TJ09

2013-05-30 - Minor Mobile Updates

There have been a few changes to the mobile site. The primary (and only really noteworthy) change is that the entire site should be much more responsive now when clicking links (tested on iOS 5 and Android).

Anyone using the mobile site, please let me know if you encounter any issues. Please clear your mobile browser's cache before reporting any problems.

Please only reply if you have something to add regarding the mobile site.

Awesome, I always use DC on my iPad. What else has been changed?

I would also be interested in how this changes things for iPad users.

As a request, for the future could you enable the feature for iPad/mobile users to switch the layout to desktop? Thanks! smile.gif

Edited by Drawin

As long as the mobile layout/tools/ect doesn't replace the main layout I'm happy. smile.gif I hate when sites do that.

I do not notice much of a difference on my Android device. sad.gif More responsive means faster, right? I did notice though that the login screen looks a big strange, the Password and Username fields run onto the same line, if that makes sense? That's just aesthetic though.

I do not notice much of a difference on my Android device. sad.gif More responsive means faster, right? I did notice though that the login screen looks a big strange, the Password and Username fields run onto the same line, if that makes sense? That's just aesthetic though.

Yeah that seems a bit weird, preferred it before to be honest.

Clear your browser's cache. On the default Android browser, it should be accessible via Settings -> Privacy & Security.

I'm using DC on a 2nd Gen iTouch and it seems the same. Quite speedy still, thank you smile.gif

Everythings great with the mobile site, but one annoyance still seems to stand out to me. You can access all the biomes from the mobile site directly, except the Volcano. Idk, for me, I had to manually add a bookmark to access it. Is it just me, or have others noticed this to? Still a great mobile site nonetheless! biggrin.gif

user posted image

I have a problem, whenever I go to the forums from the mobile site, it no longer opens a new tab. It's not a big problem and it doesn't affect me that much, but I'd like to point it out. I use google chrome and there's not a limit for open tabs.

I've been having problems with the cave on my iPad for a couple of days now. Lots of lagging and having to double tap on biome links to get the page to load. Similar problems on scroll pages as well. I tried with it on DSL and AT&T 3G and got the same problems of lag.

Hope it helps!

On my Xoom I'm no longer having signatures bleed down onto the next post,so that's good. I'm not seeing much difference in speed though that could be my ISP.

I'll check my phone in a minute.

I do not know if this is related, but I seem to be experiencing a glitch on my iPad.

I have fogged an egg three times now, and each time I view the egg's page, it is unfogged and I have to refog it.

(I am given the option to "Hide" the egg. I was thinking it could be a cache issue, except it shows the "Hide" option, so it seems fogging isn't sticking for some reason.)

ETA: Just fixed it by clearing all cache, cookies and advanced data from Settings and relogging in.

Edited by missy_

I'm a major Ipod 5 user when it comes to DC. Until now everything seems fine, really grateful that the mobile users can use the site now with more comfort. The speed is still the same and in my case that's great.

Though when it comes to my phone and the biome page I can only click the top biome links, like the Alpine. All the other links below can't be reached.

Edited by Sabryn

Though when it comes to my phone and the biome page I can only click the top biome links, like the Alpine. All the other links below can't be reached.

The alpine and the coast are the only two biome links I can reach from the main page of my phone, has always been like this. It looks like it is because the image map is misaligned on the bottom and is blocking the other links. You can reach the other biomes from a biome luckily.

I have a Droid RAZR M and I use Chrome to access the site.

Clear your browser's cache. On the default Android browser, it should be accessible via Settings -> Privacy & Security.

I usually use the FireFox app, as it oddly uses less data than my default but I tried DC on both FF and the default after cleaning the caches. But maybe it's my phone or my connection because I still do not notice a change. But really, thank you for just giving the mobile site attention.

I too had the biome link problem the other day (couldn't get volcano to open unless I went to another biome). It seems to have been fixed. I am using the Galaxy S3 Android browser.

I have noticed the increase in speed as well.

I'm a user of a iPad 2 and love using, I use it to go on to Dc but I noticed when the site got updated that I have to double tap an egg in the abounded lair to get it which is way slower now and I found that I haven't caught a thing to this.

I'm not sure what's wrong but this never happened till the update.

Thank you though TJ for updating the website for us tablet, phone users!

The alpine and the coast are the only two biome links I can reach from the main page of my phone, has always been like this. It looks like it is because the image map is misaligned on the bottom and is blocking the other links. You can reach the other biomes from a biome luckily.

I have a Droid RAZR M and I use Chrome to access the site.

Once I cleared my cache (and logged back into the four though I didn't tell it to log me out) the image maps were aligned properly.

I'm a user of a iPad 2 and love using, I use it to go on to Dc but I noticed when the site got updated that I have to double tap an egg in the abounded lair to get it which is way slower now and I found that I haven't caught a thing to this.

I'm not sure what's wrong but this never happened till the update.

Thank you though TJ for updating the website for us tablet, phone users!

I'm also on an iPad 2, and I don't have this problem blink.gif

Edit: I tested it out, and it seems that when I click "actions" on my dragons, or when I click page numbers, I have to double-click it for it to take me to the page. I don't have this problem in the AP though.

Edited by Erica8798

Loading the page with all the dragon to use BSA fertility always caused my phone issues. I would have to kill the browser and reload multiple times for it to eventually load them all. I think you fixed it, because I checked, and it loaded faster on 4G

During this past release, I have accidentally clicked the ads multiple times while trying to hide/unhide my eggs and hatchlings. If you could add a little more space between links and the ad, it would be helpful since I can't zoom in to click.

Thank you for fixing the location links on mobile. Thank you immensely for fixing the bleeding forum signatures.

If you can make a way to manually type in numbers to sort our dragons on the mobile site, I'd be very grateful.

Thank you for the birthday release and for thinking of us mobile folks =)

-Nakase

Cool. I sometimes go to DC on my phone (Android), and the site seems to run faster. The text on my scroll also doesn't run off the screen anymore. Oh yeah, my phone/browser has this autofill function that used to take a very long time on the login page and sometimes didn't even work, but that seems to have been fixed between then and this update. Which is awesome.

Is it possible to view the desktop(?) version of DC on a mobile device?

Edited by dirtytabs

I'm also on an iPad 2, and I don't have this problem blink.gif

Edit: I tested it out, and it seems that when I click "actions" on my dragons, or when I click page numbers, I have to double-click it for it to take me to the page. I don't have this problem in the AP though.

That's strange, I have to double click it for the abounded lair but when I look at my eggs or change pages I don't need double clicking but it does take longer then usual.

Everything is fine till I check my eggs or dragons then it goes slow, that's also another problem. I refreshed my pages, logged out and in, same problem, everything else is faster but those.

Awesome! I'm on my iPad right now, and I think I can already tell the difference! Or maybe that's just me xd.png Anyways, thanks!

Erm, do you mean the forums or the main site? I tried it now (iPad) to sort my dragons using Custom Sort by dragging. It didn't work. I thought you mean by more responsive is that. sad.gif

And why I suddenly tried that? Since the last Gingerbread decorating that involves dragging worked fine with iPad.

biggrin.gif If you could clarify this, it would be greatly appreciated.