RainDear

Have you seen a Copper egg in the cave?

I think a saw a Cooper seconds ago in the Volcano... smile.gif

But i didn't realize it was the Cooper, i'm still new on the forums and in the game. biggrin.gif

I highly doubt this. Or is there an official source?

Because the official message has always been that (except for breeds like Turpentines, where there is a deliberate altering in the refusal probabilities) Refusals are pure luck and do not depend on the breed, let alone the number of dragons of a breed on one's scroll!

To clarify, I stated "or so it seems," and "I generally do better waiting," etc., so I was referring to my individual experience as ulki mentioned.

For the first time EVER, tonight I had the opportunity to click on (and miss, of course, lol) TWO CB Golds within minutes - and I have yet to see one single, solitary Copper in the Cave since their initial Release ended...

I wish TJ would tell us if this is intended to torture us, or if these were, as stated, not supposed to be rare and why they aren't appearing in the Cave...

Is this - heaven forfend - intended to drive trade prices up even higher, and further displace the dragons as desirable in themselves, but rather as objects of varying worth?

You make a good point here, and I have wondered this.

That was probably my only opportunity to ever possess a Cheese egg. 

I traded it for two of the new Black Tea hatchlings because they have been so hard to catch. (All of them have been hard for me with the lag and the "mobile update" which has made my mobile device less responsive.) (But at least Black Tea eggs have been dropping.)

And it seems TJ controls how many of each egg drops?

I am not familiar with new releases, but I hope they are not always this way ... At least after the Royal Crimson was released, I was able to snag some eggs, but that was before the "mobile update."

Edited by missy_

I caught one yesterday. Traded it today. It was a brown

I haven't seen any Copper eggs since the release. It's kind of irritating, really.

i've seen a few, but i don't remember where or which time(no i didn't catch them). on the dragons wiki page the have quotes from the spriter stating that they would continue to drop in all biomes and apparently the color they drop as depends on the biomes environmental conditions. the reason I think the CBs are so rare atm is because everybody is breeding them. which is fine with me, i'll just aim for 2gens and focus on the CBs once the hype dies down a bit.

Edited by WestWindReborn

Everyone keeps saying "oh they're rare because of successful breeding"

But why isn't breeding affecting the other 6 new releases?

I've never had breeding affect a new release so quickly.

Edited by Arwen17

wiki suggests they may be uncommon;another thing quoted from the spriter. the others may not be. especially seragamma, i see that one the most often with black tea following close behind.

I have not seen a copper egg since the day they were released. I have been hunting them a lot and haven't caught sight of even one. I have seen 3 silvers, 2 golds, 3 cheeses, caught a paper, caught a gold wyvern, and multiple blacks. I have seen a lot of the other new releases but not one copper egg.

If successful breeding is to blame then how come noe of the other new eggs are so hard to find in the caves?

CapriciousT

Haven't seen any, though I haven't seen any Golds or Silver either. sad.gif

Luckily, I did get a blue pair during release and am trading their offspring off for cb's one at a time.

I haven't seen any either. I was lucky and my daughter gave me the " normal "

one. I have bred the brown one. I've been looking for the green one though.

I haven't hunted in the cave since the release, so I have no say as to whether or not they are dropping there, but I have seen a few in the AP. Of the two I managed to snag, one was bred and the other was CB (it was from release day believe it or not, and I caught it a few days after the event ended).

Edited by Wahya

My theory is that yes they are uncommon, but instead of each alt counting for a separate breed, they're all concidered one dragon so there aren't as many of them as there should be. That was the problem with one creature on another site that was supposed common but ended up being extremely rare for a while because all of the alts counted as one dragon.

My theory is that yes they are uncommon, but instead of each alt counting for a separate breed, they're all concidered one dragon so there aren't as many of them as there should be. That was the problem with one creature on another site that was supposed common but ended up being extremely rare for a while because all of the alts counted as one dragon.

But they should, in total, between the 6 biomes, add up to the amount typical for one either common or uncommon breed, depending on what they're intended to be, and they should be dropping at a higher rate now than they normally would, because their ratios won't be anywhere near filled - unless: they are super-rare; there's a glitch; or TJ is playing (the wrong way, lol) with the ratios and/or with our minds! Mwa-hah-ha!

And if they count as one breed despite the biome-dependant colouration, then higher numbers should show in more active biomes where they have more chance to show, as Golds were most often found in the Desert where they were most often uncovered from behind the Blocker breeds because it actually moved.

Maybe they're meant to be rare as CBs and common only as breds, but, boy, would that ever foul up the lineage plans everyone's been making involving these beauties!

I shall start worrying in a couple of weeks if the drought continues.

Put me on the list of never seen one - and I do mean never - was out of town release day camping so missed it entirely sad.gif

Haven't seen any copper, funny thing is I've seen a cb silver and a cb gold pass by but no coppers... wut.

I typically hunt the Volcano and the Coast ... I'll have a few spots open and click blockers to try and move things. Since the release I've caught two Silvers, a Tsunami, a couple of other 7Day eggs, but have not seen a single Copper, which is what I am looking for since I still need a CB red Copper to complete my collection.

I have seen a few 2nd gen Coppers go through the AP, but if they are breeding well, people are holding them or only putting them through Trades.

Put me in the camp of 'I haven't seen one since release day' :I

I've been stalking the cave a few hours at a time and seen silvers, blacks, gold wyverns, tsunamis, tri horns and blusangs but not a single copper. wat.

I haven't even seen them on the AP!

This is extremely annoying, I was egg locked when they were dropping and I don't have a single copper.

Um. Egweena, if you're looking for a red copper why are you looking in the coast or the volcano? Red ones only drop in the alpine or forest.

I'm not too sure what's going on with the lack of coppers dropping. It seems to me that since they should be uncommon we should be seeing more of them than we are. Unless they are dropping and someone with superfast clicky fingers is snapping them all up and not telling us.

I haven't seen any cb coppers in the drops at all sad.gif I have seen the odd few that were bred ones in the red and blue-green in the AP. I even managed to snag the above colors. Now as for brown -nada in AP or in cave. I have been in Volcano the whole time looking for and finally grabbing a 2 headed dragon egg but as far as the coppers go haven't seen any in the 3 days I have been there. None were in the 6, 7 or 8 drops in the morning. None yesterday and none again today. Where are they all????????? I thought TJ said they would be in there. Unless they are invisible wink.gif

I haven't had much luck trying to trade for bred coppers or trading them either.

/sad sig is sad

I'm another one who needs to complete my basic Copper set, needing a Verdigris pair to go with my Rainbow and Sulfured pairs, and I have not seen one of any variety in any of the biomes since the first day.

I have also watched for them in the AP, and finally got my first brief glimpse at a Verdigris earlier today, flashed right by in an instant. blink.gif

On the lemonade side, I've added three more CB Tsunamis so I have 6 of the 8 I want for my 2nd level breeding base, and picked up two more CB Red Dorsals for 5 of 8, from my Verdigris hunt failures. smile.gif

Ugh. I need another red and another green to finish my set, but haven't seen any in the cave and no one seems to be trading them.

I saw one just now in the Alpine. Of course, I caught the Pillow egg that was right behind it. Now, I'm egglocked, so no more hunt for a while.