RainDear

Have you seen a Copper egg in the cave?

I assume the answer is two-fold. One part is that because there are three colors people who would normally only start with one or two pair are trying to get triple that number, so people's desire for them is not satisfied as quickly, so there is more demand for them. The second part is that for 7 days essentially the cave did not drop any of the older breeds. It's trying to catch up. People don't really want more of the older breeds right now, or not many, so those slow down the biomes, so we don't see the ones we want, such as coppers.

One solution for that of course is to go to the ap and grab incuhatchable eggs and hatch them. However, I think a lot of us are still mostly locked. Our day 6 and 7 dragons are still growing and we're experimenting with the new breeds to see what we like paired with them. Especially we're experimenting with coppers as we don't yet know how breeding the colors works. So, coppers dropping in the cave will take another hit on that score.

I assume the answer is two-fold. One part is that because there are three colors people who would normally only start with one or two pair are trying to get triple that number, so people's desire for them is not satisfied as quickly, so there is more demand for them. The second part is that for 7 days essentially the cave did not drop any of the older breeds. It's trying to catch up. People don't really want more of the older breeds right now, or not many, so those slow down the biomes, so we don't see the ones we want, such as coppers.

One solution for that of course is to go to the ap and grab incuhatchable eggs and hatch them. However, I think a lot of us are still mostly locked. Our day 6 and 7 dragons are still growing and we're experimenting with the new breeds to see what we like paired with them. Especially we're experimenting with coppers as we don't yet know how breeding the colors works. So, coppers dropping in the cave will take another hit on that score.

That actually makes a lot of sense. ^-^ I thought that it may have been some kind of fallout of the seven breeds deal. You did state that they weren't rare at all, so I figured there had to be something messing with that. Now that I think of it, a lot of people did plan on getting a pair for each color, so that alone would be an issue right there. o.o

Wow, that's really smart. I haven't seen any since they were released either, and was beginning to think that they're rare.

In fact, the only new dragons I've seen are Black Teas, Blacktails, and Seragammas.

Didn't seasonals have an issue where they were all basically the same dragon, so an excess of springs caused a drought of winters?

Perhaps if the breed as a whole counts as the same dragon, that is why each color seems rare. I think with Stripes, each color is it's own entity. At least, it certainly seemed that way when black stripes came out.

IE, if uncommon = 60 dropped in one day. If they are counted as individuals that means 60 of each color. But if they are lumped together as one dragon, that's 20 of each color. (hope that makes sense)

I'd say some of it is people full and not grabbing too, but the desert is consistently going empty and volcano too. But where people used to grab the last blocker on the 5 minute marks, people are leaving them more often because I think they've hunted enough there that they know about how many eggs drop on the 5 min marks and they know there won't be one behind the next. Or at least, that is how it's been during the evenings here. No idea during prime time.

Since the new release ended I've seen one CB silver but zero CB coppers. If coppers are not supposed to be metallic-rare, then I really think this looks more like a ratio error than just new-breed settling. Coppers are WAY more than three times rarer than black-caps or blacktips, for sure, so it can't just be the three colorations skewing things. We'll see how it shakes out, though!

Edited by tjekan

I agree these would be in demand with people wanting to get all three colors.

What I find puzzling is that I haven't seen a single one drop ... Has anyone?

I have seen Black Teas drop since the event ended, and Bloodscales, and Seragammas, too.

It reminds me of Blusangs. Maybe it is my luck xd.png But I have never seen one of those drop, either.

Actually, I think stripes all count as one breed. Perhaps you don't remember things the same as I do, but for a long while after black stripes were released they were super hard to breed or to find in the biomes. I think TJ tweaked the ratios so they'd drop a bit more.

I think that was indeed part of the problem with seasonals. I don't know what TJ did to adjust things, but they are breeding better now too.

I have no idea if he coded coppers to be counted as one breed or three. He didn't say and I didn't ask. If they count as one breed that could be a factor as well.

I am not even going to try to breed my two pair yet to each other. xd.png

I am afraid of refusals. xd.png

I would rather wait until I have some more of these. And from what Fiona is saying about history, and the Stripes, for example, it could be awhile before the ratios even out.

I think I will breed them with other dragons for now. xd.png

My stripe memory might be skewed by a certain horribly stubborn cb lineaged stripe that refused to breed. But when blacks came out I got my full, 2 male, 2 female and hatchy set pretty easy. But I've had great luck with Soul Peace and Horse breeding too so I'ma knock on wood now...

/knocks

I think Nebulas were the same way when alts first came out. At least, I recall people in the even gen complaining that they could not get the other color for love or money and people scrambling to take advantage of the ratio skewing breedwise before it ended.

They do seem oddly rare. I'd expect to have seen as many as other rares I've seen. But I've seen trios and blusangs, but not coppers. Seems like usually, after a release you see things with steadily decreasing frequency. But I know I'm not the only person that dropped eggs to make sure I'd get a full set while the getting was good. That and with people dropping the colors they didn't want to the ap, perhaps we did just grab way more of these than the others.

Grabby hands. What can we say? ohmy.gif

I've seen one in the volcano. Meanwhile, I've seen three silvers before the time I saw that tarnished egg.

I've also caught an egg in the AP, and have seen several. I don't think there's much left there anymore, though.

Edited by Wild

Grabby hands. What can we say?  ohmy.gif

xd.png

But ... But ... xd.png I don't think wanting one breeding pair of each is grabby hands. Of course, I would have more if I could. xd.png

alot.png

Edited by missy_

Since the new release ended I've seen one CB silver but zero CB coppers. If coppers are not supposed to be metallic-rare, then I really think this looks more like a ratio error than just new-breed settling. Coppers are WAY more than three times rarer than black-caps or blacktips, for sure, so it can't just be the three colorations skewing things. We'll see how it shakes out, though!

I've caught some CB Metals and Blusangs after the release has ended, and have yet to see a single CB Copper.

Which brings me to the conclusion: They are either not dropping at all, or the rarest dragon to drop.

Because of any other breed, you can at least see something in the cave.

@Fiona: There has to be some kind of error, demand would mean the same it does with golds for me:

i see them, but can't catch them. If I don't see a single copper in the timeframe it takes me to see around 10 CB Metals, there's something amiss.

Well, I can confirm that they are actually dropping, as I finally saw one last night in the Alpine. Didn't catch it, but I did at least see one. rolleyes.gif

Gathering scarcity explanations together in one post for ease of reference (will edit in more if more show up):

Honestly, it's probably enough that there are three variations of them and they're scattered over all biomes, really. If all three variations count as the same species, then you have thrice the demand on the species than you normally would, coupled with them being more sparsely sewn.

(For example, if there are six of a species scheduled to drop due to the ratios, then a single-biome species will appear much more common than a six-biome species, already solely by merit that you're more likely to see one in a given biome.

Biome switching to get an overview doesn't help much to reduce this effect, since there is more time that you're out of a biome than you're in it; especially with new releases, that means you're not going to see how many of them actually drop, because the chance they'll drop in and be snatched up while you're not looking is pretty high.)

I'd only begin to genuinely worry about their rarity setting if they're still spine-breakingly difficult to get in a month from now. (But then, that's me; your mileage may definitely vary. Keep in mind I'm not trying to hunt for these, so it's easy for me to be relaxed about it.)

smile.gif

For those who just want the nutshell:

• Common drops were disabled for part of the release and then crowded out by the new releases and may be catching up now.
  • There are three variants that (presumably) count as one species, so the increased demand is making them rarer.
  • They're dropping in all biomes, making them a rarer sight in each individual biome.

For those who just want the nutshell:

Common drops were disabled for part of the release and then crowded out by the new releases and may be catching up now.

There are three variants that (presumably) count as one species, so the increased demand is making them rarer.

They're dropping in all biomes, making them a rarer sight in each individual biome.

I understand the points that are being made but there is something that I still do not get. This does not explain why I, like whitebaron, keep seeing rares but not Coppers. They should be seen at least as frequently as Golds and Silvers that, like them, drop in all biomes.

I understand the points that are being made but there is something that I still do not get. This does not explain why I, like whitebaron, keep seeing rares but not Coppers. They should be seen at least as frequently as Golds and Silvers that, like them, drop in all biomes.

I doubt the list is strictly complete. smile.gif Lets see if other stuff crops up.

(I am, mind you, deliberately leaving out "it's a bug" and "TJ has set them as rare"; not because I want to rule it out, but just because my (current) focus is more on "can we figure out why they're so rare using normal cave logic?")

We need people that REALLY love commons to just go and egg lock themselves with commons.... we all know they are hiding in there somewhere!

There are many of us who do this to try and keep the cave moving forward.

Well, I can confirm that they are actually dropping, as I finally saw one last night in the Alpine. Didn't catch it, but I did at least see one. rolleyes.gif

That's good to know. Since the relaese I've seen all of the new eggs except the Coppers. And I still need a green and red one to have a pair of each color.

I've decided that the cave lag must be from the Coppers trapped somewhere and trying to bust out. tongue.gif

I've still not seen any in the Biomes and by now, the ones you'd see on the AP will be bred ones, which I'm not interested in since I still need a CB Brown. Off topic I also still need a CB BloodScale and a CB Tiemarr. I've at least SEEN Timarrs drop.

Just to be accurate, I'm not saying that I didn't see any copper. I saw probably four after the main release. But I saw probably a dozen of golds and a dozen of silvers since then.

not seen one since release day and didn't get any on that day, as I only had about 20 minutes or so on that day to spend on my comp :-(

Lucky!!

Catched one in the Alpine a couple of minutes ago smile.gif

The first i saw in the biomes since their release day,btw.

Still haven't seen a single one, not sure if that's due to infrequent cave-lurking times or not. Good on you to the people who see them. Hopefully they'll get less rare.