psyshock

Cardfight! Vanguard

I have seen topics for Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic so I decided I might as well see if anyone has heard of this. I haven't been playing this for too long, I started in late February when my friend forced me to learn how to play. I started watching the anime as well and got a better grasp of the rules and now I play regularly and my strategy is around the same level as the friend who taught me.

This game also has a greater luck/probability factor involved with the Trigger system. Each time your opponents vanguard attacks they can check the top card of their deck to see if it's a trigger. Different triggers have different effects such as drawing a card or healing but they all power up a unit of your choice. There can only be 16 triggers in a deck which leaves the defender to predict the best they can whether their opponent will get one or not while guarding attacks.

Decks are also made based on clans and each clan has their own gimmick or their own specialty.

Official Site: http://cf-vanguard.com/en/

Yay! I love love LOVE this game! What Clan(s) do you use? I use Kagero. I started with Dragonic Overlord, but ive made a few adjustments to the deck. I'm thinking of starting Gold Paladin or Oracle Think Tank.

Yay! Found another person!

My main clan is Pale Moon, I started with the Gold Paladin trial deck and I wanted to use Great Nature because I'm an animal person but instead I decided to make a Pale Moon deck (I actually can't remember my reason for making a Pale Moon deck).

My deck started as just a bunch of random cards but now it is coming along nicely, although I still have a lot of play testing to do.

I turned my Gold Paladins into a Spectral Duke Dragon deck, although I prefer my circus over all.

I also have the OTT Trial deck but I'm not exactly sure on how I want to build them so they're just sitting aside until I figure out what I want for them.

Cool. I bought a total random deck on amazon for five bucks and there are some Pale Moons in there. I heard Pale Moon is pretty powerful.

And i can't believe more people don't play!

Pale Moon can be quite powerful but it is also quite tricky to use with all of the soul swapping you can do, and also it is heavy on counter blasts so you need to really watch when you use your counter blasts. I am still missing some key cards, like i only have one Purple Trapezist right now when really I should have 3 which also really limits what I can do right now, but I find it a really fun clan.

It would be nice to have more people to play with too.

What is your deck like? Do you use The End for your Kageros?

It's an expensive card though, and to run it efficiently you need to have 4 of them to make the most use of the persona blast (When you discard the copy of it from your hand). Pale Moon has some Persona Basts but I prefer not to use them since you need to have that extra copy of the card in your hand, and since the Pale Moon Persona Blast soul charges 2 cards form the top of your deck when you use it you might soul charge another copy of it.

I've seen some of the animated show x3 Didn't realize there was an actual TCG for it; haven't seen any of the cards in any of the stores where I'm at yet. It's been some time since I watched last any of the episodes though so I've forgotten a handful of the names |D

Maybe you'll find some cards at a shop eventually! tomorrow the 2 new trial decks are coming out so now 2 more Break Rides will be introduced in English! The first being the Bermuda Break Ride of course. I am somewhat scared for the Break rides, I haven't gone up against any yet but I'll definitely want to get one more perfect guard so that I'll have 4 for the extra defense and higher chance of having one in hand rather than my current 3.

Also, the anime and the actual game isn't like Yu-Gi-Oh where they make up a lot of rules in the show, the actual game plays exactly like it does in the show.

You can watch the anime on youtube or crunchyroll. It can be useful to see a bunch of cards and also to see how other clans work.

It is easy to think of it in stages, with 5k guards being 1 stage and 10k guards being 2 stages. The different stages also depend on your vanguards power, I assume you use Dragonic Overlord as your main vanguard so as and 11,000 vanguard the stages you need to look for are 16,000 or 21,000 attacks, or possibly higher if your opponent can get there (A 17,000 and 18,000 attack will still only need the same amount of guard as a 16,00 attack since you'll need to go at least 5k over 16) . And of course with their vanguard attacks you need to anticipate any triggers so you may want to guard with 5k extra shield if you think they might get 1 trigger or 10k extra shield if you think they might get 2 triggers.

This post is a bit late but Seal Dragons Unleashed is now released in English so there are new Kagero cards in there. From what I know most of the Kagero cards are for the Seal Dragon archetype but there is Dauntless Drive Dragon for non-seal dragon decks, although it is probably expensive.

I recently changed my Pale Moon deck from a Luquier build to a Farah build and I am loving the change. I run 4 Farah so that I have a higher chance of using her Persona Blast but I still run 2 Luquier in case I don't get a Farah or if I have too many Farah's in my damage zone or my soul to think about using her skill. Another option is to just switch to Luquier for an explosive finish and so far it works quite well for me and fits my play style more than my deck did before.

just realized I haven't posted here in awhile. If you're still interested in the game but can't play because your friend isn't allowed too you could try finding a local card shop in your area that has a Vanguard community. you can use the store locater on the Vanguard site to help find one that might have a bigger community. People there can help you with deck building and with getting better at the game.