Chouette

Gilded Bloodscale Discussion Thread

So so so, how do you like our new Bloodscales? What have you named/are you planning on naming them? Breeding ideas?

I named my four CBs after a song from How to train your dragon by Cressida Cowell o3o

As an avid two-head lover, if they're common enough, I'll probably make a Bloodscale x Split checker. Purely for breed-sake. o3o

A dark-ish theme, not completely gorgeous, but I like it. Something tells me it'll look better with female Split x male Bloodscale for the contrast.

Edited by cfmtfm

I'm really torn. On the one hand, I'm so glad we have a second two-headed for breeding with. I love spiral lineages and will probably play with one of those.

But the gilded bloodscale are so gorgeous... I can think of so many single-headed dragons they'd look good with if only they could breed with them! xd.png

I might do a spiral with all bloodscales down the centre, alternating male and female CB splits for mates.

I named my first male Sheldon (from The Big Bang Theory). They can breed with blue two headed dragons but I want to keep mine PB smile.gif.

I always give my two-headeds two names and I named one Sherlock and Watson. (I use prefixes so I don't have to worry about things being taken, muahaha!)

Purebred is good but I will breed some with the blue splits too. Probably female Split x male Bloodscale. I need to get more CBs, I don't know how rare they're going to be.

Hehe named mine: Male: Double Oh Cee Dee

Female: Oh Cee Dee Galore

cool.gif

First egg from this pair is spoken for, but I have a breeding list for them in my profile if anyone is interested.

Edited by Amberose

I bred two of my three, Double-fisted Dragon Goddess and Geminis Binarus, to Zapata Zupanik and Mahler and Titan as soon as I had eggslots open. So glad we have them!

I have one more male, Doppelrott Tigris, and I'm thinking of pairing him up with my Split female Powaqatsi.

Before the event I finished a Split 3G even themed on a joke-Latin poem and I want to breed up a mate for him. Doppelrott and Powaqatsi's child will be the alternate in case these two that I bred last night don't like each other.

The Bloodscales are extremely, almost overweeningly intellectual. I used to view the Splits that way, but apparently that's not the case. So I guess Splits are the aggro/brawny types and Bloodscales are the Felix Unger types, persnickety and dignified.

Afterthought: I'll give my Bloodscales erudite, kinda stuffy names to reflect their — heh-heh wink.gif – OCD personalities.

Edited by Xocowolf

*snickers*

i've reserved the name "Its CDO not OCD" for a future Bloodscale

I love these dragons. wub.gif Their spriting and then the description really pulled me in! happy.gif

I love them so much I wish they could be paired with other dragons xd.png

I am concentrating on purebred lineages at the moment. smile.gif But that could change once I have collected some Splits xd.png

I plan to make PLENTIFUL ARROWHEADS! And then breed them together ziggy zaggy

Probably PB, but if i have enough time...or people willing to shoot me some female gendered split hatchies for trade (because i have a lot of breed projects going on, i don't usually collect from the caves and raise eggs unless it's a new release) Then i'll probably make arrowheads with Bloodscales on the outside and splits on the inside and switch it around when i zigzag them.... Oh i've been waiting so long for a new split!!!

Names mine Cerberi and Helldogs, as they remind me of Cerberus smile.gif

They're so pretty, it's kind of a shame they only have one other thing to breed with. sad.gif I hope one day we get a big Split release, like when we had the big Pygmy release that one time.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I really like them. If I breed them however, they will be purebred as I am not a fan of the original split.

I really like them. If I breed them however, they will be purebred as I am not a fan of the original split.

While I love the new Split, and I am a fan of the old Splits, I agree with you about keeping them purebred. I don't think the blue shades compliment each other.

On the other hand, if the new Split was the red of the hatchling, I'd have no reservations about breeding them together.

I'd like a female Bloodscale x male Split checkerboard, as I think the females look better with the old Splits than the males do. And of course even gen PBs. biggrin.gif

I have decided not to collect Splits right now (at least, not for breeding to these guys) and to concentrate on PB lineages. The Bloodscales' coloring is so beautiful; red, black and gold, and the male and female sprites complement each other so nicely with their poses. I can picture them both inspecting the cave! xd.png

I wish we had either a black two-headed it could breed with, or ... even better xd.png if it could breed with anything on my scroll. I keep seeing these awesome combos. xd.png Like these would look great with the Black Tea dragons! wub.gif

I named mine Double Digits and Double Crosser.

...They refused each other.

/sharpens blade and glares at them

Wonder if they can zombify? >:D

I named mine Double Digits and Double Crosser.

...They refused each other.

/sharpens blade and glares at them

Wonder if they can zombify? >:D

xd.png

Dang, that is some bad luck there.

Now ... if only the threat of zombifying could undo a refusal. xd.png

I always give my two-headeds two names and I named one Sherlock and Watson. (I use prefixes so I don't have to worry about things being taken, muahaha!)

Are you me? Because I do the exact same things. tongue.gif

One of my Bloodscales is named Feng and Shui (based on their description), and the other is Simmer and Boil (because it has the letters H, O, and T in the code). They're both male, so I guess I'll be trying them with the female split for now. rolleyes.gif

I never collected too many old splits because there was nothing to breed them with but themselves. That decision = so much fail. mad.gif

On the other hand, if the new Split was the red of the hatchling, I'd have no reservations about breeding them together.

The Bloodscale hatchlings are amazing. Maybe in the future we will get a two-headed dragon a similar shade of vibrant red. Dragon requests, anyone? tongue.gif

I'd like a female Bloodscale x male Split checkerboard, as I think the females look better with the old Splits than the males do. And of course even gen PBs. biggrin.gif

I'm actually going to attempt that. My bloodscale is female, I picked up a caveborn split. I'll let you know how it goes.

I've only the one Bloodscale currently, a female. I wanted to name her according to the old saying, "A place for everything, and everything in its place," but that was too long. So I tried the first letters, APFE and EIIP. Hated the second half. Messed with the letters a bit more, added some V's for fun, and came up with Apfve-Evipi.

That'll do. wink.gif

I was lucky and caught a extra female Bloodscale in the AP, however, it was an ER and so it grew up rather quickly.

I actually really like them, I just wish there was more to breed with.

The moment I saw Bloodscales were two-headeds also I knew I had to try them with Splits. They look better together than I thought they would.

I always give my Splits two names, with the exception of one because I had a description idea and wanted the name to fit. Thus the weird name.

I plan on breeding purebred lineages and naming all Bloodscales I keep with Sherlock Holmes (and possibly some Poirot) themed names. The two CBs I have now are named My Methods and However Improbable. Loving these dragons!