Flamma

Instrema

Is this a good RP  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Looking down on the land, Illrea quickly spotted Zolan on his large battle horse., Tucking her paints in her bag and canvas under her arm, Illrea nimbly leapt from boulder to boulder until she reached Zolan. "Hello, Zolan." Illrea said pleasantly, "How are you today?" Illrea asked looking up at the tall figure on his tall horse. Noticing the bow Illrea smiled, "No swords today?" As she was often in the mountains and forests where Zolan would train and they sometimes pranked together, Illrea knew Zolan fairly well.

((Is that ok with you Shur'turgal?))

Edited by Raven301

(Mightly okay, I was actually planning on sort of the same thing!)

Zolan smiled and slid from Fern when Illrea greeted him so kindly. "Greetings Illrea," he said with a playful bow, "I am doing just swell this morning, though I am kind of hungry." The grin on his face grew larger, brightening his eyes, gesturing to his bow he exclaimed, "Nope, I'm going to try to shoot something to eat, wanna help? Orrr.." he glanced curiously at her bag and then eyed her canvas. With a quick, smooth motion forward he snatched the canvas from her and held the painting up so he could see it better. He spun, trying to catch it in the right light and then threw over his shoulder with a grin, "Are you too busy being arrrtssy?' He actually thought the painting was gorgeous, she had caught the rays of the morning sun glimmering through the trees just right. The blues and purples of the mountains were subtle and hushed by the sharp emerald of the pines and it was all captured beautifully, again, in the crystal of the lake. He would never tell Illrea this though, he was always out to tease her, so instead he sauntered over to Fern and jerked his head up, making it seem like the horse was looking at the picture. In a mock whisper he asked, "Should we tell her how awful it is, or just play nice?" With that, a dazzling smile leapt onto his face, he just couldn't help it.

"Zolan..." Illrea complained teasingly "If you give me a minute to go put that up I would gladly come with you." Illrea said gesturing to the painting. "Durquez would love a ride." Illrea added on thinking of her horse at home. "Where were you planning on riding?" Illrea asked as she walked over to Fern. Pulling out a sugar cube Illrea whispered, "I didn't forget about you."

((Durquez section added to my form! biggrin.gif soon?...))

Edited by Raven301

Zolan's smile broadened at Illrea's teasing tone, he had done his duty. Durquez.. Zolan thought, than out loud he asked, "Did you finally get that horse you were saving up for?" Idly he stepped away from Fern a bit so Illrea could give him his "secret" treats, she was going to make his majestic war horse fatter than a sow! Dramatically handing the painting back to Illrea, without giving her a chance to answer his first question, he exclaimed, "Of course you may go put this up, wherever it may be hung! If the journey is far, hop aboard my valiant steed and we shall take you where you wish to go!" With a grin Zolan crossed his arms and leaned back onto Fern's shoulder and shrugged. "I was planning on searching through the forest to find something to eat first and then riding into the mountains, Fern needs to be weathered better and fitter. Somebody" he said this with emphasis, "is making him fat!" He chuckled a bit and waited for her reply, he did hope she would come.

(I can edit if you have a problem with anything)

Edited by Shur'turgal

Turning back to Zolan as she took back the painting Illrea smiled "He could use a few treats." She said stoking Fern's velvet nose, "You just work work work him!" She teased. "Gimme a minute to put this up then I wouldn't mind a lift back to town to get Durquez, who is yes the sabino Eal has been saving for me." Illrea said gesturing to the small shelter where she had been painting. Leaping up the rocks Illrea quickly reached the small water proof hut where an assortment of canvas, paint, wood, oil, and finished artwork was stretched, thrown, piled, and hung. "I really need to clean up in here." Illrea muttered to herself while hopping and tripping to hang the painting in the back of the enclosed space. Edited by Raven301

The smile stayed on Zolan's face as he listened to her complain about how much he works Fern. IN his mind though, it's not just work, it's also play, plus he can't have a weak horse. Being weak means you fall to people without much of a fight, and ultimately that means death under majority of circumstances. He'd be damned is he let one of the only living things close to him die. He was so deep in though that he could only muster a small nod when Illrea spoke of the horse Eal had been saving for her. He remembered fondly how, when he still lived in the village, he and Illrea would go and see the horses and how she was amazed when they had been able to help Lina give birth to the sabino foal. After that it didn't seem like there was a day that Illrea wouldn't go and visit the horses. Of course, with his money, Zolan had been able to buy a rocky mountain horse, who was built to deal with the terrain where they lived, and left the village soon after that. As hard as he tried to remember, he couldn't grasp how long ago this all was. He shook the memory from his head, better to focus on the future. He watched as Illrea leapt back up the rocks and went to a hut he hadn't really noticed before, huh, must be where she keeps all her painting supplies, good idea. He tried not to stare as she tripped and fumbled, looking for a place to put the picture. He thought of going to help her but then decided it might just be embarrassing for her if he did now, so he turned his back, making it seem like he had never seen.

He pondered actually going into the town. He was never really fond of living really close to other people, in fact, he was already considering moving further away, but even going into town was weird. People looked at him with anger in their eyes just because he wasn't a full blooded Windle. How could he help that though? It was his parents fault, not his, he shouldn't be blamed. And his Grandfather.. No, he shouldn't get worked up. He hopped up onto Fern and called to her, trying to keep the troubled look off his face, "Hurry up slowpoke!"

As Zolan called for her to hurry up Illrea quickly bound down the small mountain. Noticing Zolan's expression Illrea lightly touched his shoulder as she mounted Fern behind Zolan. "Come on a little human interaction will be good for you." Illrea said, "When was the last time you were in town?" She asked as she laced her arms under his to brace herself for the coming ride.

Zolan smiled as she mounted Fern, knowing full well she could see right through his facade. The last time he had been in town? He was sure that the last time was only a few months ago when he payed a visit to the seamstress. They were being friendly, well maybe a little more than friendly, with each other when a man came in. He knew who Zolan was, most everybody knows who Zolan is, and instantly his face turned red, with jealousy or rage he couldn't tell. He had stormed over to Zolan and the woman and yanked her away from Zolan and as all the material for Zolan's new clothes fell to the floor the man demanded in a gruff voice, "What are you doing here? Putting your hands all over my woman?" A few things about this situation made Zolan angry. One, his hands were never even on the lady. Two, this man didn't own her. Three, who yanks a woman around? Four, his clothes were dirty now. Zolan looked at the man and through gritted teeth replied,"I am here for business, not to fool around, as you are making it seem. Secondly, don't yank her around her, nor I have done anything wrong." But the man wouldn't have it, he went on and on about how they should take this outside. Fed up Zolan shrugged and the man stormed out, he paid the woman and told her he would be back for the clothes with a smile. As soon as he stepped outside the man was swinging at him, which was foolish, everyone knew of Zolan's strength and technique with basically any weapon but the dastardly bow. With a few, swift, streamline kicks to the chin the man was down, unconscious, and Zolan dragged him so he was sat up against the side of the building. People barely had time to gather but of course the tribe's leader had been out and as soon as his Grandfather saw him.. well, Zolan didn't get any new clothes, he just left.

Snapping back he hoped Illrea hadn't heard about this and just laughed saying, "It's been a while." He took Illrea's word though, maybe some interaction would be good for him. He squeezed Fern on and he started at a trot, just to get away from all the rocks. When they were clear of the stones Zolan let out a yip and Fern burst into a canter, almost at a gallop. He looked over his shoulder at Illrea and smiled a wicked grin, squeezing Fern more, urging him to go faster. He turned his head back around and enjoyed the sight of the lush greens whipping past them. He steered Fern away from his home and in the direction of town. Normally, even going that way made Zolan uneasy, but with the feeling of Illrea's arms looped around the hard muscles under his shirt and the fresh air in his face, his mood melted into a happier one.

Laughing Illrea lifted her head to enjoy the sensation of the wind whipping through her hair I will never get used to this! Illrea thought as she tightened her grip on Zolan. "You really should come t town more often." Ilrea said leaning in so Zolan could hear her, "Just don't knock anyone out and you'll be fine." Illrea said with a smile in her voice. Edited by Raven301

Coming! Cried Swift following Ki out of the market. Catching up to him she yelled Where are we taking there materials to?

Zolan laughed a little along with her and laughed even harder when Fern jumped a large stream, jerking the both of them. He was relishing in the feeling of her arms tightening around him, did he really miss other people this much, when she said that he should come to town. He snorted, but it was caught in the wind and his face fell a bit when she made the remark about knocking people out, so she had heard. Sighing he moved his head back a bit and tilted his face so he could speak to her and their faces smacked together, he really hadn't been paying much attention to where her face was. He slowed Fern to a walk and the horse breathed heavily, but not as bad as a normal horse would and for that Zolan was thankful. "Sorry," me murmured, rubbing his face, "I think I would come to town more if I had a good reason to, I mean there is you, but you're just a little lady, hardly worth the trip." He winked at her and his voice lightened, a glint flashed in his eye and he moved quickly. He shifted his legs, one at a time but quick nonetheless and maneuvered himself so Illrea was practically sitting in his lap. He smirked at her and leaned in close so their faces were inches apart and whispered, "You should move out to the woods with me." He stayed where he was, willing her with his eyes. They wouldn't have to live in the same house or anything but, she was a great girl to have around. He felt a pang of sadness, realizing how much he not only missed her, but everybody. He threw the feeling away though, he couldn't think like that. His smirk turned to a smile and he closed the distance between them, touching their foreheads together, like he used to. In a hushed and sweet voice he said, "I've missed you dear Illrea." He could see the first islands of the town out of the corner of his eye, so, without waiting for her to say anything he pulled back and slid off Fern, acting like nothing had ever happened. He walked beside Fern as they neared the watery town.

"That's alright . . ." Illrea trailed off as Zolan put his forehead to hers, "Your eyes haven't changed." Illrea muttered as Zolan suggested she should come live in the woods with him. Slipping off Fern Illrea quickly caught up with Zolan, "If I lived in the woods there would be no one to prank." Illrea complained, "I would have to sneak back into town in the middle of the night and set traps, never to see my work." Poking him in the stomach Illrea smiled, "When did you get so buff Zolan?" she asked teasingly. Edited by Raven301

Mev looked outside his masters hut and sighed, not seeing her anywhere. "She always goes off to paint something." He sighed, putting on his shirt. "At least she has fun." He smiled, walking outside. He looked around for the stable her newest horse, Durquez, was in and walked over to it. "I don't know how to take care of horses..." He whispered, walking over to the beautiful horse. "Hey there buddy, your owner is going to want to ride you soon." He said, petting his nose. "I hope I don't lose you..." He said nervously, taking the ropes used to tie the horse up off. Edited by littlelizzie

A light smile played on Zolan's lips when he heard Illrea jump from Fern and come up behind him. He was also thinking of the comment she had made about his eyes, did she really notice them? What a girl. His smile brightened, showing his seemingly perfect teeth when he teased, "You're no good at pranks anyways!" She jabbed him in the stomach with one of her slender fingers and he rubbed the spot mouthing "ow" and making his face looked pained, and then he dropped it. "I've always been buff fair Illrea, it's just that, now, you're finally coming to your senses and noticing it," he half jokingly, and half serious flexed for her. You could see the lean muscles in his arms tighten and stress and then relax as he lowered his arms, through the thin material of his shirt. With a teasing wink he asked, "Like what you see?"

They were entering the town now, he had to leave Fern by the edge of the lake, as it was easier to navigate the bridges that way. "Now Fern, you stay here, eat some nice grass and listen for my call." As if the horse understood he nickered and then lowered his head to eat. Zolan gave a nod to the "guards", who already looked uneasy about him being there and stepped onto the first bridge. Walking backwards he continued to talk to Illrea, "You could live out there with me, and we could still prank! We could ride our horses to the Bromme border and run amock there, sat bear traps and release chickens and then watch it all unfold from the cover of the trees." He spoke animatedly and with a big smile, he liked the sound of that, and just thinking about it made him forget where he was.

"Hmmm that sounds like fun." Illrea said as they walked along the many bridges, "And I would get a whole new tribe to work my magic on." Illrea said, "I will get back to you on that." Illrea said only half-joking as she tapped Zolan's nose "I'm this way." Illrea said as they neared her hut, "Mev! Could you get Durquez ready for me!?" Illrea shouted down the path leading to her home.

"I-I'm trying!" Mev called back to Illrea, looking at Durquez. He ran a hand through his hair and frowned. "How do I get a horse ready?" He asked, looking around for any form of help. "Do I feed you or brush you or clean your shoes... If that's what they're called." He mumbled, looking at the horse. It nickered at him and he frowned, walking over to opening of the stable. "Ah... She's leaving." He sighed.

Zolan stumbled a bit as he followed Illrea, and his nose tingled where she tapped it. He could convince her to come live in the wilds with him, he knew he could, he would just have to break out his special Illrea charm. "One of the perks," he said to her back, "Is that you could paint me whenever you wanted." He jumped in front of her, flashing a smile at her face and posing. He let her pass as she shout to someone named Mev, had she got a slave? he wondered. They approached what must have been her hut because outside there was a guy tacking, or at least trying to, up a horse. He moved in front of Illrea and made his way to her steed. "Hey Durquez how ya doin' bud?" he cooed, rubbing the horse affectionately between the eyes. He walked around to the side of the horse, letting his hand trail along its supple body, flattening out his silky coat. Durquez was indeed a nice horse, probably just as nice, if not a little less, as Fern. He went back to the front of the horse and introduced himself to the guy, "Hey, I'm Zolan." He sort of muttered his name, this person probably already knew of him. Putting a smile back on his face he offered, "Let me help you with this," then he added, a little quieter, "you look like you're struggling." He snatched a hard toothed brush from the pale and ran it in circles over the horse's body. He then grabbed one with tough bristle and flicked over the horses body, except for his face and lower legs. He moved onto a brush with fine soft hair and swept it across Durquez and down his legs. He checked the horse's feet routinely, but none were that bad so he decided not to clean them. To the stranger he added, "You should actually pick his hooves but they aren't too bad." He stepped back from Durquez and smiled with satisfaction. He eyed the tack and said, "Don't bother putting that on, she won't need it." Turning to Illrea he teased, "Or are you willing to admit I'm the better rider?" She never would before, even when they just fooled around on the ponies as kids, she always said she was his superior. Well, he thought, let's see who is superior now.

"Thank you so much!" Mev said as Zolan came over and offered to help him. "I've never dealt with a horse before so I have no idea how to take care of them or get them ready or anything like that..." He trailed off, watching as Zolan cleaned the horse quickly. "Um, what's a tack?" He asked quietly, feeling like an idiot.

"Yes I could." Illrea whispered to herself as she passed Zolan. Laughing Illrea took Durquez's reins and slipped them off, "Tack is saddles, stirrups, bridles, halters, reins, bits, harnesses, equipment you use to ride a horse. You know when I get back you need your first horse riding lesson." Illrea said to Mev, "Come on Zolan times a waste'n."

Zolan just smiled at Mev, he looked really ashamed but he shouldn't, tack could be complicated, partly why Zolan didn't use it. When he realized they would be leaving Mev, Zolan felt kind of bad, he had money on him, he always did, he could rent a horse from Eal and they could bring Mev. Then he thought of where they would be going, an amateur couldn't ride in the mountains, he was actually kind of afraid of Illrea going there, he didn't want her to get hurt. Quickly thinking he said, "Well, we could not go to the mountains now, I mean, I don't know what you're made of, could you really stay on?" He smirked at her, continuing, "and if we just go to the fields a little ways out of town we could bring Mev and teach him a thing or too." Smiling he went over to Mev and clapped a hand on his shoulder, "Wouldn't you like to learn to ride on a real steed? You should see my horse, he is mighty fine!" He smiled broadly at Illrea, hoping she wouldn't guess why he really wanted to cancel their mountain journey. Man, Fern was going to get fat!

((AHHH trying to interact with Mev is hard dry.gif ))

"Are you sure you aren't just chickening?" Illrea teased "That sounds like a good idea, Mev needs to learn to ride." Illrea said, "We should stop by Eal's, when I went down there yesterday he had the calmest blue roan arabian, perfect for learning to ride." Turning back to the path leading away from her hut Illrea gestured to her two companions, "Come on, you can pick something up to eat, Zolan."

Mev was at a loss for words. "T-Thank you." He managed to stammer out, looking at his hands. "I've never ridden any kind of animal before..." He said quietly, looking up at Zolan. "Could you tell me how to take care of a horse later? Or, Illrea, you can, sinse it's your horse." He said with a small smile. He had to admit that he was quite excited. He just hoped he wouldn't mess anything up.

((I'm sorry :c I'll try to make it easier~))

Edited by littlelizzie

((It's not anything you're doing! Sorry I made you think that! It's just because I haven't read your character sheet so I don't really know what he's like...uGh unimaginative brain.))

Zolan smiled at the both of them, he had succeeded! He was also glad that they would be stopping by Eal's, he was one man that had never turned his back on Zolan, no matter how much trouble he was in. He had been out of town so long that he had forgotten there was people that didn't feel unreasonable hatred toward him. Zolan started after Illrea dramatically, stepping in front of her and letting Mev trail behind. With a flourish he gestured to his bow, "No way am I buying food, I'm going to hunt down a massive elk, remember?" He turned to them with a goofy expression on his face, turning the right way around he explained to Mev, "You see, I'm practically the best shot on earth, way better than miss, I carve bows, over here. I was on my way to kill this huge buck this morning when me and Illrea got talking." He gestured with his hands, exaggerating everything more than he should. Hopefully Mev would pick out that he was joking, by way of his tone. If not, Illrea would surely rat him out for it, she never let him have any fun. He scratched his head a moment when they came to a three way bridge. He couldn't exactly remember which side of the lake Eal had his stables on, and then it hit him, how could he forget? He went on marching, taking the left turn and listening to the nickering of horses in the distance.

"Hey when was the last time you saw me shoot?" Illrea joked following Zolan, "Hmmmmm almost a year! You need a refresher!" Illrea teased. Looking over her shoulder Illrea called to Mev, "Come on, were almost there."

((I gots to go night night D: Resume in morning?))

Mev followed after Zolan and Illrea, smiling as he started to talk about what a great shot he was. "I'm sure you're amazing." He said lightly, looking around. "I've never been to this part of the village." He said, slightly nervous.

((I can send you his sheet if you want me too~ Flamma hasn't put it up yet tongue.gif And yes, we can resume in the morning Raven! ^^))