RainDear

Have you seen a Copper egg in the cave?

Well it makes a good story, you know. The one time I didn't end up abandoning CB metals to catch CB coppers and the CB coppers ended up becoming rarer than CB metals.

blink.gif abandoning Cb metals?

*shakes self*-back to topic.

I saw one a few days ago in the alpine but missed it -it was the first I've seen since the release. It may be because everybody is breeding them, skewing the ratios etc

blink.gif abandoning Cb metals?

*shakes self*-back to topic.

I saw one a few days ago in the alpine but missed it -it was the first I've seen since the release. It may be because everybody is breeding them, skewing the ratios etc

Coppers were badly skewed before a single Copper, TJ's *included*, had grown up. I still have yet to see evidence of a single Copper caught date of May 27th, May 28th, May 29th, May 30th, and May 31st. And I've only seen evidence of two Coppers caught on June 1st. TJ's grew up on May 29th, for those curious.

Cheers!

C4.

Two of mine are form the 26th/27th since then I have caught one and seen one.

Two of mine are form the 26th/27th since then I have caught one and seen one.

I just checked your scroll.

You have three CB Coppers.

All three of them were caught, Cave Time, on May 26, the day they were released. None of them were from the 27th, nor any day afterwards.

Edited by missy_

laugh.gif reading other dates, but regardless I have seen and caught and promptly traded some since the release.

I haven't seen any CB Coppers, BUT I have seen some trade offers that included CB Coppers, so they are dropping (More like trickling if you ask me). And I managed to snag a CB Bloodscale, but due to the new release, I had to drop it into the AP....

This is ridiculous. I'm seeing CB gold's being offered for coppers. Coppers were supposed to be common. When will the ratios be fixed?

"I'm just going to go on record now and say these are not classed as rares. They were never intended to be rare, despite what some think they remember seeing. They were intended to be fairly common (not cave blocker common) and I checked with TJ to make sure I was allowed to say that THEY ARE NOT RARE! Cuz they're not. A bit uncommon, maybe.

I can't control how hard they become to catch due to popularity, but they are not gold/silver rare." — Fiona BlueFire

This is especially frustrating when there are 3 different colors of coppers.

Edited by Syaoransbear

I can't control how hard they become to catch due to popularity

Therein lies the problem. They're popular. REALLY popular. And since there's three different kinds (all of which i'm assuming are thrown into the same ratio pool) it makes it really difficult to find. It's basically same same concept as the Golds. Golds would be relatively easier to find in the caves if they weren't so popular and there weren't so many hoarders of the breed.

Coppers breed pretty well, though, so they don't BREED like Golds, thankfully.

This is ridiculous. I'm seeing CB gold's being offered for coppers. Coppers were supposed to be common. When will the ratios be fixed?

"I'm just going to go on record now and say these are not classed as rares. They were never intended to be rare, despite what some think they remember seeing. They were intended to be fairly common (not cave blocker common) and I checked with TJ to make sure I was allowed to say that THEY ARE NOT RARE! Cuz they're not. A bit uncommon, maybe.

I can't control how hard they become to catch due to popularity, but they are not gold/silver rare." — Fiona BlueFire

This is especially frustrating when there are 3 different colors of coppers.

I also wonder when TJ will stop to ignore this thread ninja.gif

At least there are droping better as at least they are in trades now...but anyway...they are rare and going for cb metallics...

Edited by Tabitah

I also wonder when TJ will stop to ignore this thread ninja.gif

Personally, I don't see this as a bug. A problem with the dragon to user ratio, yes, but not a glitch or something "fixable". Unlike that awkward time where a certain dragon just 100% refused to breed to Ridgewings and TJ said there wasn't a problem but there obviously was. lol

The Coppers are rare because they're in demand. There isn't a supply to keep up with the demand, that's all.

Personally, I don't see this as a bug. A problem with the dragon to user ratio, yes, but not a glitch or something "fixable". Unlike that awkward time where a certain dragon just 100% refused to breed to Ridgewings and TJ said there wasn't a problem but there obviously was. lol

Do you see them?

I mean when people post here, I mean good catchers that they catched 16 cb silvers and so on but haven't seen any copper...how can you explain that?

Do you have proofs?

It is not that they are hard to catch they just don't appear....(or let's say not in a 'uncommon' way but rare or super rare)

Therein lies the problem. They're popular. REALLY popular.

That certainly is not sufficient to explain their current rarity.

If they were dropping as uncommons but were just hard to get because of their popularity, then a lot of them would exist, they would just be hard for Joe User to get his hands on. We would see them in the biomes nearly every drop, but usually miss them as everyone dived for them at once. There would be a thriving, probably even frenzied trade market as people who caught them repeatedly offered multiple coppers for low-gen shimmers and swapped copper colors left and right.

The fact that coppers are so rarely seen dropping in the cave at all-- even by experienced catchers-- and that they are so rarely offered as trade fodder, makes it clear that these dragons are currently dropping as ultra-rares. Whether it's a glitch or a feature I do not know, but you can't seriously argue that they're behaving like uncommon dragons such as blusangs or trios... to the contrary, they're consistently behaving rarer than golds.

Edited by tjekan

The fact that coppers are so rarely seen dropping in the cave at all-- even by experienced catchers-- and that they are so rarely offered as trade fodder, makes it clear that these dragons are currently dropping as ultra-rares. Whether it's a glitch or a feature I do not know, but you can't seriously argue that they're behaving like uncommon dragons such as blusangs or trios... to the contrary, they're consistently behaving rarer than golds.

I agree 100%. The problem is, TJ is indeed on record as stating that there is no glitch. It was a help thread, the only one that lasted more than a day before being closed.

Unfortunately, his answer was typically TJ vague. He just said there is no glitch. So we have no idea if the blasted Coppers are supposed to be ultra rare in CB version.

TJ's answer:

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=7426057

C4.

TJ isn't omniscient, you know. :-) It took him months to notice the glitch that was making rares drop commonly a few years ago. There could easily be a glitch going on right now that is making coppers rarer than he first intended and he just hasn't realized it yet.

He stated definitively that coppers ARE dropping, and that must be true, because somebody traded me one last week. But is their rarity what it's supposed to be? That depends on whether TJ intends them to be at least as rare as other metals (despite what Fiona believes), or whether TJ does indeed intend them to be uncommons (and might be incorrect about the cave drops currently being free of all glitches.) ;-)

The problem is getting him to dig deeper and figure out why no one is seeing the Coppers in the cave.

And yea, the Turpentine refusal "not a glitch" was pretty funny, I think people were up to like 300+ documented refusals per breed from two or three breeds without a single not-refusal, and the official word was still "no glitch".

C4.

TJ isn't omniscient, you know.  :-)  It took him months to notice the glitch that was making rares drop commonly a few years ago. There could easily be a glitch going on right now that is making coppers rarer than he first intended and he just hasn't realized it yet.

He stated definitively that coppers ARE dropping, and that must be true, because somebody traded me one last week. But is their rarity what it's supposed to be? That depends on whether TJ intends them to be at least as rare as other metals (despite what Fiona believes), or whether TJ does indeed intend them to be uncommons (and might be incorrect about the cave drops currently being free of all glitches.) ;-)

Yeah, TJ's response doesn't actually answer the question that everyone is asking. Everyone knows that they are dropping, what people want to know is if there is a ratio glitch. Him saying "The coppers are dropping" doesn't answer that question whatsoever, so personally I believe that the thread that TJ answered actually still remains unanswered.

Edited by Syaoransbear

TJ never admits to anything related to ratios. Its his silly, but holy cow noone must touch.

We all know by now that often ratios will be out of whack for a breed for some time, along with flood/famine cycles that increase with every passing year.

This, however is not whats happening to coppers. Right from the beginning, they were rarer than cb golds, and they still are. You could also see this by how fast other breeds were back, mixing in with the new release - coppers were the fastest to do so of all 6 released in cave.

PS: Add 2 Metals caught and 0 coppers seen to my list for last week

Maybe they're intended to be this rare.

Still haven't seen a copper in the biomes.

I've been looking since they dropped and have spent way more time on DC lately than I usually do.

Aside from the odd bred one being dropped in the AP I haven't seen any.

Will keep looking.

Love the green ones.

xd.png

Maybe they're intended to be this rare.

the intent of the artist was slightly uncommon.

According to Fiona, TJ confirmed that.

It's not at all what we're seeing here - just saying what intentions were.

An update: I still have not seen a single copper egg since the original release date. I've been trying to keep a spot open on my scroll in case I get the chance to catch one, but I've mostly given up on that pipe dream.

I keep hoping that we gradually see more in cave and are able to track the progress in this thread. I still need several CBs and hunt every day, but I have only seen one in cave since the release. My hat's off to those who have seen 3 or more.

And.....I still haven't seen nary a one. Uncommon I get I don't expect to see them falling in droves but this is mindblowing. It's like looking for a CB Metallic. I want a few more CB Coppers darn it. dry.gif

It's not a question of popularity.

Let's take a really popular breed: Bluesangs.

I haven't been able to catch any since they initially dropped, but I *have seen* them! I'm just not fast enough to grab one. Same with Gold - I *see* them drop, I just can't grab them.

Right now, the biomes are moving fairly well, since everyone's chasing after the new releases. And we're *still* not seeing Coppers!

So, despite TJ's refusal to see this, there *is* a problem with the Coppers. And it's not their popularity.