Red2111

Copper Dragon Breeding

noctiluca, copper colors are determined by the mother's biome, so no, you won't get a green copper from that pair ever.

I'll confess now I'm wondering what coloration will occur if bred with a CB female tinsel or shimmer. xd.png

I'll confess now I'm wondering what coloration will occur if bred with a CB female tinsel or shimmer.  xd.png

CB females raised before biomes were added produce the father's color, so I assume Tinsels and Shimmers would behave the same way, since they weren't picked up from any biome. I don't know if anyone's tested that, though.

Also, I picked up a 2nd gen Vine from female Red Copper. If anyone wants it, offer anything here or PM me. Dropped

Edited by smileytechie

CB females raised before biomes were added produce the father's color, so I assume Tinsels and Shimmers would behave the same way, since they weren't picked up from any biome. I don't know if anyone's tested that, though.

I'll be testing it next week! wink.gif (Although if I'm honest, I'm kind of hoping for a not-Copper result! tongue.gif)

Probably that silver was caught in either the coast or the jungle. That would account for it.

finally broke down and bred two of my CBs.

Green Male x Whip Tail = Whiptail

Red Male x Red Female = same colored baby happy.gif

Brown Male x Brown Female = attempt, no egg sad.gif

Edited by Red2111

Hmm... There haven't been that many examples yet, but so far male Copper x female non-CB has always produced the father's color. I'm guessing that non-CB female Coppers with non-Coppers would produce the mother's color. Would two non-CB Coppers of different colors have a chance of either color? Has anyone tried that yet?

What about male CB Copper with female non-CB Copper? Would it take the father's color, since he was caught in a biome and the mother was not?

Edited by smileytechie

The only example I can show you of non-cb dragons that I have is this.

If you're not sure, the hatchling is rainbow copper.

Without reading through all 14 pages, has anyone found out about bred copper x bred copper? I'm hoping I can get two different colors from lurkers and then breed them together for the third color???

I have a brown from m brown x f lurker, and green from m lurker x green

any hope of getting a red from the pair?

ach project looming I can just feel it rolleyes.gif

Edited by dragonpuck

Sorry, dragonpuck. If you breed those two coppers together you'll get either a brown or a green, depending on which is the father.

I hope you don't mind my snooping, but I checked your scroll. Unfortunately, of your CB female Swallowtails, only Portal Thinwing was caught before biomes were added. All the others will only produce Red Coppers.

Bah. Alright, thanks for telling me.

So can someone give me the copper breeding rules? I don't really want to waste any more breeding tries ;_;

Bah. Alright, thanks for telling me.

So can someone give me the copper breeding rules? I don't really want to waste any more breeding tries ;_;

It seems to be that the color the egg will turn is dependant on the mother. (The mother's biome should match the type of copper caught there). The exception to this is ones that were caught before separate biomes were implimented - then i believe it's random?

If it's copper x copper, it seems to be the mother's color (though perhaps its a CHANCE to be the father's color - sort of like it's a chance to be the other breed when you breed two together?)

It seems to be that the color the egg will turn is dependant on the mother. (The mother's biome should match the type of copper caught there). The exception to this is ones that were caught before separate biomes were implimented - then i believe it's random?

If it's copper x copper, it seems to be the mother's color (though perhaps its a CHANCE to be the father's color - sort of like it's a chance to be the other breed when you breed two together?)

When was that exactly the separating of bionoms?

And it would also be interesting if the random egg will always be the same copper color or may also be able to change....

Sorry, dragonpuck. If you breed those two coppers together you'll get either a brown or a green, depending on which is the father.

Based on this statement and the results so far, I'm guessing that Copper color is deterministic, i.e. there is never a random variable involved.

So far I'd say that

• If the mother was caught in a biome, the Copper offspring will be the mother's biome's color
  • If the mother was not caught in a biome and the father is a Copper, the Copper offspring will be the father's color
  • I don't know what happens if the mother was not caught in a biome and the father is not a Copper
Here's a table with some examples taken from this thread. If anyone has examples that fit the blanks or contradict the given results, please point them out! Also let me know if the table doesn't make sense to you, I'm not sure how clear it is...

I have three coppers, all female one in each color. I bred them to christmas males, got all the same color as the mother.

[*]I don't know what happens if the mother was not caught in a biome and the father is not a Copper

ahm, this can't be possible, as they were already bionoms when the coppers were released...(if father was not a Copper then mother was a copper)

@Ruby Eyes

thanks for your research + reply and lol what a coincidence that date wink.gif

ahm, this can't be possible, as they were already bionoms when the coppers were released...(if father was not a Copper then mother was a copper)

The theory and table are for all pairings, including non-CBs. A bred Copper was not caught in a biome. smile.gif I'm assuming that a bred dragon is treated the same way as a pre-biomes CB dragon, based on the results so far of male Copper x female non-CB pairings.

Originally I incorporated CB-or-not in my theory, but it was overly complicated. Making the assumption that CB-or-not only matters as a factor in whether a dragon was caught in a biome simplified my theory, and the table. Of course, this may be incorrect, but it seems like the kind of thing easy to disprove if it's wrong, so I went ahead with it for now.

Edited by smileytechie

I posted them in the second gen, now they have an eggie too, and I quite like it. Just wanted to share it here too. I will try the other colors too as soon as I unlock.

3rd gen stripe x copper user posted image

my green female and one of my brown males out right rejected one another dry.gif