RainDear

Have you seen a Copper egg in the cave?

I think everyone is, and TJ isn't helping matters by saying "all is well" and closing threads meant to ask what's up. Everything *isn't* well, and when there are at most 2 or 3 dropping in a given day (judging from what's in the fansites and being posted, it can't be much more than that)...

Sometimes, secrecy can be highly detrimental. Take this case, for example. If TJ came and said, "yes, there are more Coppers dropping in the cave than Golds", ok then we're just missing them. If he said, "The Coppers are being created, but the commons are so underpopulated that the Coppers just aren't making it to the Biomes", that'd be irritating, but again, we'd have a better idea what we need to do to get Coppers back: Raise more blockers.

But all he's said is: there is no problem. And yet.... There *is* a problem! Everyone is seeing the problem except TJ.

I just wish, that instead of keeping everything a closely held secret, he'd give the userbase at least a little something to reassure us that the problem will correct itself in time. And I don't mean, "don't worry things will get better", because that's not reassuring when he can't seem to see the same problem we're seeing, I mean like the examples above. Telling us why we can't even SEE a single copper in the biomes.

Cheers!

C4.

^^THIS EXACTLY!

You know there aren't many coppers out there period because NO ONE is trading them! Go look at the trading thread. Do you see anyone offering a copper?

Most people will offer extremely rare eggs because they know they can ask for A LOT in return.

I see offers for all kinds of rare eggs EXCEPT coppers!

^^THIS EXACTLY!

You know there aren't many coppers out there period because NO ONE is trading them! Go look at the trading thread. Do you see anyone offering a copper?

Most people will offer extremely rare eggs because they know they can ask for A LOT in return.

I see offers for all kinds of rare eggs EXCEPT coppers!

Exactly. I've been stalking the trade threads and I've only seen ONE or TWO people who had CB Coppers up for trade. People are giving an arm and a leg for one.

I stalk the caves throughout the day and have still not seen once since the release. I've seen Golds, Silvers, Brines, Non-breedables, etc, but NO pretty Coppers. I've given up (for now) on getting any more caveborns. (I got one of each color on the night they were realeased) and have been picking up 2nd gens from the AP.

Since their initial drop I have seen one Copper. I did manage to catch a CB Blusang while looking for a Copper, and it was the first Blusang I'd seen in months. I also saw a Leetle Tree during my Copper search, but no Coppers of any kind in any biome.

Edited by purpledragonclaw

I saw one copper 2 days ago in the Volcano biome. It's the only one I haveseen since the release. biggrin.gif

I saw...and missed...a Copper about 3 days ago. Add that one to the two I saw ages ago, I've seen 3 since the release. If that's not rare, I don't know what is.

The best way I know how to put it is: I have seen more golds and more silvers then I have seen coppers since they were released. Copper count is one, golds is at least 2 (probably 3 or 4) and silver is four.

Edited by ElayneDragonLover

I have managed to catch all the others, even Bloodscales. I've bred all the new hybrids. I even managed to breed one Copper.

But I haven't seen hide nor scale of a CB Copper since the initial drop.

Now, one thing we're forgetting is: TJ doesn't have to sit there hour after hour, hitting the F5 key and *hoping* for a chance at something that doesn't seem to exist. I mean, it's his game, right? So if he wants a CB Copper, he'll *code* it onto his scroll. He has absolutely no need at all to spend time in the cave, chasing after a specific egg. He's looking at his codes. His codes and statistics say the Coppers are dropping, so they're dropping. End of discussion.

He hasn't experienced the frustration of refreshing hour after hour, day after day, and *still* not seeing an egg that's supposed to be only 'uncommon'.

I don't begrudge him his ability to just magically make any egg that he wants appear on his scroll. As I said, it's his game.

But that also means that he can't really understand our growing anger and frustration and disillusionment with the game.

I've never managed to catch a CB Gold. But I've 'seen' them! So I know that, maybe, just maybe, one day I'll be fast enough to grab one.

But I haven't seen a CB Copper. Nowhere. At no time in any of the biomes. And that is my reality as a player of this game. No matter that TJ says it's otherwise...

I have often wondered whether TJ even hunts the cave.

The only thing he has said about the Coppers is that nothing is "broken". This could mean that those of us who believe that they are presently overpopulated and will start dropping more frequently as the ratios catch up are correct--but it could equally mean that those of us who believe that they are going to be the "rarest of the rare" are the ones who will prove to be correct. All we can do, if he continues to refuse to clarify, is wait and see what the next weeks/months bring.

I have often wondered whether TJ even hunts the cave.

You know, I honestly think he doesn't. Why should he, when all he needs to do is to add a bit of code and presto! another lovely egg on his scroll?

You know, I honestly think he doesn't. Why should he, when all he needs to do is to add a bit of code and presto! another lovely egg on his scroll?

While I know "Hey Presto" is how new releases get onto his scroll, I understand that he is also gifted eggs, and breeds, but it could still be possible that he hunts. Hunting in the cave would be the only way for him to see what we see. If he doesn't see what we see, it kind of explains why "it isn't broke" seems to be enough of an answer when we have questions like this one. It might help communication between us and him if he actually shared these experiences so he could understand our frustration both with things in the cave and his apparent lack of interest in our questions.

In the past two weeks I've caught a CB Gold and CB Blusang. Saw and missed a CB Silver. Still haven't seen a single CB Copper.

Still, as crazy as things are at the moment, their creator DID say they wouldn't be as rare as normal metallics... I doubt TJ would override that. So hopefully things will settle out eventually.

I saw two CB golds and a CB silver but not a single copper. dry.gif

Edited by Windy

The only good thing about this situation is that it made me hunt more. In search for the coppers I caught 2 CB Golds and 4 CB Silvers. As of now, I have SEEN 0 (yes, zero) coppers. I saw (and didn't click) 4 blusangs, as I have all the CBs I need. Also, I rarely hunt in the Coast, because it's not moving fast enough. If I had the patience to stay there, I'm sure the blusang count would be much higher.

I don't mind coppers to be ultra rare, although imo it doesn't make much sense. If it was platinum dragon, or diamond dragon, it would be understandable. But in real life copper is more common than gold or silver, so this seems weird.

Since the release I just saw one Copper in the Alpine biome, that was two days ago (needless to say that Ididn't manage to get it). Meanwhile, I saw more golds, silvers and even more leetle trees (even caught one) than Coppers. Something is definitively wrong with the ratios and I am not sure if not breeding them for 30 days will help to improve the situation.

It is troublesome for me since I totally ignored them when they were released. I was egg-locked and thought I could easily catch them after the big birthday party. Well, I think I was wrong laugh.gif

I think I may have seen one since release, but that's it. Caught one CB silver and saw another in the last few days, as well as a couple blusangs. Regardless of whether this is just a game and no-one's lives are seriously compromised over not having a few extra pixel dragons to play with, TJ really should be a bit more on the ball with responding to problems that have been highlighted by the userbase such as this in a way that actually answers people's questions and doesn't leave them feeling as though he's not listening properly. Even if he doesn't play the game the same way we do, he should be at least somewhat sympathetic to his userbase so that we can feel as though he respects the time we put into playing his game. If this really is not a problem in terms of whatever system he has running, be it ratios or whatever, then that suggests there's something wrong with the system itself. I particularly dislike the fact that this goes against the dragon's creator's guidlines for its rarity; I don't like to think that if I had a dragon implemented into the cave, I wouldn't be able to get a clear answer in the case that things went awry with it. I don't mind dragons being rare, since getting them is always satisfying when you manage it, but this is just silly.

So the Coppers are still no-shows? I've not seen a one since they dropped and all TJ says is, 'They ARE dropping.' When and where??

It's been over a month now. I've caught multiples of every other dragon from the release, but I've only *seen* 1 copper, and naturally I didn't get it laugh.gif

It was in the desert biome a few days back.

We're due another release in some, 9 days ? Perhaps that'll help..

Only CB copper I've seen was on EAtW's marketplace...and they were only looking for a swap.

I haven't seen a single copper in the cave since their release. Not one.

I haven't seen any in the cave, but I did see one just now in the AP. Don't know if it was CB or not. By the time I'd realised it was a copper, I'd already refreshed the page.

My first copper is a CB one. it was more than 2 weeks already.

I haven't seen a copper since the day after their release. Having trouble finding gilded bloodscales too, though, so that's not saying much.

I finally saw *one* Copper egg. I felt elated, like it was one hundred years ago in the African Bush country and I had tracked down an elusive wild Cheetah's whereabouts using all my skill and wit and cunning. xd.pngninja.gif

I have never seen any CB copper since its release.

Two weeks ago, I caught a 2PB green one in AP.

That's all with the copper. Is there any possibility that only one egg is dropped a day?