DragCave Wiki

Dragon Cave Wiki

The neglected article http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Neglected_Dragon gives a link to this site: XXX

I think there is a small mistake, maybe because this site isn't update.

For eggs from the AP, you will have to wait and watch the egg's time go down. When the egg's time goes down, the egg will die 30 minutes after that time when it reaches 0 hours (when an egg hits 0 hours, it actually has 30 minutes left).

As far as I know this is no loger true, because there aren't 30 minutes for eggs caught from AP anymore. Am I right?

I'll try to contact the author of the small guide. smile.gif And thanks for the tip!

And as always ( wink.gif ) Ruby Eyes was faster than me and her answer is perfectly okay.

[EDIT] Contacted the autor of said guide.

Edited by DragCave Wiki

I would like to see "Vines" called "Vine" and not "Dark Green". It brings a bit confusion JMO ^^

I also liked a lot when this page: http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Types where different organized. I would like to see more distinct categories, in this order if possible:

Western, Eastern, Wyvern, Drakes, Amphipteres, Lindwurm;

Sea Serpent;

Two Headed ;

Pigmy;

Common Dragon ALT;

Trios;

Hybrid;

Unbreedables;

Metallics, Prize Dragon;

Holidays (Valentine, Halloween, Christmas);

Non-Dragon;

Spriter's ALT;

Discountinued;

I think that it helps a lot to see which breeds need to be increased.

I know that there is the sub-types topic, but what I meant with my previously post was a way to sort dragons into this page, where dragons like Holiday and Regular need to be separate, even if they are both of Western type wink.gif

I've notice that on the main menu two sections appear twice.

Which egg is Which? and Dragon Types appear both in Browse that in Dragons. I think that it doesn't need that they appear in Browse because these sections contains specific infromations about the dragons and the Browse section is more about the site and the news that the dragons themself.

user posted image

user posted image

Instead of them I would put:

Holiday Events Timeline (every single event, even the April pranks, listed here would be helpfull to find them)

Start Tutorial (the first things that a new player needs to know, a really easy list of what he can or cannot do)

It would became:

user posted image

Edited by Naruhina_94

The reason that "Vines" are listed under "Dark Green Dragons" is because the official description refers to them as "Dark Green Dragons"

user posted image

On the wiki.

user posted image

On the site.

Also, concerning the menu, I can't do much about that because of the skin I use to view the (wiki) site.

I miss having a list where different eggs that have the same description are listed together. http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Which_egg_is_which%3F , being sorted by sub-rarities like that, means that we can't go down the list to easily see which ones have the same descriptions. The list before where they were in the same box really helped. I do really like having them sorted by sub-rarities but maybe having both types of lists would be good?

@ diaveborn: Yep, this big change on the article was totally unplanned ... I wanted to create a poll for both the "Dragon Types" and "Which egg is which" article, since we often receive requests to sort them differently. I will still have a poll added.

Since this user spend quite some time to resort the complete "which egg is which" article, I don't just want to go and undo all his edits. Therefore I wanted to ask, if it would help, when the shared egg descriptions were in bold text with a small notice to which dragon shares the description? smile.gif

NOTE:

Fell free to let us know, about how you would like to have the "Dragon Types" and "Which egg is which?" articles sorted.

Suggestions we received so far:

"Dragon Types" and "Which egg is which?" artcile sort: (no other sub-sorting)

• Alphabetical
  • Body types (Amphipthere, Wyvern, Hybrid etc. ...except for holiday dragons which would get sorted separately)
  • Rarity (don't sort commons and uncommons together, but draw a clear line)
  • Breed sort (as they list when you sort your dragons by breed on your scroll)

If you have other sorting suggestions please post them here or send a PM. Thank you! smile.gif

Regarding the "Which egg is which?" page, rarity shouldn't matter for sorting in my opinion. Someone sees an egg or a description and does not *know* if it's rare or not before looking it up. If they got it from the AP, they may not even know if it's a regular dragon, a holiday dragon or a hybrid.

Does wikia support sortable tables? If so, just let the user decide how they want to sort it by clicking the column header? Either way, I think the default sort for this page should be the description.

E.g. first column would be the egg image (not sortable, or by dragon name), second would be the description, third would be the rarity indicator, fourth the primary source (cave, hybrid, holiday, raffle).

Regarding the "Dragon Types" page, sorting by rarity might be a never-ending task to fix, e.g. originally, green Opals used to be rare and the blue one almost common, now it's the other way round. Maybe the official breed groups would suffice? Like, regular with subgroups breed-only alts, metallics (at least for those we got official word somewhere that they are behaving differently when bred compared to other breeds), hybrids, prizes, holidays, then drakes, pygmies with subgroup holidays (Pumpkin) and unbreedables - I probably forgot stuff. After all, for body types, personalities, food habits and all that advanced dragonology, there is still the "Dragon Sub Types" page, which I personally never visit because that's too much science for me xd.png

@ Ruby Eyes: Does Wiki support Sortable Tables? Woooohooo ... YES! OMG I could kiss you! wub.gif I played with the idea of adding tabbers but was affraid that the site would explode into billions of little rainbow glitter particles. xd.png But THIS is a fantastic idea!

Yeah since DC doeasn't really have a rarity system the whole rarity thing is a never ending story. *sigh* I personally don't like the sorting by rarity, it's a lot of work to keep up with the rarity each dragon currently has because it's changing quite often. Some of the common/uncommon/rares change their rarity to more common or rarer. (Yeah, I know it all depends on how much they're sought after, their population and breeding.) But until Dragon Dave dosn't have an official rarity system I think I will keep up with my stubborn "I don't like this whole I-am-rare-OH-look-now-I-am-common" attitude. tongue.gif

The Dragon Sub-Types article simply lists all dragons by their body structure (Amphipthere, Wyvern, Lindwurm, Leviathan,... etc.), but if the Dragon Types article can be sorted like this with a sortable table I would rename the Dragon Sub-Types article to Body Structure or Body Types, remove the table with the sprites and add more indepth information to every single body type. (for example, a list of which body traits qualify a daragon as an Amphipthere)

I think the sortable table would be the best solution for "Dragon Types" and "Which egg is which?" since it covers not just one sorting option but multiple of them.

NOTE:

Fell free to let us know, about how you would like to have the "Dragon Types" and "Which egg is which?" articles sorted.

• Sortable Table (covers more than just one sorting option)
  • Alphabetical
  • Body types (Amphipthere, Wyvern, Hybrid etc. ...except for holiday dragons which would get sorted separately)
  • Rarity (don't sort commons and uncommons together, but draw a clear line)
  • Breed sort (as they list when you sort your dragons by breed on your scroll)

If you have other sorting suggestions please post them here or send a PM. Thank you! smile.gif

Edited by DragCave Wiki

I'm currently way too tired to read much but I wanted to say thank you for the reply, and it's so awesome to see this being discussed :):) Sortable tables would be amazing I think!

NOTE:

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Sortable Table (covers more than just one sorting option)

Alphabetical

Body types (Amphipthere, Wyvern, Hybrid etc. ...except for holiday dragons which would get sorted separately)

Rarity (don't sort commons and uncommons together, but draw a clear line)

Breed sort (as they list when you sort your dragons by breed on your scroll)

</span>

If you have other sorting suggestions please post them here or send a PM. Thank you!  smile.gif

How about *Color (Rainbow)*?

And maybe by Timeline, when they were released on DC.

Sortable tables would be amazing if everyone is free to decide hw to see the dragon types listed!

Here up again (with little changes) my list:

In each section there is an alphabetical order:

user posted image

Western - Eastern - Sea Serpent;

Albino - Ballon - Black - Black Capped Teimarr - Black Tea - Blacktip - Bleeding Moon - Brimstone - Brute - Canopy - Dark Green - Daydream - Dorsal - Electric - Ember - Gold horned Tangar - Gray - Green - Guardian - Harvest - Horse - Imperial Fleshcrowne - Lumina - Magi - Mint - Moonstone - Neotropical - Nocturne - Olive - Pillow - Pink - Purple - Red - Ridgewing - Royal Blue - Royal Crimson - Seasonal (Spring-Summer-Autumn-Winter) - Speckle Throated - Spitfires - Spotted Greenwing - Stone - Striped - Sunrise / Sunset - Sunstone - Swallowtail - Terrae - Turpentine - Water Walker - Waterhorse - Whiptail - White - Yellow Crowned - It's bad we have neither one common Eastern breed!!! - Deep Sea - Red finned Tidal - Water

Wyvern - Lindwurm - Amphipteres;

Bright Breasted Wyvern - Coastal Waverunner - Fever Wyvern Fever Wyvern - Flamingo Wyvern - Hellfire Wyvern - Nebula - Nhiostrife Wyvern - Seragamma Wyvern - Tri Horn Wyvern - Tsunami Wyvern - Blusang Lindwurm - Skywing - Sunsong Amphiptere

Drakes - Two Headed - Pigmy;

Day Glory Drake / Night Glory Drake - Ochredrake - Duotone - Gilded Bloodscale - Two Headed - Two headed Lindwurm - Crimson Flare Pygmy - Dark Myst Pygmy - Misfit Pygmy - Nilia Pygmy - Seawyrm Pygmy - Pygmy

Common Dragon ALT; (black valentine, black and vine);

Hybrid;

Trios;

Metallics (gold, silver, copper golden wyvern) + Prize Dragon;

Unbreedables;

Non-Dragon;

Discountinued;

Why would holiday dragons be sorted separately from the others if doing it by body type?

Why would holiday dragons be sorted separately from the others if doing it by body type?

Because they're not normal dragons, they have a breed for their type only for few days per year and need to be distinguished. They're the only types that also have an ALT version, so a new player could be confused and ask why other breeds don't have an ALT.

They are not CB anymore, you can only breed them... there are too many differences bewtween them and a normal dragon. They also are seen as particular groups (christmas, valentine, halloween), and keep them aside from the others will help to distinguish them.

Edited by Naruhina_94

I guess to me that makes more sense if there was only one type of table. When I'm thinking of sortable tables, and having people be able to choose *which* criterion they want to use to sort, body type is body type, and breed-with-ability is separate. Like, if I see breed-with-ability as a sort-by thing, and choose not to use it and use something else instead, I'd expect that to not be a factor in the resulting table I saw.

Not sure if this is making any sense :)

I guess to me that makes more sense if there was only one type of table. When I'm thinking of sortable tables, and having people be able to choose *which* criterion they want to use to sort, body type is body type, and breed-with-ability is separate. Like, if I see breed-with-ability as a sort-by thing, and choose not to use it and use something else instead, I'd expect that to not be a factor in the resulting table I saw.

Not sure if this is making any sense smile.gif

It makes sense, I've just thought that sortable tables would work as Alternate Custom Sort on your scroll action. Empty tables where you can move dragons in your personal order... maybe it's too difficult xd.png

Anyway I think that body type is important, but dragon with special ability or special hystory like Trios, Hybryds, Holidays and Metallics need to be separate from the others.

with new faboulus drakes:

In each section there is an alphabetical order:

user posted image

Western - Eastern - Sea Serpent;

Albino - Ballon - Black - Black Capped Teimarr - Black Tea - Blacktip - Bleeding Moon - Brimstone - Brute - Canopy - Dark Green - Daydream - Dorsal - Electric - Ember - Gold horned Tangar - Gray - Green - Guardian - Harvest - Horse - Imperial Fleshcrowne - Lumina - Magi - Mint - Moonstone - Neotropical - Nocturne - Olive - Pillow - Pink - Purple - Red - Ridgewing - Royal Blue - Royal Crimson - Seasonal (Spring-Summer-Autumn-Winter) - Speckle Throated - Spitfires - Spotted Greenwing - Stone - Striped - Sunrise / Sunset - Sunstone - Swallowtail - Terrae - Turpentine - Water Walker - Waterhorse - Whiptail - White - Yellow Crowned - It's bad we have neither one common Eastern breed!!! - Deep Sea - Red finned Tidal - Water

Wyvern - Lindwurm - Amphipteres;

Bright Breasted Wyvern - Coastal Waverunner - Fever Wyvern Fever Wyvern - Flamingo Wyvern - Hellfire Wyvern - Nebula - Nhiostrife Wyvern - Seragamma Wyvern - Tri Horn Wyvern - Tsunami Wyvern - Blusang Lindwurm - Skywing - Sunsong Amphiptere

Drakes - Two Headed - Pigmy;

Glaucus Drakes - Day Glory Drake / Night Glory Drake - Ochredrake - Howler Drake - Duotone - Gilded Bloodscale - Two Headed - Two headed Lindwurm - Crimson Flare Pygmy - Dark Myst Pygmy - Misfit Pygmy - Nilia Pygmy - Seawyrm Pygmy - Pygmy

Common Dragon ALT; (black valentine, black and vine);

Hybrid;

Trios;

Metallics (gold, silver, copper golden wyvern) + Prize Dragon;

Unbreedables;

Non-Dragon;

Discountinued;

Here comes my (Nyastara's) super short reply:

1. Added new aticles for the Glaucus and Howler Drake.
  2. I didn't add them to the "which egg is which" since it's currently sorted by "rarity" and I don't think that 4 days are enough to properly define their rarity. (please contact if you don't agree smile.gif )
  3. Ahh, why doesn't it show me that there are new posts in "Fan Sites" sub-forum?! Baaaaad forum
  4. Lets come to the answering part + explanation why some sorting options can't be done.
@ SilverStreak: Rainbow sorting would require lots of coding, which I'm not really that proficient in and I also don't know if it works on wikia. wink.gif

@ Naruhina_94: What do you mean by "* 2= with a little link to all BSA dragons"? Do you mean a link to the "breed specific actions" aricle or to every single BSA dragon? blink.gif

You know that some dragons would appear in more than one section? Like the Two-headed Lindwurm, which woul get sorted in the "Two Headed" and "Lindwurm" section.

If I get that correctly with my tired brain, you prefer serperate tables which are sortable instead on one single table.

@ Ruby Eyes: I always appreciate your competent answers! (not just in this topic but in others as well) Thank you. smile.gif

That's how it is:

Read these sentences with emphasising the bold words: wink.gif(my great grandmother had this in her wallet and read it while she was shopping)

Do I really need this?

Do I really need this?

Do I really need this?

Do I really need this?

Do I really need this?

Complicated/ not possible/ hard to code/ time consuming

• Rainbow Sort: requires lots of coding plus I'm not sure if it works on Wikia. (Complicated/ not possible/ hard to code/ time consuming)
  • DC Breed Sort: Would require another collum where dragon are listed by their breed sort name (we already have their "normal" names added, therefore could sort them alphabetically ... do we really need DC breed sorting?) (Complicated/ time consuming)
  • Rarity: Since Dragon Cave doesn't have an official rarity system and the user defined rarity system is constantly changing, it would also need to get constantly updated. (that's why we currently only have three rarity categories on the wiki "Common", "Uncommon" and "Rare" even when there are some sub rarities like "extremely common", "very common", "very uncommon", "very rare", "extremely rare". Sorting them by these sub-rarities requires a lot of time since you need to keep up with every single dragons dropping rate which gets determined by how much they get bred and are sought after etc. . I personally can live with the three main rarity categories [common, uncommon and rare], but I hope you understand, that I also have a RL and even when I already spend a lot time working on the wiki, that's where I draw a line.)
    • Sorting by the 3 main rarities: (manageable)
    • Sorting by sub-rarities: (Complicated/ very time consuming)
Easy to do/ manageable/ easy to update
  • Sortable Table: (Easy to do/ manageable/ easy to update) - Sample Sortable Table (not always the correct rarity. I just played a bit around and checked if two sortable tables on one page work.) ... hmm the table looks very crowded .
    • with one single sortable table:

alphabetical: (easy)

rarity: (easy)

features/BSA: (easy)

body types: (complicated) - since some dragons sort with more than one body type (coppers -> metallics & wyvern)

• sorted by body types with sortable tables:

alphabetical: (easy) - but you can't get an alphabetical list of all dragons just of the ones from this specific table.

rarity: (easy) - but you can't get a rarity list of all dragons just of the ones from this specific table.

features/BSA: (easy) - but you can't get a feature/BSA list of all dragons just of the ones from this specific table.

body types: (easy) - since dragons which sort into more than one body type can be added to the according tables.

• Alphabetical: (Easy to do/ easy to update) - no extra sorting options
  • Body Types: (Easy to do/ easy to update) - no extra sorting options
Edited by DragCave Wiki

Anyway I think that body type is important, but dragon with special ability or special hystory like Trios, Hybryds, Holidays and Metallics need to be separate from the others.

I guess I was confused - I thought there would be a different table that would take care of separating out those other ones. I probably am not understanding the sortable thing very well.

[*] I didn't add them to the "which egg is which" since it's currently sorted by "rarity" and I don't think that 4 days are enough to properly define their rarity. (please contact if you don't agree smile.gif )

I don't think four days is enough, but... I feel like having the eggs missing from the list that people go to for help for descriptions while hunting, etc, is bad.

Also I'm still having problems with the current one - the bolded descriptions with the "shares description with..." is really helpful, but to me not as helpful as the way things were, and I'm still having a huge issue with actually being able to keep track of everything when I'm reading the current list.

Could the "which egg is which" page that is up now be instead changed to a title that indicates that it is more a rarity list, and the old "which egg is which" page be reinstated, permanently or at least until these other changes are implemented?

Having a list be available that is as close to purely alphabetically as possible is useful. Right now if I want to see what the description is for a certain egg that I don't know the rarity for, I have to keep checking different parts of the list. Which doesn't sound like a huge deal, but when doing potentially time-sensitive things in the cave, it maybe is.

Edited by diaveborn

Could the "which egg is which" page that is up now be instead changed to a title that indicates that it is more a rarity list, and the old "which egg is which" page be reinstated, permanently or at least until these other changes are implemented?

I'm with this, and all the rest she said. I don't (didn't) use the page much, but when I did, it was only because I forgot what the egg/breed was that went with the text. The rarity didn't matter, because I either didn't care, or already knew it as soon as I was reminded of the breed. Which unfortunately means that the page as it is now is pretty much useless to me. I could see it being handy if I were assessing trade values, but that doesn't eliminate the need for the original page.

Okay, since I received so many requests to undo the rarity sorting of the "Which egg is which" page I re-sorted it. Eggs that share a description are listed they way you're used too. (I received those requests not just in this thread, but by PM and e-mail too)

I personally don't think we really need multiple sites/articles for multiple sorting options for the eggs. (feel free to contact me if you disagree smile.gif ) Therefore rarity sortig got completely removed. The article is now sorted like this:

• Year-round Dragons
  • Holiday Dragons
  • Leetle
  • Discontinued
Edited by DragCave Wiki

I like the current look of the Which egg is Which page biggrin.gif But shouldn't the Gold egg be sorted with the Prize dragons?

(Also, "Holiday dragon wich is obtainable" should say "which")