TJ09

2013-05-30 - Minor Mobile Updates

No, I noticed the lag starting with the releases. And it's not just my ping of 251ms which is doing me in.

Maybe not for you, but right around the time of the Mobile Update, pages started "sticking", making me have to click them repeatedly for it to actually go through, and is just slower in general.

I seem to be the only person using a DSI, and I can't wait to use it again. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm going to edit this on the DSI.

cleared my cache, and the links to the jungle and volcano biomes are still not grouping together with the others. on andriod if it matters.

Edited by WestWindReborn

My Android mobile Dragcave is running faster and cleaner without having to click as heavily for responses, but I also cannot directly access the Volcano biome without opening another biome first. Also, images pop up immediately but adult dragon images in the Forum threads for the awesome event frequently would not appear. Most of the text bleed overs onto other text has been eliminated. In addition, I had a notably better egg catch rate from my mobile phone than from my computer during this event. I had never been able to catch any event eggs from my mobile phone previously.

Thank-you very much for upgrading the mobile site as it is my primary access to the Cave and it is much better to use now.

I highly doubt it, sorry.

Oh, no need to apologise. Anyway, that's why we're requesting for that here. If it's a problem that can be solve easily as that, then we wouldn't be here laugh.gif

Though quite frankly, the coding is already a hard work for TJ (and who else is responsible) We appreciate the efforts of course

I am having the same issue on my iPad with it not recognizing when I tap on something. It could be an action, a link, a biome, an egg, a Help page, anything. It doesn't recognize that I have tapped it. Sometimes I have tapped up to 10 times and it just sits there. Other times it will respond. But this is new.

I am having the same issue on my iPad with it not recognizing when I tap on something. It could be an action, a link, a biome, an egg, a Help page, anything. It doesn't recognize that I have tapped it. Sometimes I have tapped up to 10 times and it just sits there. Other times it will respond. But this is new.

smile.gif I think it has something to do with loading. Nothing to worry about. Though yes, it does affect grabbing eggs. sad.gif

Guys, try it now. TJ just changed something.

I'm on an Android device and I'm having the exact same problem. I used to be able to catch almost anything on this phone, but just recently I have missed a lot of stuff because it just doesn't respond when I click a link (and it can be for anything, eggs, hatchlings, BSA, viewing lineages, etc). Sometimes I can tap something a dozen times and nothing, then a few seconds later it responds straight away. Annoying.

Also still having problems with signatures bleeding into posts, some sigs completely obscure the posts below then sad.gif

Guys, try it now. TJ just changed something.

Sorry, more precise, please? But I'll try nevertheless biggrin.gif

Sorry, more precise, please? But I'll try nevertheless biggrin.gif

Don't worry, when TJ said that it's not technoized's fault, that's what I noticed. He chamged the servers temporarily, that's what I picked up on.

^^

Same here. The speed for me in general has gotten slower and I can't catch anything any more. :/ I use and iPhone 4 supported by Verizon if that helps. But sometimes I have to reopen the page or want a minute to breed two dragons.

That's about it.

Edited by Kiite Morau

I'm happy to say this update has made my android phone faster now. Before, I would have to triple-tap links on the cave site to get anywhere. I would even have to tap and hold the link to force it to open. I only used my phone to either fog my dragons or use a BSA on my eggs.

Now, the links respond to the first click, and the pages load faster.

Well, I am not good noticing this change.. smile.gif but I'm happy that it is improving for you all

I'm noticing the links lag 10x more than they used to on my phone... but I'm a few generations behind on iOS. An update's probably all I need.

I use a iphone 5 and a ipad 4th gen and only difference ive seen lately that when i tap on some like account actions or anything in general it doesnt to anything so i have to hold my finger on it and tap open to open pages 80% of the time.

Using an Android device. When I hold on a link in order to select "open in new tab", it opens that link in the original tab anyway AND opens up the new tab. Never had this over-sensitivity before. huh.gif It is kind of annoying when I just quickly want to check a lineage elsewhere etc. The DC site is the only one that acts this way - the forum still lets me hold-and-open without navigating away from the original page.

Idk if this is possible but, able to have the mobile version on my 3ds? (My temporary (seems like permanent) computer DX)

A highly (terrible) piece of advice for 3DS and DSI owners, it was a really bad idea to buy that kit as I don't know how it survives with 128 MB and 16 MB of RAM respectively on a web browser (if it can even browse the web) and I don't know whether there is a UA faker... D:

That being said, there are UA strings for those devices so (technically, I don't know if it's possible) recognition for those devices can be added.