Altair

Favorite type of weather?

Favorite type of weather?  

214 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love the sound of rain and thunder when I'm indoors or in a car. It makes me feel so warm and happy. Unfortunately, I sleep in the basement so I can't normally hear it sad.gif .

Snow is awesome, too, and sun's okay if I can go swimming.

I prefer cold temperature. Though I wouldn't want a thunderstorm. Just mild rain. Or those cold feeling during December when the cold winds blow, no rain, or anything. I think that's why I love December.

Thunderstorms!! We had one just the other day...and they are very rare in my area. I loved it...hard rain, lightning and thunder. It was wonderful!

Thunderstorms!!  We had one just the other day...and they are very rare in my area.  I loved it...hard rain, lightning and thunder.  It was wonderful!

As long as you are safe, it's fine wink.gif

dry.gif I still don't like thunder. Lightning and rain is fine though. xd.png I love seeing those friendly lightning without thunder

Edited by georgexu94

I'm something of a weather-nerd, so I like the severe weather... tornadoes, hurricanes, ice storms, and blizzards. Not the damage they do or the difficulties they cause, of course. But witnessing nature's fury is just amazing.

I've personally been through 2 hurricanes, 4 tropical storms, 4 ice storms, and 3 actual blizzards along with any number of noreasters that didn't reach blizzard status. Plus witnessed one tree struck by lightning less than a block from where I was standing at the time. Still hoping to go tornado chasing in the Midwest one of these years.

I'm something of a weather-nerd, so I like the severe weather... tornadoes, hurricanes, ice storms, and blizzards. Not the damage they do or the difficulties they cause, of course. But witnessing nature's fury is just amazing.

I've personally been through 2 hurricanes, 4 tropical storms, 4 ice storms, and 3 actual blizzards along with any number of noreasters that didn't reach blizzard status. Plus witnessed one tree struck by lightning less than a block from where I was standing at the time. Still hoping to go tornado chasing in the Midwest one of these years.

blink.gif Witnessing nature's fury? Ugh... What is wrong with you? *face desk*

I hate the sun. It burns me and gives me a headache. I like cool, dark, cloudy weather. Rain is nice too.

I love the sound of rain and thunder when I'm indoors or in a car. It makes me feel so warm and happy. Unfortunately, I sleep in the basement so I can't normally hear it sad.gif .

Snow is awesome, too, and sun's okay if I can go swimming.

I've got a problem with on of the types of weather I like too. Even thought I like snow too much, the weather is so warm that if it snows it can't stand on the ground and melts or when it's cold it doesn't snow. I want so much to see a white day sad.gif (of course during winter not now).

blink.gif Witnessing nature's fury? Ugh... What is wrong with you? *face desk*

*innocent expression*

What's wrong with me? Is my phrasing too poetic or something?

Seriously, though... I grew up on the Connecticut shoreline, three blocks from the water. I was out delivering newspapers when Hurricane Gloria was moving in back in 1985. My dad said better to deliver before it got really bad, than to wait until after when there might be power lines down. My route took a little over an hour to walk, and brought me right out to the beach at one end. I remember the wind was blowing so hard that it was hard to walk into it, and you literally couldn't fall down into it. Dad had walked around with me that day, to carry the newspaper bag for me, which was a good thing, lol, I was a skinny teen back then and I remember him struggling when the wind caught the bag. It probably would have knocked me off my feet if I'd been carrying it. But I loved being out there in the wind and rain and just absorbing the energy of the storm.

*innocent expression*

What's wrong with me? Is my phrasing too poetic or something?

Seriously, though... I grew up on the Connecticut shoreline, three blocks from the water. I was out delivering newspapers when Hurricane Gloria was moving in back in 1985. My dad said better to deliver before it got really bad, than to wait until after when there might be power lines down. My route took a little over an hour to walk, and brought me right out to the beach at one end. I remember the wind was blowing so hard that it was hard to walk into it, and you literally couldn't fall down into it. Dad had walked around with me that day, to carry the newspaper bag for me, which was a good thing, lol, I was a skinny teen back then and I remember him struggling when the wind caught the bag. It probably would have knocked me off my feet if I'd been carrying it. But I loved being out there in the wind and rain and just absorbing the energy of the storm.

biggrin.gif Yes, too poetic. I approve of it. wink.gif

Rain. It's so fun, on a Friday, to see the sky all foggy and stuff, and put down my backpack. And then I...

And you might call me weird for this, but I literally walk into the middle of the street, look up, and spin in circles with my arms spread out. And I just censorkip.gif ing celebrate.

Edited by gregregreg

Rain. At night.

I also love a cold, clear, crisp night in mid December, with the smell of pine and sounds of faint Yule music in the air.

A breezy, hushed Autumn twilight, just before Samhain.

This was a hard decision to make, but in the end I went for snow.

It's fun to stand outside when it is snowing. Not so much fun in a thunderstorm xd.png

It's fun to stand outside when it is snowing. Not so much fun in a thunderstorm xd.png

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

I agree! Though... of course, it never snows here wink.gif

Defenitely sunny! I just came back from a 10 day vacation in Spain, and I miss the sunny weather so much! Instead I'm stuck with clouds and rain again, bleh!

I live in Arizona in a city called Sun City so I love everything other than sunny because it's always hot and sunny here and being sunny all the time is just freakin boring. I voted thunderstorms because I love wind, rain, thunder and lightning.

I just love it when it has been hot for a number of days, and then starts raining dogs and cats, so that it will still be hot, but refreshing at the same time.

I most like rain...And sound of it.I relax a little bit, but that doesn't mean to I don't like sunny weather!Here in my country is pretty hot and, thanks God, for weekend we are going to have rainy weather biggrin.gif

I just love it when it has been hot for a number of days, and then starts raining dogs and cats, so that it will still be hot, but refreshing at the same time.

Oh yes, I love that too!

I love when the wind suddenly becomes very strong while the ground beneath your feet is still hot, and tiny rain drops sting your skin right before the rain really starts and it feels like the sky is just crashing down on you.

Overcast Winter days! Even prettier is when it's at Dawn/Dusk. I love Maine for it's Everything!

Dark rain.

When it's cold and so dark outside it almost looks like nighttime. When there's lighting and you can hear thunder in the distance. When the rain is pounding against the windows so hard you think the house is shaking.

Love it.

I absolutely hate it when it's muggy, warm, and still bright outside and only lightly sprinkling. Unfortunately, that's usually how it is here in Texas though... :/

Texas weather is really bipolar. One time it was hailing for like, an hour, and then boom. 30 minutes later it's sunny. <__<

Oh. I despise rain when it's sunny. Just, no. Don't do that.

I said rain before I saw thunderstorm was an option!!! ;_;

I should've read all the way through, but truth is that I love both. One relaxes and the other excites!

Personally, I love fall weather. Everything is so crisp and cool, but the warm tones of the autumn trees gives you a sense of warmth. I love when it's almost cold, but not to the point of having to totally bundle up. I love when it's overcast with white clouds. So pretty.

But my favorite weather of all is snow. I'm not big on cold weather, but light snowfall at dusk/dawn is beautiful. It seems silent outside, and it's like the clouds are falling apart. If you get up early enough to watch the snow fall, it might even seem Silent Hill-ish. Beautiful.