Red2111

Black Tea Dragon Discussion Thread

They're prone to albinism in more closed populations.

I was thinking inbreeding would be a closed population.

I thought the same thing. I will also definitely be trying it, and will come back here to give results. smile.gif

I kind of like black tea X albino. I think color palettes compliment each other and their body structures are similar. A test breeding produced this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/M8Mnx. I think I like the way it looks. I might do a checkboard with them.

oh, yuck, I hate inbreeding sad.gif

Would they be so cruel? I'd never have one, if there was one.

I definitely want to do a Black-Tea project of some sort 0: Maybe even-gen or gen-stair-step w/ either Horse or something Gold x] Not sure as of yet.

I have not gotten around to breeding my Black Teas yet. Has anyone found an alt for them?

I am curious to find out if one exists! ninja.gif

I'm really curious too! I'm working towards doing an inbred even-gen lineage to see if that will result in an albino, but I haven't gotten to the inbreeding yet. Part of me thinks if there were an alt, someone would have found it by now, but most of me really hopes there is one! (and that I'm the first to get it, hehe ninja.gif )

From what I can tell, a fair number of people seem to be experimenting with possible checker combos. I am not sure how much purebreeding has been taking place.

I would normally say someone might have found an alt by now, except I can't tell how many have concentrated on PB? We will have to see!

For whoever wants this: [url-----Gone------4c769d43a2a0c60bd2b627005d749417]2G PB Tea eggy![/url]

I just noticed this quote from the Wiki

They're prone to albinism in more closed populations.

so I decided to contribute an egg to someone biggrin.gif

EDIT: Here is another 2G PB Black tea egg. offer up a hatchling, or ER egg please. I will check back when I get up in 7 hours: Make an offer on my eggs/hatchlings!

Edited by xeyla

Oops! Just bred and accidentally auto-abandoned this little egg:

http://dragcave.net/view/1zvXv

It's a PB 3rd-EG with sibling parents. Now we wait and see if perhaps it hatches a different color...

And in the meantime, I will be breeding more siblings to try, in case there is a factor like 1/4 of inbred Black Teas alt albino... Or perhaps it needs to be inbred twice, or thrice, before it alts!

... I can't help but think I'm getting carried away with this in my head. xd.png

Cool, Kelkelen!

I got impatient waiting for a second 2nd-gen sibling to grow up to do something like that, so I bred this in the meantime: http://dragcave.net/lineage/28gKU

I also have this 3rd-gen non-inbred hatchling that seems normal: http://dragcave.net/lineage/7KUtD

Ooooh, I'll be watching curiously. :-)

They really do look nice PB, don't they? I love the contrast of the poses, and the smooth black of the inner wing.

Has anyone had any PB refusals yet? I really need to pair mine up.

My very first grown pair refused each other. I think all the rest of my breedings have been successful.

Anyone else having trouble getting males? I have 6 of them. 2 ungendered and four females. -.-

Anyone else having trouble getting males? I have 6 of them. 2 ungendered and four females. -.-

Ha. I have 4 males and only 1 female.

My very first grown pair refused each other.  I think all the rest of my breedings have been successful.

I paired up all of mine today while holding my breath. I did not get any refusals, though I did get three out of four pair as not interested or not producing an egg.

As for male/female, I used influence on all of mine and it thankfully worked, so I am okay there. smile.gif

As for male/female, I used influence on all of mine and it thankfully worked, so I am okay there. smile.gif

Yeah...well, I have 6-8 pinks and all but two of them is male! xd.png The gender rng really hates me. lolol

Then they're to you what Pebbles are to me.  I adore Pebbles, I identify with pebbles, I pick Pebbles over any other breed.  I'm honored you like them~

Cup of Green Tea, then? xd.png I rather like this pairing - I may make it a project. (That egg auto'ed though, and I had a no interest and two refusals before I bred it!)

Edited by Amazon_warrior

OK, now I know I'm spending too much time in the caves wink.gif

Just woke up from a dream about a white version of this dragon, in which I was the first to breed an albino Black Tea...

The egg was frosty-looking, sort of like if the Albino eggs were shades of white, and glowed just a bit.

The worst part? I woke up before it hatched....

OK, now I know I'm spending too much time in the caves  wink.gif

Just woke up from a dream about a white version of this dragon, in which I was the first to breed an albino Black Tea...

The egg was frosty-looking, sort of like if the Albino eggs were shades of white, and glowed just a bit.

The worst part?  I woke up before it hatched....

xd.png

This is too funny!

I keep wondering if an albino is going to show up ...

I have been too busy to breed them so I have not been much help. xd.png