Red2111

Copper Dragon Breeding

So, this is my copper.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ExM9h

Any idea whatsoever of a good mate for him? I was thinking another checker board fourth gen copper, such as a female red copper, from a female red copperXmale serragama wyvern. What do you think?

My other choice is a female moonstone from a reverse of his lineage. I really want some other opinions, as I've never once in my life put any thought into a lineage. This is just so pretty, I have to try.

@carstella

thats lovely. I like your idea of the female moonstone checker but as moonstones are from the desert the 2nd gen coppers would be brown because of the mother's biome

suggestions : what about a male or female horse (jungle) or a male greenwing for biome reasons?

Edited by velvet_paw

Anyone notice different colored coppers being easier or harder to breed?

My red coppers breed somewhat easier than the green ones, which almost don't breed at all. Can't say for brown coppers as I only have a female and haven't bred her.

In my experience brown coppers resemble rabbits.

It's not supposed to make any difference what color they are.

My brown copper male just doesn't seem to like anyone I want to pair him with. My male green just doesn't want to breed.

Raven, I have a blue opal like that. I have a limited selection of mates, due to not having many 2-heads. She didn't like any of them and I had to go out and hunt down another cb blue opal to find one she would breed with. Sometimes you get a dragon like that.

Hello guys!

I have a question xd.png regarding copper eggs color if they're bred from a Holiday mommy.

I wonder, if Halloween dragons belong to the biome they were caught in? I assumed (and hoped) they wouldn't, but now that I've bred this egg ->user posted image I'm confused and upset at the same time

I hoped to build Red Copper x Female Lurker checkers (and bred two 2d gen Lurkers this year from Red copper fathers), and now I have a feeling my plans are falling apart xd.png

So, if this rule about the mother biome works for Lurkers, does it mean it also works for Christmas dragons and Valentines? @__@

If so, it's kind of disappointing :/

Thank you!

Edited by Ae0nian

I can't tell a difference in fertility between the colours, but my CB Coppers are less cooperative than my bred ones! xd.png

CB green female: 3 Copper offspring

CB brown female: 1 Copper offspring

CB brown female: 1 Copper offspring

CB brown male: 1 Copper offspring

CB orange female: 1 Copper offspring

CB orange male: 3 Copper offspring

My bred Coppers produced on average 3 Copper offspring despite being younger and breeding less often, many of then without producing any non-Copper eggs in between.

So, this is my copper.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ExM9h

Any idea whatsoever of a good mate for him? I was thinking another checker board fourth gen copper, such as a female red copper, from a female red copperXmale serragama wyvern. What do you think?

My other choice is a female moonstone from a reverse of his lineage. I really want some other opinions, as I've never once in my life put any thought into a lineage. This is just so pretty, I have to try.

How about green Copper x Deep Sea or Water or Water Horse? That would fit the colour scheme and they're all from the coast, so the offspring should be green Coppers no matter if you use males or females.

@Ae0nian: ohmy.gif That doesn't bode well. Now I wish we could already see which biome we took an egg from, that would be useful information for lineages like this! sad.gif

Anyone notice that on the wiki, Coppers are now classed as "Very Rare"? Fiona stated they were uncommon, and earlier on the wiki they were just rare...

The wiki doesn't gauge rarity on the ratios but on players' perception of how hard they are to get. Coppers are indeed uncommons. However, they're still pretty new and very popular. The fact that they come in three colors means people tend to want more of them, whatever their scroll goals. That means they still are in demand. Dragons that are in demand get snatched from the biomes faster than dragons that are less popular. Therefore, even though they are dropping in appropriate numbers they are hard to catch.

As for the Holiday breeding question, I didn't ask TJ, but it appears that the cave tracks which biome you picked up your holiday dragons from, so yes, it will affect what color egg you get from copper father x holiday mother.

That means that Aeonian's plans are possible, she just needs someone to breed her coppers from lurkers that make rainbow copper eggs. I could try mine for you if you like. I don't honestly remember what biome I picked them up in but the most likely are forest or coast. I tend to hunt holidays in those biomes. They're often less crowded.

Has anybody had any luck breeding either the green or brown coppers and getting orange ones? I've been working through my caveborn females from the correct biomes, but the only coppers I've been getting are the same as the father. Since I've only seen one copper in the cave since their release, and it was a green, I'm trying to fill my scroll holes with 2nd gens, but to no avail. Help!

Has anybody had any luck breeding either the green or brown coppers and getting orange ones? I've been working through my caveborn females from the correct biomes, but the only coppers I've been getting are the same as the father. Since I've only seen one copper in the cave since their release, and it was a green, I'm trying to fill my scroll holes with 2nd gens, but to no avail. Help!

works for me... unless i misunderstood...

http://dragcave.net/lineage/hzVGD

note: if your CBs are from before biomes, it would not work. They are then biome-less and would follow the biome of the father.

works for me... unless i misunderstood...

http://dragcave.net/lineage/hzVGD

note: if your CBs are from before biomes, it would not work. They are then biome-less and would follow the biome of the father.

As far as I can tell, they were all biome dragons. I'll try with the ridgewing once they're clear to breed again. Thanks!

Idk if breeding rules for copper have changed, but last I knew, the baby was the color of the mother's biome.

So does someone want to explain this to me? It's a green copper from green dad and red/orange mom. blink.gif

Not that I'm complaining or anything, just curious. ^-^

Idk if breeding rules for copper have changed, but last I knew, the baby was the color of the mother's biome.

So does someone want to explain this to me? It's a green copper from green dad and red/orange mom. blink.gif

Not that I'm complaining or anything, just curious. ^-^

The parents are bred dragons, not caught in any biome. As far as I know, if two non-cb Coppers breed the offspring has a chance of being either color. It's possible that a given pair will always produce the same color, but I don't know if that was confirmed.

That means that Aeonian's plans are possible, she just needs someone to breed her coppers from lurkers that make rainbow copper eggs. I could try mine for you if you like. I don't honestly remember what biome I picked them up in but the most likely are forest or coast. I tend to hunt holidays in those biomes. They're often less crowded.

I usually hunt desert or forest for holidays.

But as far as Halloween are concerned, people will do a lot of trading for additional CBs (beyond the ones they personally caught in the cave) so it's very possible to possess a decent group of CB halloweens where some/several came from different biomes than the one you originally collected from. It would take several breeding trials to figure out what copper colors you'd end up with for each of the cb halloweens.

Aww, so I can't create a male-copper checker, then, with the wrong biome? :c

It depends on what breed the females are. All dragons caught before biomes were added are biome-less, so they will produce the color of the Copper father. Also, I can't recall if any other breeds had this happen, but Turpentines were in the Alpine for a while, before they were switched to the Desert.

But if the breed you want to use for the females only ever dropped in the wrong biome for what you want, then yes, it's impossible. sad.gif

Coppers are tricksy. I've seen a couple drop but I haven't recognized the wording to be fast enough to get them. It tends to go, huh, reddish gleam, that's... hmm... oh! Copper! /click /facepalm

It's hit and miss if my coppers give me an egg. I have only one CB pair (brown) and one CB red (female) (no CB greens which I would love to have). I did breed this egg recently but it took two or three tries to get an egg. Stubborn dragons. >.> It's pretty much the same for my CBs. Must be so popular that the because so many people try to breed them that getting an egg can be tricky.

So two weeks ago I was able to successfully breed my male red copper with my female ember and they produced a red copper egg. Unfortunately I forgot I was egg locked. But twice now they haven't shown interest in each other and it's getting frustrating. Which two biomes produce red coppers? Volcano and what else?

So two weeks ago I was able to successfully breed my male red copper with my female ember and they produced a red copper egg. Unfortunately I forgot I was egg locked. But twice now they haven't shown interest in each other and it's getting frustrating. Which two biomes produce red coppers? Volcano and what else?

Red Coppers come from the Forest and Alpine, actually. The Volcano has brown ones.

(red = forest/alpine, brown = desert/volcano, green = coast/jungle)

But then how did I get a red copper from a female ember? From that logic it should have been a brown copper.

I thought so too, but honestly the Copper breeding rules seem really complicated to me so I don't fully understand them. But I'm pretty sure that those are the biomes they come in, and the wiki agrees. :/

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.