RainDear

Have you seen a Copper egg in the cave?

As of now I am seeing more bred ones in the AP than I am in the drops. Caught a brown one but it was bred. Anybody know why they are so rare in the drops. I am sure the one whom designed it didn't want them to be THIS rare in the caves. sad.gif

Edited by LuvDragons

I finally saw a second one in the AP yesterday, but still have not seen any in the Cave since their first day. I did miss a Gold in the Volcano while hunting there.

I caught one yesterday in Alpine. It was the first one I saw in the cave since release day, though.

Caught a Cheese and a Paper. Saw three dinos, two Blusangs and a Silver.

And obviously no Coppers. Found tons in the AP, though.

I'm so glad I've completed my full pairs set during the release...

EDIT: just missed another Silver in desert, but no Coppers...

Edited by Masterdragon992

The Copper dragons were released on May 26, 2013. On that day I grabbed three of them.

According to Fiona Bluefire, they are not supposed to be rare. However, since the week after the release, I have been constantly looking for more CB Coppers and I could only grab two (and see but miss another two).

During the same period, I saw plenty of rare dragons (black, blusang, paper, dinos, ...) and I grabbed these:

- CB Gold, Egg Stolen on: Jun 01, 2013

- CB Gold, Egg Stolen on: Jun 05, 2013

- CB Silver, Egg Stolen on: Jun 08, 2013

- CB Gold, Egg Stolen on: Jun 09, 2013

- CB Gold, Egg Stolen on: Jun 14, 2013

I managed to grab 5 rare metallic dragons (4 Gold, 1 Silver) from the entrance of the cave in two weeks. I think that very few people manage to do that.

But I did not even see as many CB Coppers.

For the moment, I can only conclude that CB Copper dragons are (very) rare. Breeding them does not seem to be a problem, but I am mostly interested in CB dragons and it looks like the CB Coppers are more rare than the CB Golds.

And it looks like the more that are BRED the fewer that will fall in the Cave.

glad this isn't only me, i'd been wondering about this for the past couple of days. i've been hunting in caves and trades, and i haven't seen even a single cb copper of any color in either.

it doesn't disturb me too much to not see them in cave. i can deal with that. what really makes me worry is the fact i haven't seen them in trades. you always have those opportunists who catch new releases and ask for super expensive stuff for them (ie golds,silvers, neglecteds, maybe hollies) yet there is none of that. which is what makes me think these eggs just arn't dropping.

I'm afraid that the outcome of the discussion about Silvers and Golds being seen more than Coppers is that TJ tweaked... the Golds and Silvers. This is just a wild guess, not based on facts. Today I spent hours first in the Coast, after in the Volcano. Not a single Gold or Silver. No Coppers either sad.gif

TJ seems to think they are fine the way they are, which means coppers should be worth way more than golds. Now, anyone else think that's insane?

I've seen two silvers and two golds...zero coppers, since the anniversary release. What sparse CB coppers I see in trades are for color swaps only.

If what TJ said is true, then I must I have the worse timing and luck in regards to coppers. sad.gif

I've seen two silvers and two golds...zero coppers, since the anniversary release.   What sparse CB coppers I see in trades are for color swaps only.

If what TJ said is true, then I must I have the worse timing and luck in regards to coppers. sad.gif

Well... they drop. Rarely. There was one in the Desert around 11PM.

Edit:

And if they biomes would start moving, probably we would see more...

Edited by _Sin_

Well... they drop. Rarely. There was one in the Desert around 11PM.

Hands down, coppers are the rarest cb dragons at the moment.

If I were the artist, I'd either be pleased (because yay, i'm the rarest) or displeased(because noone will get em) by that.

Hands down, coppers are the rarest cb dragons at the moment.

If I were the artist, I'd either be pleased (because yay, i'm the rarest) or displeased(because noone will get em) by that.

well, I saw one, finally, about 3 days ago.

yes, they are very, very extremely rare.

however, as to the person who caught all those CB metals - I haven't seen but 1 silver in the last couple of weeks, either, and I want your computer smile.gif

before the new dragons release I was able to occasionally catch something metal, and used them for trade, now I'm just sorry I didn't keep them.

and I'm really, really sorry I didn't catch more coppers and hoard them during the drop, because a this rate I have a better chance of finding a CB Holly than these dragons.

very disappointing.

Add me to the caught a cb metal and have seen no coppers list. So very disappointed since this dragon was not intended to be so rare. I'm guessing the artist must be disappointed as well. sad.gif

Yes I'm severely bummed about this as well since I gifted out about 7 or 8 Coppers when they were released.

Have caught one on the day they were released. Not even seen one since.

It makes me sad, that a dragon with three variations and dimorphism that is so beautiful is so rare. I think making that dragon ultra rare is like the cruellest prank ever.

Isn't it enough that we got gold and shimmers and what not that are rare?

Especially, since we were told, they are permanent - take your time. I did and had I not accidentally clicked on one I would not even have that one.

It just makes me sad and wishing that I never seen them, cause it's not fun this way. We need more common dragons and not more rares. Every dragon that has been released lately is either rare or very uncommon. sad.gif

When a new release comes I am not even excited any more, I think the next time I won't even look, because it only shows me all the pretty dragons I never going to be able to make a pretty lineage with.

We need more common dragons and not more rares. Every dragon that has been released lately is either rare or very uncommon. sad.gif

With the exception of the coppers, which are coded to be uncommon, all the recent releases are coded to be common. It isn't the coding that's causing them to be hard to find.

TJ seems to think they are fine the way they are, which means coppers should be worth way more than golds. Now, anyone else think that's insane?

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. :\

With the exception of the coppers, which are coded to be uncommon, all the recent releases are coded to be common. It isn't the coding that's causing them to be hard to find.

I'm very curious what you mean, Fiona. I assume that - as the spriter - you must be very well informed about how their rarity is coded. But if it's not the coding, what else might it be?

I can say for sure it isn't the popularity. CB golds and CB silvers are extremely popular, and yet they can be spotted in the drops.

If it's not the coding and not the popularity either, I cannot think of any other factor, unless it's something new and unprecedented in the cave. To me, your post sounds like "there is some riddle to be solved about CB coppers". Could you please tell us if that's what you mean?

Do we have to "summon" them in some mysterious way?

Do they have some secret dropping times, when I happen to be asleep or afk?

Since the release day, I grabbed and raised 4 cb metals (that is, golds and silvers). I have seen and missed more. And I still have to SEE a single copper. I know they are out there and it's a hard fact, but their rarity seems to be unprecedented. This is not "very rare", this is "ultra rare" at the moment. How come?

Copper Dragon description:

"Copper Dragons are masters of stealth, slipping silently and swiftly through the forests and jungles where they live. Often hunting in groups, their prey rarely know they are being stalked until the dragon’s at their throat. In the air they are agile and skilled. Copper Dragons prize family groups, spending large amounts of time teaching their young skills. So great is their love of life and family that they will sometimes adopt orphaned dragons of other breeds to raise."

Are these some hints for us?

Edited by lorimmel

All I mean is that players' experience of rarity is not necessarily the same as the coding of rarity. Take blacks as an example. Until the recent boom CB blacks were so scarce they commanded the same sort of prices as CB Metals. Yet, blacks are common. When I joined the game back in '08, and for a long time afterwards, the AP used to flood with unwanted blacks. Getting a CB was as easy as a quick trip to the cave.

It is at least mostly a function of popularity. Remember, everyone grabbed tons of them when they were released. All the new releases are a bit hard to find. The same mechanism in place that makes the other new releases scarce works to make coppers really scarce since they are uncommon, and since people tended to grab 3 times as many at release.

Eventually things will balance out some and they'll be a little more available. And remember, they are dropping, just not in quantity.

All the new releases are a bit hard to find.....

..... And remember, they are dropping, just not in quantity.

The coppers are not dropping as the other relases. And I really don't understand why. I see them all, all new releases but coppers.

I was, like lots of other members too, in different times in different bionoms and I never saw them. Even good rare catchers, who get cb metalls by pushing a 'ok-I'll-get-one- button', don't get them.

I would agree everything if I see them often dropping and can't get them because I am too slow but they just don't seem to be there. I know they are dropping but rare, very rare.

Also I gifted a lot of them because they tend to be 'a bit uncommon' and somehow I feel betrayed, I mean why are they suddenly that rare, I still don't understand.