Raven301

Secrets

((Alrighty~))

"I wouldn't apply for a job here either. It would be pretty hard, I think." Drake said, looking at Marley. "Why did you chose to be a neurologist?" He asked her.

"Well, for one thing, you get a lot of time to yourself, and I really can't be described as a social butterfly. I guess I'm just that kind of person" she said "But you seem to be the opposite of that, and you don't work here so what do you do?"

"Buffet." Glyph said pointing, "I'm gonna go to the arena." Glyph said standing up, "To get warmed up."

"Hm, be careful. The red head albino is here, along with a crazy 20 year old." Rember said, rolling her eyes and standing up. "I'll probably join you soon. Maybe you can show me some tricks while we wait for everyone else." She said quietly, walking over to the buffet. She picked out two pieces of bacon and a nectarine, along with some strawberries. She looked around and quickly ate the strawberries, then started on her nectarine.

Drake nodded at Marley's explanation. When she asked what he did, he chuckled. "Oh, nothing much. I just hang around the forest, really. I don't have any kind of job. I don't think anyone would hire me." He said with a grin.

((Rember is inside eating, but she'll soon be outside. Drake is outside with Marley talking, and Glyph is going to the arena, which the two (Drake and Marley) are hanging around. I think they can eat pretty much anywhere~))

Edited by littlelizzie

((Thanks!))

Marley looked at him with his remark.

"If you find something you like, it's not really a job. I, for one, love to study in complete solitude, It's just something I can enjoy. But whatever," she said, walking over to a nearby tree.

((They are eating in the dining hall that is indoors))

"Alright." Glyph said over his shoulder. Walking outside Glyph cautiously opened the gate to the arena and walked in. Surveying the area Glyph stood in the middle of the arena and drew his bow. Moving within a matter of seconds Glyph shot three arrows at a tree in the small forest of the arena. Thud, thud, thud Three arrows slammed into the tree within inches of each other. Swinging around glyph did the same to a lone tree by the stream that occupied another conner and again to a crumbly cliff face by the boulders. Lowering his bow Glyph paced over to the first tree and pulled out the arrows before walking to the stream and cliff to do the same. That was nice. Glyph thought rolling his shoulders, Haven't shot anything in awhile.

"Well, I haven't really found something I like to do yet." Drake said with a shrug of his shoulder, following Marley. "I just like hanging around the forest, I guess. The shifters let me hang out with them sometimes too." He said with a smile. He noticed a boy with brown hair go into the arena but didn't say anything.

Rember took a big bite of her nectarine and sighed, walking to the door. She opened it cautiously then looked around, not seeing Drake. "What's he doing here anyways?" She thought with a frown, walking in the direction the arena was at. She heard three gentle thuds and furrowed her eyebrows. "Arrows?" She asked, quickly finishing her nectarine and bacon than transforming into a hawk and flying to the top of the fence. She landed on the top of the fence and watched Glyph walk over and pick out his arrows. "I wonder if my bow is still in the forest where I left it..." Rember thought, preening her feathers.

"Well, too bad. I'm glad I found what I like to do, but whatever." she said "By the way, why'd you come to see the fight? Do you have any connections here?"

"Oh, yeah." Drake said, looking back at the arena. "Not a shifter, but a scientist. Scott is his name." He said, looking at Marley. "Why are you here? Do you have any kind of connections here?" He asked.

As he paced to the middle of the arena and began shooting again Glyph saw a hawk land on the fence out of his peripheral vision. Hmmmm why's Rember in hawk form? Glyph thought as he fetched his arrows and drew his sword. Quickly a fluidly moving from one sword form to another Glyph continued to observe Rember from the conner of his eye.

"No, I just come and go as I please. Most of the scientists here hate me, but to be truthful I'm kinda happy with that result," she said, laughing "Sometimes I help shifters, but normally I just come in the morning and leave in the evening. I just do, don't ask why, because I don't know."

Rember watched Glyph and looked around, her hawk vision noticing Drake and Marley underneath a tree. "Great, right by the arena. Excellent place, Drake." She thought sarcastically, screeching and seeming to fall from the top of the fence. She flapped her wings a few inches above the ground and glided over to Glyph, flying around him then transforming into a dog and sitting behind him. She tilted her head to the side and let her tongue fall out, panting and smiling.

"It's probably just something for you to do." Drake laughed, hearing a bird screech. "Most of the scientists here want to experiment on me, but they've never tried to before. I just here them whisper about me." He grinned, looking at Marley. "How do you help the shifters?" He asked her.

Edited by littlelizzie

As Rember dropped down beside him Glyph put away his sword and turned around, "watcha doing without a sword?" he asked patting Rember's head.

"I was supposed to grab one? I don't think a small hawk would be able to carry a sword." Rember barked, looking behind her at the gate. "And besides, there are people outside. I don't want to be caught practicing with a weapon." She said, looking up at Glyph. "So, I'll just be a dog and watch. I'll be a good boy, as humans say." She barked at the end of her sentence, wagging her tail. "Woof, woof." She said, standing on her hind legs. "Just practice, I'll be here." She said, falling back down on all four.

((Rember has a hard time keeping up her male voice when she's in an animal form, just so everyone knows wink.gif))

Edited by littlelizzie

"Anyway I can, but it certainly helps when they can turn into small animals," she said, revealing a small pocket on the inside of her coat "But as long as they can do something, I'll find a way to use it. Outsmarting the scientists here isn't all that hard, I've done it plenty of times."

Drake smiled, "Nice. It would definitely help if all shifters could turn into small animals, but alas, they learn only the forms they want to shift into." He said, hearing two people talking in the distance. "It really is easy to outsmart the scientists here. I mean, if another scientist can break shifters out... It's not very difficult." He said, shaking his head. "But, I don't know if any scientists actually break shifters out of here." He said, trying to prevent the topic of "Scott" from coming up.

Marley was confused why Drake had been so quick to change the subject, but choose not to prod any further.

"So, earlier you mentioned the older shifters. How do you know about them?" she asked.

"I just happened to stumble upon them one day, really." Drake lied, smiling. "They thought I was going to capture their young ones, but I proved to them I didn't work with the SSSP." He said, looking at Marley. "How do you know about them?" He asked her, curious about how much she knew.

"Ok." Glyph said turning and drawing his sword again. As he continued his deadly dance most of Glyph's brain was thinking about Rember's voice, he must be a she pretending to be a he Glyph thought to himself as he spun and jabbed.

Rember watched as Glyph swung his sword and tilted her head to the side. "He knows." She thought, looking around. "I can't really cover up my voice when I turn into an animal, so I'm pretty much screwed." She thought, tilting her head down and pawing at the ground. "Idiot, idiot, idiot." She growled quietly, standing and shaking herself. "It didn't take him long to figure out I was a shifter, but I gave him hints about that. Maybe... I could still play it off as a cold." She thought, licking one of her front paws. Edited by littlelizzie

"I just run into them as I wander the forest. It seems that most of them think I'm an SSSP scientist, and then I have to tell them I'm not. Although I'd never make a soul partner, I'm just not that kind of person. What about you?"

"A soul partner? Oh, no. I'm really not into love or anything like that." Drake said, looking up at the tree. "But, I guess if I find the right person I could consider it. I don't think I would care if they were a shifter or not." He said, looking back at Marley.

"I'll probably never find the right person," she said "I just won't."

Marley browsed the area "I think that the fight's starting soon, so I'm going back in. You can come with me if want, but I don't really care either way." she said as she left the comfort of her tree.