RainDear

Have you seen a Copper egg in the cave?

One earlier today. A green copper in the Coast. Didn't catch it, nor the CB Silver that came just a few minutes after it, but it certainly was quite a sight xd.png

I managed to catch two in the last couple of weeks (traded them for other stuff) , so they are definitely around more than they used to be, coz I am hopeless at catching stuff lol.

I saw and missed a copper in the Alpine about an hour ago; congrats to whoever got it! smile.gif

I saw, clicked away from, clicked back to frantically, and caught a copper in the Jungle about half an hour ago. I don't know how that works, either, but hey, I'm not going to complain. laugh.gif

caught one in the forest - Amazing considering my usual derp freeze when i see something - followed by an equally daft freeze of astonishment when I do actually succeed in catching something.

Saw one in the Jungle earlier (maybe three or four hours ago?), didn't get it. Congratulations whoever did, though! smile.gif

Saw one flash by in the Volcano, I think at the previous drop? I didn't bother to commit this one to memory since I didn't even register it quick enough to try interacting with it. I refreshed before I realised what I refreshed over. tongue.gif

Saw one in the Coast near-ish the start of the current drop... did my usual derp-trick of refreshing and then clicking, so obviously I didn't get it (instead I got the caveblocker right after it, obviously laugh.gif ). Again, congrats whoever got it! biggrin.gif

I'm not giving up trying to catch these, it's actually really encouraging to see them increasingly frequently. (I need two more red coppers; I think I can do that (or catch other coppers and trade for them, either way).)

Edited by pinkgothic

Saw one in the Jungle just as I was clicking away from the biome, swore like a pirate, clicked back to the Jungle, it was still there for some reason, and I clicked on it and managed to get it.

I don't know why this happens to me. I seem to have very few issues getting CB green coppers. The others, though? Man, I can hunt until my wrist is sore from clicking, not a chance. ninja.gif

Well, the coppers seemed to be more common for about a week from Sept. 30 to Oct. 8. Although I saw about 1 per day, I was only able to catch a couple. However, I did manage to catch golds and silvers more easily, so traded them for coppers.

Now, I haven't seen any coppers drop in a few days since then...and I've tried every day, at just about every top of the hour, for at least 15-30 minutes (every hour), for the past few days (mostly in the Jungle and Coast biomes). I've been desperately trying to catch 1 more CB Green Copper.

I found the following quote on the Dragon Cave Wiki - Copper Dragon Page:

Fiona BlueFire stated in a forum post that these dragons will not be classed as rare, they will most likely be uncommon.

I"m just going to go on record now and say these are not classed as rares. They were never intended to be rare, despite what some think they remember seeing. They were intended to be fairly common (not cave blocker common) and I checked with TJ to make sure I was allowed to say that THEY ARE NOT RARE! Cuz they're not. A bit uncommon, maybe.

I can't control how hard they become to catch due to popularity, but they are not gold/silver rare.

— Fiona BlueFire

Well, I've seen a lot more golds and silvers drop, than I have coppers. Since the coppers originally appeared back in May, I haven't seen any drop until the week of Sept.30 to Oct. 8.

I also see a lot more CB golds & CB silvers for trade, than CB coppers too.

Coppers sure seem rare to me. What does everyone else think?

*edit to add...in the 4 hours since I posted this, I have seen 1 gold in the Jungle, and 1 silver in the coast (couldn't catch them either); and I still haven't see any coppers. sad.gif

Edited by Dryadia

I have seen them at least once a day, sometimes a couple times. However I have only been able to catch one - censor evasion removed- green copper. I'm about to pull my hair out because there are jerks out there that manage to grab a bunch of them and horde them for ridiculous trades. Even the second gen! I mean, come on! Sheesh. As far as a cb gold... I have tried for 4 messed up years and I am about to quit the game again because I nearly missed one today and haven't seen one for 2 weeks. I feel as if my only hope to get cb metallics at all is to make a horde of ND. I'm done with my rant.

weren't coppers supposed to be not rare???

Edited by rubyshoes

Well, "uncommon" means about the rarity of Trios. Those of us who were here for the Trio release remember that it took some of us more than 3 months to catch the Trios we were hunting, and of course Trios are still very hard to catch. I believe that in part this is due to the number released the first day offsetting the ratios so that some numbers had to catch up. Then, of course, their "perceived" rarity based on how difficult they are to catch and the prices demanded for them causes those with the catching ability to catch as many as they are able for trade fodder. All of this leaves some of us doing our very best but still neither seeing them nor being able to catch the extremely few we do see.

I'm about to pull my hair out because there are jerks out there that manage to grab a bunch of them and horde them for ridiculous trades.

I apologise for poking at this, but I just want to say: Dragon Cave has a very, very strong gifting community. And most of that gifting is invisible - it's not done in public posts, it's done in IRC, it's done in PM, it's done on other forums. People who can catch CB coppers do trade them, but there are very, very few that do not also gift them.

But even if they didn't... honestly, what would you do in their place? smile.gif Let's assume you can catch CB coppers, but you don't have any low-gen shimmers, even though you'd really like one (or two, or three, ...). Would you gift the CB coppers instead of at least trying for the trade? Assuming you'd try for the trade, do you think it would be fair for people to rail on you for it? (Your answers may of course be 'of course I would gift!' or 'of course it would be fair!'; those are not meant to be rhetorical questions. But do ask it yourself in earnest.)

Don't alienate the people who could give you shinies. smile.gif They really aren't jerks - and, like you and I, and practically every other human being, they don't like being accused of being jerks.

Good luck with your hunting!

Coppers sure seem rare to me. What does everyone else think?

A lot of things you have stated I would concur with. Other than that short period around about time you stated, I have actually seen about same numbers of coppers, gold and silvers. Personally have probably seen less silvers out of all three. Have not managed to catch any yet though.

However, to answer your question. There are a lot of reasons for this.

First Coppers are more recent and so are something that a lot of people are currently trying to get. For example Golds n Silvers have been around for a long time and lots of people have gotten their share of them. I have not, only got 2 Golds (one of them CB) and no Silvers, but I have not been around for really long time like some have. Coppers on other hand, I would say most are still trying to get. Where as Golds n Silvers like I said, some are still trying to get and others not so much. Sure they might still try to grab one if they see it, but they are more willing to trade them away .. or they are more willing to try and obtain a Copper currently via trade, breeding or caves.

Also add to that fact, there are 3 different versions of Copper. It seems that a lot have gotten what they want of one type or maybe all they want of two types of Coppers but are still trying to get more of the other one or two.

So since they are fairly new, a lot more people are breeding more of them too, which makes seeing them in the cave less likely. I have seen some people with 4th and 5th Gens, which makes me envious since I only have one 2nd Gen Copper and no CB's at all. But I know in time, I will finally manage to get some. Just like it took me about a year to get my CB Gold. It will come in time, especially later once the 'newness' of them wear off some and I would guess in time this will die down somewhat.

There are a lot more people now than there was 4 years ago too; so more people trying to catch CB's makes the competition tougher.

I caught my 1st gold egg Jan. 2009, but wasn't able to catch anymore until this year (4 years later).

After TJ added the 6 biomes in 2011, it became easier to hunt specific breeds. Before that, there were no biomes, only the 1 page with 3 eggs to choose from, so it seemed that I never even saw golds or silvers. Even tho golds and silvers can drop in any biome, I see them more often now, although I can rarely catch them.

Also, it seems that occasionally certain breeds drop more frequently for a short time. For instance: the metallics from about Sept.30 to Oct. 8. After that it seemed like Blusangs were more abundant. And in the last few days I've seen a whole lot of dinos dropping. So perhaps the rares were made more available for a short time recently. (or maybe I've just been spending so many hours in the cave lately, I'm seeing them more often).

But alas, as many hours that I've been spending hunting in the Jungle and Coast...those Green Coppers are very elusive. dry.gif

Even the second gen! I mean, come on!

I have obtained at least 10 2g coppers for free, from various nice people. Maybe it helps to be friendly to people who actually catch cbs if you want 2gs? :-)

I saw a Copper in the Desert about 15 minutes ago, of course I didn't click fast enough. Congratz to the one that caught it.

I just caught a red copper in the alpine biome, at the 8:10 drop. I clicked an egg to clear a space to see if anything interesting appeared after it, and sure enough, copper. I kind of boggled at it for a second or two and clicked it, thinking "I waited too long..no way will I get it" but I got it. ohmy.gif

I saw one CB Copper in the Forest just over a week ago I think. I didn't realize what it was until it was gone though, a mistake on my part I'm not going to repeat in the future. Oddly though, I haven't seen any since, not even in the AP. That's not going to deter me, I'm still determined to find one. It'll just take a little more patience is all.

Saw a copper egg in the Coastal area. IT BOGGLES my mind because I clicked so fast in a split second. I mean I clicked so fast I should've been the person that got it. It would've been a green copper too. But oh well, I've already got some good dragons. Congrats to the person who got it though, I just couldnt believe I didn't get it o.O

EDIT: Just right now I saw another green copper in the Coast. Missed it ofc

Edited by aurorain

Hm... Saw a few in various biomes about a week or so ago. Since then, nothing.

Not that I had any luck catching those. ^^;; I'm catching Silvers, instead. O.o

Saw a copper in the desert. Obviously did my usual trick of refreshing first and then clicking. Didn't get it, obviously, got the yellow-crested behind it. laugh.gif Congrats to whoever nabbed it!