Red2111

Hellhorse Lineage Breeding Plans

I only got one hellhorse from my first breeding as my female dragon horse did not like the male hellfire I paired her with.

I have four CB Hellfires and only 2 Dragon horses so would like to get two more dragonhorses to make it even mates. Then plan on breeding and doing trades and amassing a small army of hell horses, so I can do even gen breeding.

Most likely no fancy names.

I need to catch more CB Daydreams to breed up SoulPeaces. I guess that's my karma for not being a Daydream fan.

Horses and Hellfires I got PLENTY of.

Once i get a pair, I'm going to breed a Female 2G Soulpeace to a male 2G Hellhorse and the opposite.

Then breed a Male 2G Bluna to a female 2G Ultraviolet and then breed 2G Female hellhorse to a 2G Male ultraviolet and so on... creating a lineage hopefully with only Hybrids other then the bases

My goal is just to breed as many of these things as possible, but that should be easy considering I have plenty of base stock (50 CB hellfires and hundreds of CB horses). So... I could probably do some pretty impressive even gen lines. I probably will once I have my base stock of second gens well built up. That way I can ensure all babies will be hellhorses when I breed 'em.

I had the exact same idea as Sir Barton.

Hellhorse x Soulpeace <3

So far I've started lines with male hellhorse x female red nebula and female hellhorse x male silver. I like them, more soone.

I've collected enough stock to get up to 5th gen now; just waiting for them to grow up and breed. ^.^ I'm breeding a bunch of 3rd gens like this, then breeding them together as the base of a checkerboard. If anybody's doing the same thing and wants to swap 3rd gens (or higher), let me know!

All the Soulpeace/Hellhorse checkers are looking very nice, too. The colors blend better than I'd thought they would!

I've got a Thunder Dragon x Hellhorse line planned now. Any other pretty ones turning up out there?

Did anyone realize that hellhorses sort directly between their parents by breed sort? It's cute ^^

aaah the hellhorse babies' faces are cut off in lineage view D:

not again

Do these guys breed hellhorses all the time? Have they thrown regular horses or hellfires?

Did anyone realize that hellhorses sort directly between their parents by breed sort? It's cute ^^

aaah the hellhorse babies' faces are cut off in lineage view D:

not again

Do these guys breed hellhorses all the time? Have they thrown regular horses or hellfires?

Yep, mine have refused to give me hellhorse eggs at all. Only thing I've got are 2 horse eggs, 1 hellfire, a refusal (so I had to look for another mate), and a bunch of no interest/egg.

I got one set of Hellhorse eggs from my available parents on the first day they came out, and after that, everything is coming up Wyverns and regular Horses. Annnnd I sent them to the AP to grab the next new egg. D'oh!

On a curious note, both the Hellhorses I bred that day now show up as "Wild Dragons". No idea what happened there! huh.gif

I got one set of Hellhorse eggs from my available parents on the first day they came out, and after that, everything is coming up Wyverns and regular Horses. Annnnd I sent them to the AP to grab the next new egg. D'oh!

On a curious note, both the Hellhorses I bred that day now show up as "Wild Dragons". No idea what happened there!  huh.gif

I'm guessing they grew up in the AP. Did you make sure they weren't in any fansites when you abandoned them?

When an egg is abandoned for the first time, it gains a day. However, the day is not actually added until it is picked up from the AP. In order for it to show up, it must therefore get down to a day less than the currently visible eggs. When the currently visible eggs have less than 5 days remaining, the first-time-abandoned egg must get to less than 4 days remaining - meaning that if it gets enough views, it can hatch without ever being picked up. Since it's then at 7 days, the hatchie goes to the back of the AP queue again. If the same thing happens as a hatchie, then it grows up and immediately goes to the wild.

Of course, it's also possible that someone caught them and released them after they grew up, but given how new Hellhorses are that seems unlikely.

Huh, I didn't realize the mechanics of the AP worked that way, Smiley. Thanks for the clarification! It makes sense that no one AP grabbed them, given everyone was mostly scrambling for new eggs, and the backlog that would create. I don't recall if I added them to any sites or not...

Huh, I didn't realize the mechanics of the AP worked that way, Smiley. Thanks for the clarification! It makes sense that no one AP grabbed them, given everyone was mostly scrambling for new eggs, and the backlog that would create. I don't recall if I added them to any sites or not...

In the old AP, any hatchling went in first before eggies, so theyd get snatched. It seems it changed when the AP changed up and didnt block the cave anymore.

I'm surprised I didn't see either of the plain checkers mentioned in the thread - the (m)horse x (f)Hellfire/Hellhorse combo is easily my favorite lineage for the Hellhorses: like this

Hopefully my other pair of third gens also play nice!

Edited by Sycamore

I'm building a small collection of CB Horse dragons and Hellfire Wyverns to make a small army of Hellhorses, from which I will derive a PB even-gen line. Hopefully. Pretty standard stuff I think.

dry.gif will you two please produce me a hellhorse so i can breed a 3G already. you lot are the last pair i'm waiting on *taps foot*

http://dragcave.net/progeny/DUS7S

Gawd, I know the feeling. None of the pairs I've been breeding lately have cooperated. I'm only actively pursuing one lineage (the rest were just fun breedings) and I'm like whyyyyyyy. They've stumped me for the past two weeks already. ;_;