DragCave Wiki

Dragon Cave Wiki

The Re-Wording does help clarify. Thank you!

Edited by MysticTiger

DC Wiki Staff:

Admin Jäzzi (aka EnemyPeacemaker, DangerousDangerously) changed her account to "Desolateutopia". ( Just in case you may have wondered why we didn't announce that we had a "new" admin. wink.gif )

Updated the links of her profile and talk page in the first post.

I didn't see this til just now - sorry!

I don't get those messages any longer smile.gif

No problem, and I'm glad that you don't experience any more problems with weird downloads on the wiki.

@ALL: Hey there folks, we could use your help. smile.gif We're trying to collect all the fortunes from Mistress Zéna as cards. It would be great, if you could make a screen cap of your fortune and send the link via PM to this account. (You can upload the image here: http://tinypic.com/)

Thank you all in advance! smile.gif

Edited by DragCave Wiki

Don't worry. wink.gif A user removed these for what reason I don't know, but thanks to some very attentive Wiki users those edits were undone and the pages were restored to their previous state.

DC Wiki Staff:

Admin Desolateutopia (aka EnemyPeacemaker, DangerousDangerously, Jäzzi) changed her account to "TooGoodToGoToHell". ( Just in case you may have wondered why we didn't announce that we had a "new" admin. wink.gif )

Updated the links of her profile and talk page in the first post.

I was thinking about Polish DC users, who don't really understand English, and really really want to use Dragon Cave.

I saw that someone started to translate wiki to Polish language.

I think that I could handle translating the articles about dragon types into Polish, they'd be based on english wiki.

But maybe I need a permission to use original articles?

I'm also here to ask if there are any Poles to help? biggrin.gif

http://pl.dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Cave_Wiki <- here's the polish wikia, that someone tried to create.

Edited by Ivyeth

Hey there Ivyeth,

I think it's great that you want to translate the english wiki to Polish! Hmm should I grant you the permission to translate the articles...YES...not to mention that you don't need to ask if you want to translate something from the english wiki for another Dragon Cave wiki. wink.gif

Feel free to contact us if you need help with something.

NOTE:

I added links to the other Dragon Cave Wiki's to the first post.

I have a question concerning how dragon rarities are determined. I'm on one trading group that I believe has different breeds under other rarities than dragon cave wiki groups them to be. So, how are rarities determined?

If this isn't the right place for this, then maybe someone could nudge me in the right direction.

Mostly, by counting. Different people do different counts at different times and in different areas. E.g. the cave plumbers would just count the egg drops in the biomes, the rare traders would *also* test how many (and how valuable) offers they would get on certain eggs. As far as I can tell, the rare trading mods seem to be the most up-to-date with their results.

Okay a small update on which articles were added and which ones were finally completed. wink.gif

Added dragon articles:

Finally finished EVENT articles:Please let us know if you have any ideas of how to improve the Wiki. Edited by DragCave Wiki

I would like to see "Vines" called "Vine" and not "Dark Green". It brings a bit confusion JMO ^^

I also liked a lot when this page: http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Types where different organized. I would like to see more distinct categories, in this order if possible:

Western, Eastern, Wyvern, Drakes, Amphipteres, Lindwurm;

Sea Serpent;

Two Headed ;

Pigmy;

Common Dragon ALT;

Trios;

Hybrid;

Unbreedables;

Metallics, Prize Dragon;

Holidays (Valentine, Halloween, Christmas);

Non-Dragon;

Spriter's ALT;

Discountinued;

I think that it helps a lot to see which breeds need to be increased.

Well, Vines are actually called Dark Green in their own dragon description, and when you sort your scroll by breed, they are also sorted by that name (between Coppers and Daydreams). The only thing that confuses you is the "colloqial" name for them wink.gif

Well, Vines are actually called Dark Green in their own dragon description, and when you sort your scroll by breed, they are also sorted by that name (between Coppers and Daydreams). The only thing that confuses you is the "colloqial" name for them wink.gif

You're right... Maybe I'm too nostalgic xd.png

Would it be too much to ask for a "Christmas Raffle" page or one regarding "Honorable Mentions"? There are a few instances of "HM winners" on various pages, but nothing on the topic itself.

I would like to see "Vines" called "Vine" and not "Dark Green". It brings a bit confusion JMO ^^

I also liked a lot when this page: http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Types where different organized. I would like to see more distinct categories, in this order if possible:

Western, Eastern, Wyvern, Drakes, Amphipteres, Lindwurm;

*SNIP*

I think that it helps a lot to see which breeds need to be increased.

Hey there Naruhina_94,

in the Dragon Sub-Types article the dragons are sorted by their body type (Amphiptere, Leviathan.. Western etc.), except for the Metallic, Hybrid, Trio, Alt...etc. sections but these could be added. smile.gif

About the Vines ... I have to go with Ruby Eyes answer. Even when I totally understand why you're suggesting it.

Would it be too much to ask for a "Christmas Raffle" page or one regarding "Honorable Mentions"? There are a few instances of "HM winners" on various pages, but nothing on the topic itself.

Hy there Ruby Eyes,

I added a Holiday Raffle article. If you or others know some people who received honorable mentions in one of the raffles feel free to create a list in the according raffle section on the before mentioned article. (or contact me and send me the codes of the dragons) smile.gif

Edited by DragCave Wiki

This permanently freezes your hatchling so it stays hatchling forever rather than growing up. Be careful as you cannot go back once you make this choice nor will the option to undo it ever become available as it will be abused by members as a 'pause' type of feature. There is a limit to how often a user can use this action in a certain period of time.

With the recent talks about ways to do unfreezing that would not be abused like this, it might be better to remove the prediction that unfreezing will never be available?

(And no, sorry, I can't do it right now.)

This permanently freezes your hatchling so it stays hatchling forever rather than growing up. Be careful as you cannot go back once you make this choice nor will the option to undo it ever become available as it will be abused by members as a 'pause' type of feature. There is a limit to how often a user can use this action in a certain period of time.

With the recent talks about ways to do unfreezing that would not be abused like this, it might be better to remove the prediction that unfreezing will never be available?

(And no, sorry, I can't do it right now.)

I reworded the section and removed the part about that there never might be an undo funtion, but kept the part that indicates that it can't be reversed. I kept that part, because there had been similar topics about unfreezing in the past which had all been shot down.

TJ said something about the whole unfreezing thing in this topic (does not only concern the holiday dragons)

It's interesting that this discussion is revolving around a lot of different things regarding game mechanics (under the guise of the term "rules"), and when they can and can't change. One of the important distinctions that I think has been overlooked in the comparisons between holiday limits and this suggestion is that one involved removing a game mechanic completely, whereas this suggestion is for making a one-time exception to the established "rules," rather than actually changing. Although such an exception would set a precedent for future exceptions, it doesn't involve any real change to how DC works.

In general, I'm not really in favor of making such exceptions. If there are cases where exceptions are necessary, it probably means that the mechanic is flawed, meaning there are more fundamental problems at hand.

For example, in this case, the argument comes down to: should freezing be permanent? Those who froze their CB holidays years ago certainly did so with the expectation that it would be, but is it reasonable to believe that changes in conditions should give people the chance to revise their decisions?

I happen to believe not--there will almost certainly always be cases where an action is performed that the user later regrets, and while good software usability might dictate that users should be able to undo their changes as much as possible, the concept of making mistakes is a fundamental part of games that, when removed, takes away from the positive reaction of succeeding.

tl;dr: I don't like making exceptions to rules, and I haven't seen anything in this thread to convince me that doing so in this case is worthwhile, nor have I seen anything to indicate that the underlying mechanism of permanent freezing is flawed. Feel free to create a thread to discuss that (yes, I know people have done so in the past, and have been shot down because "freezing is meant to be permanent." That sort of negative reaction to topics in suggestions is whole other discussion).

And so far his comments in the current "Should Freezing Be Permanent?" topic don't seem that promising either...

The neglected article http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Neglected_Dragon gives a link to this site: removed because we cannot talk about neglected of dragon cave into the official forum of dragon cave... It's really sad.

I think there is a small mistake, maybe because this site isn't update.

For eggs from the AP, you will have to wait and watch the egg's time go down. When the egg's time goes down, the egg will die 30 minutes after that time when it reaches 0 hours (when an egg hits 0 hours, it actually has 30 minutes left).

As far as I know this is no loger true, because there aren't 30 minutes for eggs caught from AP anymore. Am I right?

Edited by Naruhina_94

You're right, it's no longer true, but you got the wrong reason.

Some time ago, eggs would change their timer at the half hour, not at the full hour, so eggs that went down to 0 hours would still have 30 minutes to "live" - regardless if from the AP or not. Nowadays, once they get down to 0 hours, they are dead.

Eggs or hatchlings that do go to the AP will gain 1 day (to a maximum of 7 days) upon them being picked up for the very first time - never again. If they are being picked up half an hour after they've been bred, I suppose they'd gain 30 minutes (probably only happens for Holiday dragons, with the AP these days).