TJ09

2013-05-30 - Minor Mobile Updates

Funny, DC has gotten less responsive on my iPhone. I have to click links multiple times before the browser processes the request, or I stay on the same page. Someone else on the IRC had this problem too, so the issue seems to be widespread.

When hunting in the biomes and clicking on eggs, I see them register no response whatsoever ... and then after tapping multiple times, I finally see that the server has taken notice and has issued the "get" request, only it is now too late, as someone else now has the egg. This just happened to me with a Magma egg in the Volcano.

ETA: This is new (since the upgrade, I mean.) Generally it would register my first click.

Edited by missy_

^same problem. I can't seem to catch even uncommon eggs anymore :I My life as dc hunter is as good as over if this doesn't fix because I only play on mobile. I really hope whatever is causing all links to lag and become mostly unresponsive can be fixed.

The biome flying sideways in firefox seems to have been fixed though, thanls for that!

I use an Android device from time to time, and I too am having issues with getting clicks to register. In my case it's with the AP. I haven't tried biome hunting on it.

Thank you for the update, it seems to be running better.

Any news on the request to reduce lag when using fertiliy over mobile?

This Thread

Shame we missed it for this update. sad.gif

I now have a Verizon LG smart phone and I love it!

I'm having the same problem as other people. The links seem to be less responsive now - I have to click them several times or hold them and click open (using iPhone 4 and 3G). I don't think it was like this before.

However I don't catch eggs with my phone so I don't know whether or not catching speed has improved.

Edited by rukii_bii

Same here on ipad, sometimes it does work right away but very often I have to tap the link again and again before anything happens. Makes it hard to catch, of course I don't know if I'd had caught the bloodscale this hour or last if my tap had actually gone through, but now I had to tap 5x before it started to load I sure knew I did not! sad.gif I did empty cache and cookies, but the only result of that was that I had to re-log on all my websites, lol. No improvement whatsoever on the slow clicks.

Same here on ipad, sometimes it does work right away but very often I have to tap the link again and again before anything happens. Makes it hard to catch, of course I don't know if I'd had caught the bloodscale this hour or last if my tap had actually gone through, but now I had to tap 5x before it started to load I sure knew I did not! sad.gif I did empty cache and cookies, but the only result of that was that I had to re-log on all my websites, lol. No improvement whatsoever on the slow clicks.

Same for me; I use my iPad and it's been really bad about clicking. I will click it and nothing happens until I manually press open. So far I've only noticed this problem in the biomes and the AP, and the eggs....

I'm using DC on a 2nd Gen iTouch and it seems the same. Quite speedy still, thank you smile.gif

Everythings great with the mobile site, but one annoyance still seems to stand out to me. You can access all the biomes from the mobile site directly, except the Volcano. Idk, for me, I had to manually add a bookmark to access it. Is it just me, or have others noticed this to? Still a great mobile site nonetheless! biggrin.gif

user posted image

Same issue here on Sony Xperia Neo V Android. Volcano won't show up

It might be just my phone, but I still have issues with viewing lineages. If they exceed the size of my screen, I cannot scroll to the right to see how long the lineage is (which is a hassle if I'm trying to count what gen something is).

Would love to see that fixed.

I'm recently using mobal a lot more from my iPod touch so it's nice to see some difference. smile.gif

Something seems to have changed. For one, the biomes are placed differently. Most likely alphabetically. The links aren't same as before. Earlier when I clicked on link nothing happened until I clicked few more times. Now the moment i click link it highlights but nothing happens still. Need to click again to respond. So apart from links now getting highlighted, the issue remains.

This is also the case for eggs. When I click on them, their image gets highlighted like links do but nothing happens until I click again so anything worth catching is gone by then.

Guys, try it now. TJ just changed something.

Just to respond to this: nothing has changed for me. The iPad is still not responding to taps at crucial moments. I will click Breed, then click it again 10 times with no response from the server. It is as though the iPad is asleep.

Same with hunting eggs, clicking on any action, or accessing any link.

There is no "improvement" here.

Maybe I should just stop complaining and use my desktop computer. Unfortunately, it is kinda broken.

I use an HTC Evo 4G, Android 2.3.5. I don't notice any new improvements. For me, the mobile version of the site was wonky because I'd have to scroll down every time to access the cave. If I use my phone at all to play, I use the desktop site.

The other problem I have with my phone is actually trying to click on eggs. Any time I click rapidly to try and get an egg, my phone interprets a double-click and zooms in instead. Pain in the neck.

The mobal vertion is a bit laggy, and when i select (or click on comp) a button or somthing, it takes like, 5 trys before it regestures and takes it in.

This morning links would not work (I click and nothing would happen), but now they're working, but sometimes there's still a lag, where I have to click multiple times before it loads. It's way better than it was earlier today though.

Edited by RulenneClarissa

It might be just my phone, but I still have issues with viewing lineages. If they exceed the size of my screen, I cannot scroll to the right to see how long the lineage is (which is a hassle if I'm trying to count what gen something is).

Would love to see that fixed.

Ah I thought it was my phone not liking the lineages.

Same issue here. Even though in some very vary rare occasions it does decide to let me scroll. Quite annoying yes. Have to click on the last ancestor I can see and check it's line to see how far back q line goes, the CBs or count generations

All the links to biomes have stopped working for me again, I must have clicked then about thirty times before one worked. Looks like I will have to go back to using my bookmark to Alpine and navigate the rest from there sad.gif

Still have signature issues as well. Some of the huge ones completely cover the posts below. I have to log out for it to not happen.