TJ09

2013-05-30 - Minor Mobile Updates

Erm, do you mean the forums or the main site? I tried it now (iPad) to sort my dragons using Custom Sort by dragging. It didn't work. I thought you mean by more responsive is that. sad.gif

If this could be made to work on mobile, that would be lovely. It is quite annoying to have to use legacy sort /:

My only complaint on using iOs is when I view my scroll through the /user/ URL it displays 4 pages of dragons, which is great. When I view my scroll through /dragons I have to go through 34 pages. While this is not hindering anything and is not a major problem, I was wondering of there was a way to have the condensed scroll when I am accessing my scroll, not just other people. It would be a timesaver. Thanks.

This update has finally given me the ability to access all biomes from the main page, whereas before I had to use a bookmark to take me to Alpine and go to the rest from there, so thanks for that :0)

This is the first time I've logged into the forum on my phone (Motorola DROID RAZR) and I seem to also be getting the signatures bleeding into the posts below... most weird, but not that much of a problem as I rarely log in.

If this could be made to work on mobile, that would be lovely. It is quite annoying to have to use legacy sort /:

Legacy sorting? The one where you put numbers? Yeah, I agree it is annoying.

Another thing I noticed is I can no longer highlight and copy text.

Has the issue with fertility been fixed? I don't have any purples left to test it from mobile right now.

EDIT:

I'm having trouble with links in the mobile site. I have never had this issue before. 90% of times the action page links aren't responding to click unless I refresh page and pretty much all hyperlinks are requiring I click them at least 2-3 times before they work.

The numbers down scroll to navigate through scroll pages is even worse.

I don't know if anyone else can replicate this but I definitely didn't have anything like this occurring until today.

I m using motorola RAZR DROiD Android 4.04 with broadband wifi

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

I would also be interested in how this changes things for iPad users.

As a request, for the future could you enable the feature for iPad/mobile users to switch the layout to desktop? Thanks! smile.gif

Thank you TJ and crew for making these changes. I also would request the ability to change to desktop as it is a bit easier, and I'm usually on my Android phone. Is it possible to make custom sorting easier for mobile users in the future?

For the last time, if you're on an iPad can people please STOP asking TJ for an option to change from viewing the iPad site to the normal site (What a huge waste of time coding something which already exists!), do one of the following:

- Jailbreak and use a useragent faker

- Nonjailbroken: Use a FREE browser with built in (it's actually BUILT IN. Rinse and repeat for emphasis.) useragent faker. e.g. Mercury

Set the useragent faker to something like Firefox. Finished. Now move on to another topic.

Geez... Have I said this a billion times or what? Dude, some browsers actually have it built in... You press a button. Is tapping a button really that challenging?

Edited by DarkEternity

For the last time, if you're on an iPad can people please STOP asking TJ for an option to change from viewing the iPad site to the normal site (What a huge waste of time coding something which already exists!), do one of the following:

- Nonjailbroken: Use a FREE browser with built in (it's actually BUILT IN. Rinse and repeat for emphasis.) useragent faker. e.g. Mercury

Set the useragent faker to something like Firefox. Finished. Now move on to another topic.

Geez... Have I said this a billion times or what? Dude, some browsers actually have it built in... You press a button. Is tapping a button really that challenging?

Yes I know about that already, but what's the harm in trying ONCE? I'm not speaking for others but this is the first time I've asked personally, as actually changing it would make it much easier for me. (Right now having to use different browsers/turn on settings before using the site)

I'm sure he won't change it, but am I not allowed to ask? Sure it's not THAT challenging, but it would sure make it easier on my behalf. I'm sure others will make use of your guide though, so thanks for that smile.gif

EDIT: I forgot to word.

Edited by Drawin

Yes I know about that already, but what's the harm in trying ONCE? I'm not speaking for others but this is the first time I've asked personally, as actually changing it would make it much easier for me. (Right now having to use different browsers/turn on settings before using the site)

I'm sure he won't change it, but is are I not allowed to ask? Sure it's not THAT challenging, but it would sure make it easier on my behalf. I'm sure others will make use of your guide though, so thanks for that smile.gif

Sorry about that, I just meant it in general because I've seen the suggestion raised so many times that it's is beginning to blend into one massive blur...

*wriggles*

Edited by DarkEternity

Sorry about that, I just meant it in general because I've seen the suggestion raised so many times that it's is beginning to blend into one massive blur...

*wriggles*

Ok, I don't really reply to threads much so it was the first time I saw people requesting it, but I get what you mean. smile.gif

You can simply use chrome and request the desktop version of the site if you're on an IOS device (and chances are it works on Androids too)

The double tapping on the iPad is definitely an issue. It appears to load, but the URL doesn't change and it stops a few seconds after.

Also, aren't we allowed to request the disabling of the mobile interface? I personally find it really annoying on my iPod, it makes hunting pretty difficult (because of scrolling down to see the eggs) and having to install a different browser on y already limited harddrive space just to view it differently is a bit silly.. And yes, tapping a button can be challenging, especially if you have no idea what exactly you're tapping. smile.gif

Sorry for sounding demanding, it's not my wish, but I have no clue what an useragent faker is. And I refuse to jailbreak my device. Oops.

Edited by Puppylikestosti

Erm, does this also works regarding dragging? sad.gif

The double tapping on the iPad is definitely an issue. It appears to load, but the URL doesn't change and it stops a few seconds after.

Also, aren't we allowed to request the disabling of the mobile interface? I personally find it really annoying on my iPod, it makes hunting pretty difficult (because of scrolling down to see the eggs) and having to install a different browser on y already limited harddrive space just to view it differently is a bit silly.. And yes, tapping a button can be challenging, especially if you have no idea what exactly you're tapping. smile.gif

Sorry for sounding demanding, it's not my wish, but I have no clue what an useragent faker is. And I refuse to jailbreak my device. Oops.

I'm a bit disappointed about the hunting/scrolling issue, too, but I thought maybe moving the Dragon Cave header with the menu button down to the bottom of the screen would help.

edit: Having some indicator that we're logged in would be nice, too.

Edited by Sarahswati

On my iPad, things are actually running slower than usual. It's taking longer to load, and sometimes seems stuck when I switch locations. I've tried clearing the cache once. I'm not sure if it's just me..

On my iPad, things are actually running slower than usual. It's taking longer to load, and sometimes seems stuck when I switch locations. I've tried clearing the cache once. I'm not sure if it's just me..

It's not just you /:

It's not just you, I am experiencing the same problems.

Stuff not working as i'd expect it (android 2.2.1):

- clicking links to the biomes will give varying results, sometimes work, sometimes dont.

- fertility will not load the page

- when in landscape mode, the menu will be on the left side, and you have to click the item below the one you wanted to click for it to work, i.e. you click "help" to go to "dragons", or "shop" to go to forum.

login page on landscape is:

Username: [] Password: [] [sign In]

directly next to each other.

Login page on portrait seems garbled now, is:

Username: [] Password:

[] [sign In]

Edited by whitebaron

I use my moms cell when in the car, going to or from her house from when I viset, to see DC. Im sure later today (seeing its the weekend I see her) ill use DC to check in on it, and when I do to post a reply on here on if its ok, or not, with me. smile.gif

Nice to see it being fixed. biggrin.gif Lets DC grow, GROW *comandiing like yelling at a pointless plant*

(MAN... The school keybord is locking up, auto capping and doING RANDOM THings.... im not fixing this, just so you knoW IF I SOUND WEIRD ITS THE KEybord not me...)

Edited by AveryCF

Complaint from an Android user. While lineage view is much better then before, it's still buggy. Now, it'll load lineage images after I enter (shows empty boxes with names/ codes) excit and renter the page. Before, it would take me much more tries and sometimes, it wouldn't work at all so it is an improvement.

Erm, does this also works regarding dragging? sad.gif

I highly doubt it, sorry.