Nitewing

Valley of Unicorns

I honestly haven't played in forever, although that would still be terrible if I lost all the equines I had collected over the months/years I have played.

Still no word on this coming back :| Kinda annoyed, since this means we missed Spring for ether breeding AND it's gonna make it harder to get together enough silver/gold for this month's gold boutique horses :| Hopefully K will extend how long they're in the shop if this goes on for much longer. Or the site doesn't die.

It's back up now and has been for a couple of days.

Edit: It's been up since the 6th.

Edit 2: Here's what the admin had to say.

Sometime back in January my host (WiredTree) was acquired by a different host (LiquidWeb)

The VoU server was migrated to different physical hardware on 5/4/2017 (that would be Thursday night for us North Americans) and some of VoU's server customizations got lost. Additionally, the server OS itself, plus other software, got upgraded. VOU itself (code, images, database) was fine, but with the server changes and rollbacks, it was all broken.

It seems we've been able to get things fixed and we should be rolling now. However, there still might be lingering issues that need to get hot-fixed over the next few days. Please remember to post on the Bugs forum and don't panic.

This will not affect our Anniversary event in the slightest.

Edited by Mathcat

Yet for the last few days, every time I clicked on it, it still showed the downtime page. Weird.

Please click

HERE

to see my babies that need clicks to grow up! Thank you!

Edited by bigmamared

So I forgot my password and I had it send me a reset email. Yet when I use the password reset thing it tells me my ticket is invalid or something, what do I do? I don't want to start all over cause I have a couple rare event Ponies.

Edit: Nevermind, I must of been typing the new password in wrong. I got it. Lol.

Edit 2: Does anyone know anyone on the site that would do banners/siggies?

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Edited by ElementalMistressLuna

just checking in, but i've been trying since january to register and it keeps telling me to wait until the end of the advent event [jan 15th, apparently]. it's been telling me this for months now.

does anyone a part of this site know what's going on?

i'll still join, if i can.

just checking in, but i've been trying since january to register and it keeps telling me to wait until the end of the advent event [jan 15th, apparently]. it's been telling me this for months now.

does anyone a part of this site know what's going on?

i'll still join, if i can.

Unfortunately, new registration is closed for the foreseeable future. The staff have said they want to wait until whatever the big update they're planning is done and implemented, but we players have absolutely no idea when that will be :/

Unfortunately, new registration is closed for the foreseeable future. The staff have said they want to wait until whatever the big update they're planning is done and implemented, but we players have absolutely no idea when that will be :/

alrighty, sounds good then, i'll just continue to wait.

though someone maaaaaay want to alert the staff that changing the closed message would be a good idea; january 15th has long since passed.

alrighty, sounds good then, i'll just continue to wait.

though someone maaaaaay want to alert the staff that changing the closed message would be a good idea; january 15th has long since passed.

While I agree with you that it should've been took down by now, when you go to the site, delete the .html from the end of the address. That's how I got it to come back up.

On 6/29/2017 at 2:43 AM, CharonDusk said:

I actually meant that it would be good to tell them to take down the 'Advent Event' message and replace it with something more generic like 'Sorry, we're not accepting new registrations at this time' or something similar.
im not an existing member sadly or else that might have worked, but i'll pass it to others on other sites i frequent who may be having trouble getting into their accounts.

To anyone here who still actually uses VoU, have you noticed that the site seems awfully slow after the last event? I bred some Ethercorns last month at the end of the Autumn season after having to dump a bunch of caught eggs from the beginning of the month because they weren't even hatching, but now these ones are doing the same :/ 3 weeks and most aren't even hatched yet. I've added them to Yarolds to see if that helps, but still, the site itself is....well, way too quiet. Though the uncertainty with the update isn't helping, I know of at least 5 people who have left over it, but without registration for new players.....

What's going on with the site? I've never noticed anything wrong with it. And all the eggs caught hatch and grow up in a day or two when I put them on Yarolds.

Good news to anyone still interested in joining this site - once the current update plan is implemented, registration is hopefully going to reopen.

Though, depending on how these updates go, you might be better thinking carefully about joining.

I'm thinking about doing another adoptables site and this piqued my interest, how steep is the learning curve on this? I've already perused the wiki. Anyone have any suggestions/advice?

7 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

I'm thinking about doing another adoptables site and this piqued my interest, how steep is the learning curve on this? I've already perused the wiki. Anyone have any suggestions/advice?

Honestly, not that steep. It's a pretty easy one and there's plenty of folks willing to help if you do get stuck.

You start off with...I think it's 5 slots? And unlike here where you can have hatchlings AND eggs, on VoU a slot is occupied until the animal is fully grown. And if you want any more slots, you can buy up to 100 for 10k silver each. Recent changes mean horses usually grow up within a day or two, and each adult horse can be gardened for 300 silver.

Downside is, the in-game common currency, silver, is...not easy to get any more. It used to be you could make as much as you wanted from clicking horses in the Daycare. But those recent changes have severely limited that - now you can only click until you have collected 7 shards, each of which gives 250 silver. On average, that takes about....300 horses, at least for me, so in a day you can make roughly 3000 - 4000 silver.

Main problem is all the changes going on at the moment. It has left a few things broken and others in need of serious updates, such as several events needing horses to be level 200, which now is only possible with food which, at the moment, is pretty pricey.

The owner, K, has said she's going to modify events and pricing to reflect the changes. But when you also consider she pretty much admitted she's trying to get rid of as much silver as possible from the system....whether she'll actually make any changes is up for debate at the moment.

There's also the premium currency, Gold, but I have rather strong opinions on that, so I'll avoid saying any more than it can be bought in the mint in packs of 5, 10 or 15. It's usually only used for special horses, but is highly desirable amongst players, a piece on average costing 50k in silver. So if you can buy gold on a regular basis, you're pretty much set.

Um, I was trying to join, but I got an error.

The site seems to be completely down right now? Anyone else getting this issue?

Maybe all the bugs and broken things caused it to implode on itself. o.o

But we can HOPE that maybe it's just something to do with K fixing things, so taking the site down to fix things was easier/necessary? Who knows. I won't hold my breath anymore...

Edit: The site is accessible now, but you can't go anywhere or do anything and that image of the yellow error critter is showing up everywhere. O.o

Edited by misohappy

I’d really like to try this site. I hope it comes back online soon!

Account registration was closed for the Advent Calendar and the admin hasn't really been active to turn it back on yet; last we've heard is they've gotten pretty sick over the past month w/no ETA on updates. I'm hoping everything will smooth out soon!