RyukoDragon

Fox Tale

Hello everyone!

I used to be an active user... a loooooong time ago xd.png; I recently got back into the swing of things, now that I'm finished with animation school. And I would love to share my films with as many people as possible!

Fox Tale is the result of five months of animation training and five months of worktime dedicated to production, from storyboarding to final cut. It's the sort of story I've wanted to tell for years. If you ever think that you've hit a horrible chapter in your life story, take heart - you may find the beginning of a new chapter just around the corner. smile.gif

Watch Fox Tale here!

You can also check out my short Flash film Howie if you like!

Thank you very much for watching, and I hope you enjoy! smile.gif

That fox tale video was cute at the end, I was sad at the beginning (darn bullies ;-; ) but the end was awww worthy basically ^^

Edited by steph1331

Thank you steph! I'm really glad that you enjoyed it! biggrin.gif

Bullies are a constant problem, no matter what counter-measures show up. Sometimes you can't escape them, and they'll make you feel like garbage. But that doesn't mean you ARE garbage. You have potential, worth, a life, a story, a future, you have everything you need to be a wonderful person! Knowing that, it won't matter what anyone says or does to you. Everything that grows from that point forward will be even better than anything before. smile.gif

Thank you very kindly, tyto! biggrin.gif I would like to branch my style out a bit more, but cute is just way too fun LOL!

Awww That was adorable and wonderfully animated! It warms the heart. ♥

Just watched the first one...And d'aawww, that was really cute!

Thank you so much MysticTiger and xxBurningxx! It really does make me happy, knowing something of mine gave you warm fuzzies! I'd like to work on more in the future, including a continuation of Fox Tale, life and time allowing! smile.gif

That was so adorable, as well as important. I would like to show it to someone else I know, but who is not on the forum. Would you mind if I posted it to facebook? (I like to ask the creators when I can.)

Thank you Alayajoy! I would be honored if you shared this film with others! I appreciate you asking first! Truth be told, I don't mind if anyone shares Fox Tale around, just as long as they don't try to take credit for something they didn't do. smile.gif

I hope the one you know enjoys Fox Tale as well! happy.gif

Watched both...very well done! I loved them - and the fox is my favorite animal, so the Fox Tail animation had me grinning at the end. smile.gif

Thank you dark kitsune! And I'm sorry for the late reply, I was offline for a few days. X3 I love foxes too! Animating that tail was tricky, for sure, but I hope the effort paid off!

Wow, your Fox Tale movie is so cute! smile.gif Even though it's so short, I still got a little emotinal at the end :$ The story you tell is lovely! Keep up the good work! wink.gif

Thank you Elbereth! biggrin.gif Ah, I had SO many ideyas for this film and had to cut a few things so that I could finish on time. I'm pleased to hear that the story is good! smile.gif

Ah, I have to give extra credit to Andrew Morris, who wrote and performed the music track, along with David Meegan, the producer! When I found this song on 5Alarm (VFS has an agreement with them for using tracks in student films), THAT was the emotional trigger for me. Our sound editor Matt did a fantastic job putting the track to the film! The whole time I was working on this, I was excited to get it done, but it wasn't until I saw Fox Tale paired with the music that I got teary eyed! So yes, BIG kudos to Andrew and his awesome music! Look him up! biggrin.gif

it's very cute!!

i loved this short movie you did ^w^

may i ask wich program/s did you use to do it? ^^ <3

This is very, very cute. I love it. Nice job. biggrin.gif

Thank you very kindly, rhunen and WolfLover! The hard work is completely worth it when you get positive feedback! :3

To answer your question rhunen, it was actually a combination of programs! Because we were trained in classical animation, every drawing you see was done on paper! Then the frames were scanned into the computer, where we primarily used ToonBoom for coloring the characters and laying it all out, and Photoshop was used for painting the backgrounds. (A few of our classmates went above and beyond, painting their backgrounds on watercolor!)

We finally used programs like Premiere and AfterEffects to edit and time the final cut of the film. It was pretty involved! xd.png

That was a beautiful animation, both in execution and in story. I'm so highly critical with today's modern cartoons, but this really made me smile. If you aren't already, you should get into film and tv. I think you will go very far with your efforts =)

Awmygosh both were precious *o* Fox Tale was really quite sad at the beginning but had a much happier ending - and the fox! So so cute! -flails-

And Howie reminds me of my dog - is it strange that I got so much out of a minute-long animation? Well, anyway, they were both really sweet, and fantastic animations :3