KimberKitsune

Breeding and/or Mated Chart

Would You Use This?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think that it would be really helpful to have a Breeding and Mating chart/spreadsheet option on Forum User profiles. That way more users on DC would use the Forums and less users would need to link to other sites for this purpose. Making it less likely for corrupt links or virus holding links(not saying there are, just that it could happen). It's also make it so we got more use out of our profiles, and accounts on here.

I know this may be a big thing to ask of the site but with the possibility of bringing in more members we may also get more Mods, Admins, or Coders.

If this has already been suggested I'm sorry and will delete this asap.

In general, this lineage thing to show what you can breed isn't all that necessary. All you need is the lineage link to one offspring - or the parents. We also don't need more coders because it's highly unlikely (in my opinion) that TJ will let anybody else work on his coding.

In general, this lineage thing to show what you can breed isn't all that necessary. All you need is the lineage link to one offspring - or the parents. We also don't need more coders because it's highly unlikely (in my opinion) that TJ will let anybody else work on his coding.

Agreed -- He's been the sole coder for seven years, I doubt that would change anytime soon.

I wasn't thinking of this for those wanting to show off lineages, but more for those who breed to gift eggs to others. As for the coding I didn't know TJ was the only coder.

If you want to gift something to others, you can link to its lineage...

OP, you need to be a lot more specific when you say "breeding/mating chart". Do you mean a list of the pairings? A list of possible pairings? A list of all the offspring? A list of the pairings you can breed?

When I first looked at it, I thought you meant a chart to show your pairings. Also, how would it be laid out? Like a Google Docs spreadsheet? Or simply a built-in spreadsheet on the forum?

Also, if you look in the news section, the only staff TJ hires are mods. wink.gif

OP, you need to be a lot more specific when you say "breeding/mating chart". Do you mean a list of the pairings? A list of possible pairings? A list of all the offspring? A list of the pairings you can breed?

When I first looked at it, I thought you meant a chart to show your pairings. Also, how would it be laid out? Like a Google Docs spreadsheet? Or simply a built-in spreadsheet on the forum?

Also, if you look in the news section, the only staff TJ hires are mods. wink.gif

This, basically. I was rather confused about what exactly the OP was *talking* about. I thought they were asking for a space where we can record our own personal breeding stats, pairs, etc.

If this is a suggestion meant for *other* user's convenience, where we list pairs we are willing to breed-for-trade or breed-for-gift or whatever, well it's very very very easy to keep a short list in your Signature, or even have a link in your signature to an off-site list that you've made (put it on a journal-site, a personal wiki, whatever you want). I see no reason at all to make any *more* effort to promote personal lineages and breeding, we have plenty of simple easy ways already.

I usually am in favor of moving off-site features on-site, but considering that the forums can't even handle multiple searches well(the reason for flood control in searches), I don't think it would handle this.

I know I'd use this. Currently I'm stuck using off-site spreadsheets for my dragons. If it was on-site I could chart more easily who is related to who. It could even turn dragon codes into links for fast checks! smile.gif It would be great!