a fighting game.

That nail in the coffee, me thinks.

The Wii Fit trainer? I never would've guessed.....

Megaman! What took so long?! I've been waiting for this!

So apparently the Wii Fit Trainer of all people was added.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/wii_fit_trainer.html

I don't know how to feel about this? It seems really strangggeee. o_o

xd.pngxd.pngxd.png

They should've put Lucario in there to show up Link, Mario and Kirby. That would've been funny.

Eh, it would have probably been a Zoroark instead of a Lucario, but I bet people would've been flipping pancakes if good 'ol Mewtwo made an appearance.

Here's a vid from the ground floor of E3 of her "arrival".

At first I was really disappointed because this game didn't look as 'serious' as brawl, but I've let that go. This game looks awesome xd.png Nintendo does a great job at making good fun of their characters. If I had the WiiU, I'd buy this. But sadly, I won't. Ill just enjoy this game in the distance :'D

Wii Fit trainer. Out of all possibilities. And people complain over character choice in Playstation All Stars. xd.png

It'd be really cool, if they did a crossover with it and X and Y. As in, you can have your trainer as a character, and three of your Pokemon, by sending it over from your X and Y game, and that would be a playable smash brothers char. Any questions?

That would be neat but I doubt they would/could do that. :c

I'm glad Olimar's back. <3

Also that picture of the villager riding the gyroid has made me decide that he's going to be my second main.

That would require them to either code in every Pokémon as more than an assist (Impractical, as that would take up too much data), or place a limit on which Pokémon can be used (would be seen as unfair by people who don't know anything about data restrictions).