rilavision

RIP Xbox One

I have no doubt that it is, but I'm quite happy with Dragon's Dogma at the moment smile.gif

Looks like Microsoft are also dropping the always-on requirement for the Kinect. The list of U-turns on this bugger are getting quite funny now.

also another funny thing is that i am going to try and get xbox one.....even though i don't have a tv with hdmi cable..............

I'm hoping to buy a PS4 at some point, although it might take me a while (I'm usually late when buying new consoles). Normally when I get a games console some of the games I want for it aren't for sale any more, meaning I have to buy a (sometimes very expensive) second hand copy.

If I had to pay again for every second hand game I owned, I'd be screwed.

This, but only due to Fallout 4.

have they finally annouced Fallout 4?!

i mean, i'm still workign on 3 and have yet to delve into New Vegas, but i do love the franchise! <3 Bethesda!!

re-skyrim on the PS3; didn't they re-release the game with all the kinks worked out. i've played a little of mine on the PS3 and haven't ran into many bugs. they shoudl come out with a GOTY edition if ones not already out which shoudl have the kinks worked out. i have the GOTY edition for FO3 (which was buggy as all get out on the PS3) and its smooth as a cucumber when i play it *knocks on wood*

also another funny thing is that i am going to try and get xbox one.....even though i don't have a tv with hdmi cable..............

So... get an hdmi cable?

Had a quick shufty at the list of Xbox One games on Wikipedia. It seems the only games I am interested in are also being released on the PS4.

Rather interested about Destiny.

Looks like Microsoft are also dropping the always-on requirement for the Kinect. The list of U-turns on this bugger are getting quite funny now.

Oh I hope this is true. I hate the kinect part and don't really want it. So glad they are changing the two problems I had with it (the always connected part and the kinect censor). Looks like I will be getting this console afterall. smile.gif

Do the games still install to the Xbox or did they take that part out too? Kinda hoping they did because 500GB probably wont be enough in the long run.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

I suppose it shouldn't really matter to me, because there's no way I'll be able to afford any of the new consoles, but...

It's like an insane person designed the Xbox One. They put features in that I can't imagine anyone would ever want, not the least of which is the feature that allows the console to spy on you, all the time, even when it's supposed to be off. What scares me is that people will buy it anyway.

I suppose it shouldn't really matter to me, because there's no way I'll be able to afford any of the new consoles, but...

It's like an insane person designed the Xbox One. They put features in that I can't imagine anyone would ever want, not the least of which is the feature that allows the console to spy on you, all the time, even when it's supposed to be off. What scares me is that people will buy it anyway.

You're also not up on the recent news on it. They took the part of always connecting to the internet out and the always-on kinect censor. So there is no way it can spy on you now.

Plus one fact they had always said that you could turn the features of the censor bar off but it had to be connected to the system still.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

I had originally wondered whether they might have wanted to use some processing power on the Kinect itself even if the device was off (for example, it might have had a processor and memory which could be used for secondary calculations where a bit of latency wouldn't be an issue if the processor and memory weren't being used to produce the processed output from the Kinect), but I guess that's not the case (or they decided to do without it).