Shadlok

ANSWERED:Custom grouping for 'Filter by'

I had the idea of being able to create maybe... 3 tabs or something so when you do the drop down of "filter by", you have the option to filter by a group you have created.

Some examples of groups you might want is:

Lineage projects

Pretty lineages for breeding

Ugly lineages

Things to be bred for friends

And so many more. I think it would save time for people who have a mix of beautiful and ugly lineages of a bred, and so they don't have to go through them all to find the ones that they want to breed.

Discuss?

Edit:

How exactly would it work though? Would you add dragons yourself to this group? And with what system?

Yes. I'm thinking that in the drop down section, you have the option to "Create new group".

You are navigated to another page with a title at the top for you to edit in, and then your dragons are listed. So for example, that title could be "Dragons for Project X". You can then choose which dragons you want added to the group, maybe with a small + sign to add them to the group. You click 'done' and they are added to that group. When you go back to the main dragon page and click 'filter by', your group is there and you can click it to see the dragons you have selected there.

Adding a dragon to one group doesn't mean it can't be part of another group.

Maybe it could also be possible for your individual group to be able to be filtered also by the standard ones. So you can see which are available for breeding.

Though I wouldn't mind a generation filter one, I don't think it's as productive, since you can't choose your own grouping, and this is an option for people to have a group where they can put a number of dragons which they might want to use for an array of purposes. People will be able to still see their grouped dragons on the main list, and in the default filters, but it's just so people can much more easily access a lineage they are working on, or "which of my 200 reds are decent lineaged for breeding" or something of the sort.

Edited by Angel of the Inferno

I would love a filter by generation, grouping the CBs, 2nd gens, 3rd gens, and so on.

How exactly would it work though? Would you add dragons yourself to this group? And with what system?

I like it but I also don't. I prefer the generation filter suggested by Naughtrish instead.

It would be nice if I could give a marking to the dragons and then sort them by marking.

I like it but I also don't. I prefer the generation filter suggested by Naughtrish instead.

Yes. I'm thinking that in the drop down section, you have the option to "Create new group".

You are navigated to another page with a title at the top for you to edit in, and then your dragons are listed. So for example, that title could be "Dragons for Project X". You can then choose which dragons you want added to the group, maybe with a small + sign to add them to the group. You click 'done' and they are added to that group. When you go back to the main dragon page and click 'filter by', your group is there and you can click it to see the dragons you have selected there.

Adding a dragon to one group doesn't mean it can't be part of another group.

Maybe it could also be possible for your individual group to be able to be filtered also by the standard ones. So you can see which are available for breeding.

Though I wouldn't mind a generation filter one, I don't think it's as productive, since you can't choose your own grouping, and this is an option for people to have a group where they can put a number of dragons which they might want to use for an array of purposes. People will be able to still see their grouped dragons on the main list, and in the default filters, but it's just so people can much more easily access a lineage they are working on, or "which of my 200 reds are decent lineaged for breeding" or something of the sort.

Yes, please! Gosh, would I ever use this.

Yeah, it is similar to the Tags idea, just going about it slightly differently. I think either option would be a wonderful addition. If I could just see all the CB sometimes, it would be incredibly helpful.

I think for filters you don't need "ugly lineages" as I don't think too many people would intentionally breed their uglies. But I would love a "caveborns only" and "1st and 2nd gens only" filter. Also, the custom ones.

I think for filters you don't need "ugly lineages" as I don't think too many people would intentionally breed their uglies. But I would love a "caveborns only" and "1st and 2nd gens only" filter. Also, the custom ones.

That doesn't matter. These aren't pre-set, these are groups you create yourself, so that's a personal choice.