RainDear

Have you seen a Copper egg in the cave?

Since their release, I have seen three total drop in the biomes. I caught one and gifted it to a friend in need, the other two I missed. I have seen more silvers and golds than coppers missed a handful besides two I was able to pay off an IOU. Having more rares will make rares rarer and harder to catch maybe? Maybe it is coded that very rare a rare will drop in the mix of the eggs in the cave and now that there is 3 kinds of metals it makes it a bit frustrating.

Yes I'm severely bummed about this as well since I gifted out about 7 or 8 Coppers when they were released.

yeah..I chucked several coppers to the AP when they were released because I got the wrong color. I would've kept them, had I known.

I have seen absolutely NO CB coppers around the biomes since the initial drop. I'm still in need of one male CB Copper for my collection to be complete, and I can't for the life of me get it anywhere >.< It is indeed quite frustrating... =/

Yes I'm severely bummed about this as well since I gifted out about 7 or 8 Coppers when they were released.

I think everyone is, and TJ isn't helping matters by saying "all is well" and closing threads meant to ask what's up. Everything *isn't* well, and when there are at most 2 or 3 dropping in a given day (judging from what's in the fansites and being posted, it can't be much more than that)...

Sometimes, secrecy can be highly detrimental. Take this case, for example. If TJ came and said, "yes, there are more Coppers dropping in the cave than Golds", ok then we're just missing them. If he said, "The Coppers are being created, but the commons are so underpopulated that the Coppers just aren't making it to the Biomes", that'd be irritating, but again, we'd have a better idea what we need to do to get Coppers back: Raise more blockers.

But all he's said is: there is no problem. And yet.... There *is* a problem! Everyone is seeing the problem except TJ.

I just wish, that instead of keeping everything a closely held secret, he'd give the userbase at least a little something to reassure us that the problem will correct itself in time. And I don't mean, "don't worry things will get better", because that's not reassuring when he can't seem to see the same problem we're seeing, I mean like the examples above. Telling us why we can't even SEE a single copper in the biomes.

Cheers!

C4.

All I mean is that players' experience of rarity is not necessarily the same as the coding of rarity. Take blacks as an example. Until the recent boom CB blacks were so scarce they commanded the same sort of prices as CB Metals. Yet, blacks are common. When I joined the game back in '08, and for a long time afterwards, the AP used to flood with unwanted blacks. Getting a CB was as easy as a quick trip to the cave.

It is at least mostly a function of popularity. Remember, everyone grabbed tons of them when they were released. All the new releases are a bit hard to find. The same mechanism in place that makes the other new releases scarce works to make coppers really scarce since they are uncommon, and since people tended to grab 3 times as many at release.

Eventually things will balance out some and they'll be a little more available. And remember, they are dropping, just not in quantity.

I would have agreed with this, and I think I even said as much way back, except thatall the new releases are not hard to find.

In fact, I have refreshed for a couple of minutes over a black tip here and there, when I am desperately seeking coppers or a blusang.

I can seem to catch all the Seragamma I want, as well as the others. I have gifted quite a few out, in fact, as hatchies as well as eggs.

But these coppers have become entirely unobtainable, and it leaves something of a sour taste behind, full of frustration and feelings of "why bother?".

I joined years ago, and had a good time until CB metals became impossible to catch, and then they wouldn't even breed. I was so frustrated I left for a couple of years.

I don't even know why I tried again, but I think it was curiosity to see the new Christmas dragon last year, and I may have stumbled upon an old email.

I came back, and there were so many changes! Teleport, Influence, it's amazing. So many new dragons...I was so pleased, I even thought I would donate anytime I had a few extra dollars.

Well, I hate to say it, but I may be leaving again. Honestly, this is supposed to be fun. It was, up until May 22!

First, it's never been fun seeing someone with 5 CB silver and gold on their scrolls, but up until the new releases I was at least able to catch a few. Traded 3 (1 silver, 2 gold) for my first shimmer, right before the anniversary release.

Now, I hardly ever see them, as well. I think not being able to find coppers wouldn't be quite as bad if I could at least catch the other metals, and an occasional blusang. I've seen just a few metals, and just 2 blusang since then.

It just feels like with the release, all the more uncommon/rare ones became even more so, and I hate spending hours in the biomes refreshing and refreshing, and never being able to catch or even see them.

Your Copper dragons are outstanding, and beautiful. It's honestly a shame that our inability to find them actually generates negative feelings instead of positive.

Edited by daba555

Adding my voice to the cacophony of folks who have seen/caught silvers, golds and blusangs in the cave, but haven't glimpsed a single copper in the cave since the release day. dry.gif

I haven't seen a copper in the cave since the release either. But I've only seen a single gold in the cave since the birthday releases as well. I hope this situation corrects itself soon. I need a couple more cb coppers for a complete set. dry.gif

Since it occurs to me that I never actually answered the question in the title of the thread before (or, well, I don't remember doing so xd.png):

I haven't seen a CB copper.

Not a single one.

It's okay for me, I can also get lineaged ones, but I agree this looks wonky.

As frustrating as my Copper hunt has been, I have managed to use the time to complete some other goals on my scroll, and will continue to work on others. They will need to balance out at some point, so I'm just putting all my beautiful Copper plans on hold until they are available.

I went through three years of inability to catch CB Blacks, Stripes, Trios, only beginning to catch them on my own in late January of this year. Still can't catch a Blusang to save my life, although I was gifted one. Coppers will come around eventually. There are still plenty of other things to do here.

I still have not even seen a single copper in the cave since the initial release. In that time period I've seen, or even caught, several new Anniversary release dragons of all kinds, except for the Coppers. I've caught two Golden Wyvern eggs, an Ice egg and a Magma egg. I haven't been able to catch a Thunder, but I've seen them and just missed catching them. But nary a Copper in sight. I have two Coppers, but I'm missing a green and that's what I'm looking for. sad.gif

This wouldn't be so bad if we weren't explicitly told these aren't supposed to be rare.

I've seen several Metals (gold & silvers) and Blusangs, but STILL not a single Copper. It's freaky.

After the release I was able to get myself a CB Thunder and few of the other releases but a copper? No.

I saw a one in the desert yesterday, but I missed it. dry.gif

Edited by stitchstinks446

You can add me to that list of seeing no cave born coppers in the biomes. I see more 2nd generation ones in the AP than I do cb. Makes me wonder why TJ would say that when the majority of us don't see any-esp. in the Volcano region. sad.gif

If I didn`t know any better they are like our pennies up here in Canada that are being discontinuedéphased out. If I didn`t know any better I swear the copper dragons are following suit.

Edited by LuvDragons

And it looks like the more that are BRED the fewer that will fall in the Cave.

This may indeed be the case.

I was reading this interesting topic here and while some of the information might be dated, it suggests the following (if I am offbase, someone please let me know; it was three years ago, but it seems to have worked for making CB Vines and CB Blacks appear more often in the biomes): smile.gif

Quoting Wookieinmashoo:

The Ideas for More CB EGGS:

1. Don't breed these dragons. Even a little helps. If there are certain ones you would like to breed, but others you don't, then that's great too. A little less breeding will go a long way.

For more ideas on making a rare less rare, see that thread.

My suggestion is for us to start a thread "Bring Back the Coppers" where we can pledge not to breed our Coppers for 30 days. Similar to this "Bring Back the Blacks" thread. There are slight differences as we are not seeing a lot of Coppers dropping in the AP as they were describing in that thread. Our situation with the Coppers is a little different.

But if we stop breeding them, we may begin to affect how often they drop in the Cave. What do you guys think? smile.gif

Not since the day they were released, in which I luckily caught my three.

I don't hunt the cave much though.

I have seen absolutely NO CB coppers since the initial drop.

And since they are supposed to be uncommon and not rare I think this is strange and extremely frustrating.

Let me quote something for you guys:

This has to be a rare, it's in every biome and NOT mass dropping. Oh joy.

That just makes me even more angry when the "take your time, it's perminate."

Yeah if people don't get it today, they'll be spending years glued to a screen refreshing to find one of these eggs...

I wish people would understand that it's not fun to sit there and refresh a page over and over again in hopes of finding an egg they probably won't get for years.

You can find the original post here . As you can see, conclusions are perfectly valid, although they were posted 7 MINUTES after initial release of coppers.

I wish I had listened to this.

And, answering to the main question: No, I still haven't SEEN a SINGLE CB copper in the drops since the release day. Saying that just for the record, because it's kinda obvious.

ETA: I don't mind new rare dragons. I LOVE rare dragons. I would really enjoy even more rare, metallic breeds. Just... stop calling them "uncommon", pretty please? Because they ARE NOT.

Edited by lorimmel

I have a CB Silver up for trade (second one I've caught since the anniversary release), with a CB copper as the top thing I would like. Trade has been up for over 12 hours now and not one of the offers was a CB Copper. I'm giving the trade a few more hours before I make a decision, but it's kind of telling that you can't even trade for a CB Copper with an actual rare.

These things are so sparse right now that anyone that does catch them prefers to keep them than trade for a non-copper.

I was reading this interesting topic here and while some of the information might be dated, it suggests the following (if I am offbase, someone please let me know; it was three years ago, but it seems to have worked for making CB Vines and CB Blacks appear more often in the biomes): smile.gif

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way any more. Given the way CB metals don't seem to be entering a drought and CB blacks and CB stripes are common again without that the community changed their behaviour, breeding and cave ratios seem separate these days; or at least only loosely coupled. (And there are subtler effects; shortly after the "metal glut" / "why are stripes and blacks so common suddenly?" change, moonstone dragons were dropping significantly more in the desert biome than sunstone eggs, even though moonstones are the ones that are bred more. As far as I can tell, they were catching up to the lack of produced CBs.)

On top of that, no amount of frantic breeding of new releases has ever had this effect; even back when the breeding and cave ratios were tightly coupled, normal breeds were uncommon immediately after the release (i.e. dropped a lot, but snatched up instantly), then comparatively common (not caveblocker; i.e. dropped a decent amount, snatched up at a decent pace) after about two or three weeks and only then started to be affected by breeding.

CB coppers have been extinct ever since they first dropped. There's been no fluctuation whatsoever.

This may indeed be the case.

Quoting Wookieinmashoo:

The Ideas for More CB EGGS:

1. Don't breed these dragons. Even a little helps. If there are certain ones you would like to breed, but others you don't, then that's great too. A little less breeding will go a long way.

For more ideas on making a rare less rare, see that thread.

My suggestion is for us to start a thread "Bring Back the Coppers" where we can pledge not to breed our Coppers for 30 days. Similar to this "Bring Back the Blacks" thread. There are slight differences as we are not seeing a lot of Coppers dropping in the AP as they were describing in that thread. Our situation with the Coppers is a little different.

But if we stop breeding them, we may begin to affect how often they drop in the Cave. What do you guys think? smile.gif

I was thinking along the same lines that everybody who has them should refuse to breed them until they start appearing in the biomes again. I have 3 2nd generation ones and I will be darned if I am going to breed any of mine if that what will solve the problem. smile.gif

I still have not seen a copper anywhere. However the only one I need is a green copper. Even my daughter is having trouble breeding one for me.

I am not a very active checker, but I haven't seen any at all. I'm really glad I got one of each color at the release. I'll stop breeding if it helps get them in the cave.

Guys, coppers have been almost non-existent BEFORE ANYBODY COULD BREED THEM. There were almost no coppers dropping for the first five days after the release, and at that time everybody's coppers were EGGS OR HATCHIES.

I don't think this is going to help.