Delira

I'm being viewbombed

Have you been viewbombed recently?  

1,153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I always think new releases are making the hatcheries more busy.

SO i dont see it as viewbombing sad.gif

So people getting hundreds of views WITHOUT putting their eggs in NO hatchery is caused by hatcheries being very busy because of the new releases?

I've gotten a 10:1 view:UV ratio on an ER CB Gold just then after adding it to a single website and the views jumped to 1.4k within about half an hour. Fairly sure it's just the hatchery traffic being weird but heck I do wonder how long people spend viewing the hatcheries. o_o

I believe there's been a lot of legitimate viewbombings and also a lot of excess fansite traffic. I believe that something does need to be done about viewbombing, be it the whitelisting suggestion or the white heal BSA.

While I have not really been "bombed" yet during this release, I kept four of my eggs completely unlisted in all hatcheries as a test. I've been peeking in on them every half hour all night(didn't sleep well due to neighborhood drama) and, while I at first thought it was just due to curiosity scroll views, I can now confirm that all four of those eggs have been added to a hatchery against my will. I have asked the ONLY friend I have who has permission to list my eggs anywhere(which she only does when I ask her to if I'm unable to access a computer- and she never accesses my actual scroll), and she has not listed my eggs anywhere. I haven't checked which one they're in yet, but I can say that it's a low traffic site as the views are only trickling in(only around 100 views each across several hours)... but the fact remains that four eggs that I did not list in even a single site or place in any place they should be getting views are gaining views at a rate inconsistent with curiosity scroll clicks.

On a heavier scale, this would be the same thing as view-bombing. While what's going on with my eggs isn't particularly dangerous to them, it would be devastating if they were on multiple high-traffic sites at the same time against my will.

Edited by keijaidyyn

I have never been viewbombed, but I wanted to make a kind of test, as keijaidyyn did. I caught two new eggs for my brother, using its scroll, a few hours ago -he's away all-day-long and I don't want to be egglocked, hope it doesn't count as "double scroll", it's the first time I use his account to catch eggs for him-. I hid one and left the other unfogged, WITHOUT ADDING IT ANYWHERE.

I've Checked the eggs right now (5 hours or so since I've caught them).

Guess what? I had to fog the other egg because it has already gained 500 views or so. My brother has also a Teimarr hatchie on its scroll, but nothing has happened to him, nor to his TwoHeaded (the old one) egg. And I have all the new releases too, nothing happened to them as well!

There's something strange goin' on, here D:

Is there really someone who adds other people's dragons to hatcheries by inserting random codes?? Why is this happening just to certain eggs and to certain people? I really don't know what to think about it...

Interesting note. Since my eggs were in no danger, I decided to leave them alone to go ahead and gather a few more views before I tried to track down where they were listed... and they stopped gaining views. Completely. They haven't changed at all since shortly before my last post. I have no clue what's going on here. laugh.gif

Well, the people that often comment are probably more likely to get viewbombed, simply because more people know their scroll names. Your brother's other dragons probably didn't get sick because they weren't added in their vulnerable faze - once a dragon hatches, they are more or less safe from getting sick. Did you notice the bump in views? Chances are that they were added at the same time as coopers, but they were simply too old to get in danger.

Very true. Or they are better known. Or if they post controversial opinions and are not exactly the nicest person ever on a bad day (last part of this comment is specifically directed at myself and is not intended to offend anyone else. But yeah, it's part of the reason why I find scroll hiding to be a good idea :c)

Maybe sickness should slow down the growth of eggs/hatchlings rather than kill them or remove the sickness forever or implement the white listing (one of two, API authorisation or Pinkgothic's) or implement the healing white BSA suggestion. I believe that these would either discourage viewbombing, reduce the casulaties or stop it altogether.

Edited by DarkEternity

I lost two self bred gold eggs last week to this.

now my shimmer egg has been fogged due to it

and my three pink new releases are being constantly fogged and unfogged too...

sad.gif

Those two gold eggs were killed, not viewbombed.

If you didn't kill them, someone has been into your scroll. Change your password.

Despite the fact that I don't agree with forcing users to have to "hide in the bunker" instead of just dealing with the idiots who can't keep to themselves, I do agree that anyone who has posted anything here should probably fog overnight at least. I personally will be fogging anything even remotely vulnerable tonight. wink.gif

Once I started posting, I fogged things for the night. Didn't right away fog my eggs/hatchies that had less than a day, but now I started fogging all of them. dry.gif I've had a really hard time catching the Birthday eggs and I couldn't stand to lose one.

Strange, very very strange. Be careful! I have my eggs fogged, but my hatchies are all in a hatchery so jokes in the bomber, they cant do anything to meeeee. More the less, i'll just use bombing from them to help my eggs so jokes on them again i guess. Stay safe people!

i'm actually tyying the test thing to see if i get bombed.

*stealth walks into the distance and hides in a bush*

Yeah this thread must be golden for any interested viewbombers.

Really all we're doing is making it easier for us all to be trolled by them. Because tht's the thing, DC doesn't have to deal with trolls very much. This might actually be the start of a new era on DC where the rest of the internet finally catches up.

I think we do the trolls to much or too little credit by assuming they're jealous of us or targetting for specific reasons. I'm guessing that, at least the bulk of it, is just to watch the ensuing chaos - some ofwhich is happening right here.

Yeah this thread must be golden for any interested viewbombers.

Really all we're doing is making it easier for us all to be trolled by them. Because tht's the thing, DC doesn't have to deal with trolls very much. This might actually be the start of a new era on DC where the rest of the internet finally catches up.

I think we do the trolls to much or too little credit by assuming they're jealous of us or targetting for specific reasons. I'm guessing that, at least the bulk of it, is just to watch the ensuing chaos - some ofwhich is happening right here.

No, this is not a "feed the troll" thread.

The point of this thread is to report and call attention over the fact that some people are viewbombing some scrolls because of weak points of the whole system. People were being viewbombed or had been before this thread, and what people are trying to do here is to find a solution to it, other than hiding scrolls and eggs.

I even think it's a good thing, because this could help develop and improve the site and fansites as well. I don't see chaos or people whinning, no troll fodder here, but constructive input.

Edited by Lathluin

No, this is not a "feed the troll" thread.

The point of this thread is to report and call attention over the fact that some people are viewbombing some scrolls because of weak points of the whole system. People were being viewbombed or had been before this thread, and what people are trying to do here is to find a solution to it, other than hiding scrolls and eggs.

I even think it's a good thing, because this could help develop and improve the site and fansites as well. I don't see chaos or people whinning, no troll fodder here, but constructive input.

Dude i'm just musing, i posted about having the exact same problem a few pages back. Of course the thread should exist, I just think people don't need to put too much thought into the whys of who is getting targetted.

This is just the rest of the tools on the internet coming to DC and I think we should all batten down some hatches because I don't doubt that we'll see steadily more of this in months to come.

Dude i'm just musing, i posted about having the exact same problem a few pages back. Of course the thread should exist, I just think people don't need to put too much thought into the whys of who is getting targetted.

This is just the rest of the tools on the internet coming to DC and I think we should all batten down some hatches because I don't doubt that we'll see steadily more of this in months to come.

I still don't think people are overthinking it but adding useful information that could help others prevent situations like this, didn't say you were saying the thread shouldn't exist, sorry if you understood that, I was just making a point about what you said.

If this thread does nothing else, it makes those that read it aware of the problem and gives them steps they can take to safeguard themselves. Unfortunately, this type of activity is something that is very hard to punish, so prevention is the key.

I still don't think people are overthinking it but adding useful information that could help others prevent situations like this, didn't say you were saying the thread shouldn't exist, sorry if you understood that, I was just making a point about what you said.

Your post did have a slight air of "telling off" to me but it's always hard to tell.

I'm just throwing in my theory that people aren't really doing it for any purpose other than to watch it happen. I mean, I suppose I could've made a few people angry enough to target me in the past, but at this point it'd have to be a 2 year grudge causing someone to viewbomb me. So it's just interesting.

to Raindear - i'm happy to see so many responses on the poll. i was afraid this thread would only be seen by people who go looking for it but I'd say given the number of "nos" the thread is definitely warning people of the possiblity.

And probably alerting other interested viewbombers that a thing is starting and they should hop on the bandwagon tongue.gif But hey, you take the good with the bad.

I've just watched this same thing happen to other websites that were virtually unmarred by the asses that reside in the rest of the web, it's happening right now on Goodreads.

This really upsets me due to the fact that I love to gift and help people with their scrolls, and now I have had people come at me (not on DC, but people I had on other social sites that play DC) with the jealous fact that recently I have been really decent at catching and so I get viewbombed and all this stupid stuff too. I hate the fact that I have been accused of multi scrolling and I have had to repeatedly fog and unfog eggs and I collect shinies all the time.

It makes me feel like I can't enjoy the game due to me collecting rares that everyone else wants, especially since I got in the mode of collecting shimmers. I have a lot of them, about 15 gold metals, 15 silver metals and 21 shimmers total and still collecting more, I mean if people would ask I am not such a bad person and I am really flexible and make my best effort to please people with what I have. I am not a bad person or trying to be just I think people being so freaking rude is irritating, I honestly think there should be a similar privacy setting here like there is on facebook. TO where if you want to, you can make it to where only people you know can view your scroll and have a friends list and all that Jazz.

I sincerely apologize for ranting

but people who are my friends and new people getting a bad taste for DC leaves a bad taste in my mouth cause I have been playing this game for a very long time its seen me through some really tough times and its really awesome.

Edited by beautifuldragon5000

Perhaps this is a harsh example, but let's just go with it anyway. Let's say you own a dog.

ROFL yes, because a dog is very much the same as a pixel game xd.png If only there was a way to fog the dog... nvm. You made my day anyway!

I still think, if your eggs died after being viewbombed (and I am saying viewbombed, i'm not talking about high traffic or newbs putting it in too soon), you just didn't take enough care of them. If you have a rare egg, or an egg you really can't afford to loose, just fog it! Or keep a close eye on it and fog it when it gets too many views! As simple as that.

Scenario 1:

I catch a CB rare.

Action:

Fog it untill it's 4d, and hatch. Fog again untill reaching 4d.

Result:

I can not brag about it. Oh wait, if I want to brag, I unfog and show it... And it lives.

Scenario 2:

I receive a rare egg.

Action:

Result:

I can not brag about it. Oh wait, if I want to brag, I unfog and show it... And it lives.

Scenario 3:

I catch a rare egg and I want to trade it.

Action:

Fog it. If people ask for proof, unfog and fog again. And it lives.

Seeing the common actions?

If you tend to get so upset when something dies, fog it untill it reaches 4d!!! If you are not new, you do know these things. And after loosing something, you will never forget again!

Edited by snoesiepoes

ROFL yes, because a dog is very much the same as a pixel game xd.png If only there was a way to fog the dog... nvm. You made my day anyway!

I still think, if your eggs died after being viewbombed (and I am saying viewbombed, i'm not talking about high traffic or newbs putting it in too soon), you just didn't take enough care of them. If you have a rare egg, or an egg you really can't afford to loose, just fog it! Or keep a close eye on it and fog it when it gets too many views! As simple as that.

Scenario 1:

I catch a CB rare.

Action:

Result:

Scenario 2:

I receive a rare egg.

Action:

Result:

Scenario 3:

Action:

If you tend to get so upset when something dies, fog it untill it reaches 4d!!! If you are not new, you do know these things. And after loosing something, you will never forget again!

I don't disagree with what you are saying but if you are someone like me, who is forgetful. its not always easy to remember to watch your scroll so closely

I don't disagree with what you are saying but if you are someone like me, who is forgetful. its not always easy to remember to watch your scroll so closely

Very true. But i'll remember if I catch a cb rare or anything like that, pretty sure you will too xd.png And the new release stuff, can be replaced, so that's easy to forget.

If you tend to get so upset when something dies, fog it until it reaches 4d!!! If you are not new, you do know these things. And after loosing something, you will never forget again!

This comes across as blaming the victims of viewbombing. There's been enough posts about why this is completely wrong, so I won't restate them.

Scenario 1:

I catch a CB rare.

Action:

Result:

Scenario 2:

I receive a rare egg.

Action:

Result:

Scenario 3:

Action:

Well, here's the thing; I can't keep that close an eye on my dragons. I have other things to do, life goes on and all that bluh. So... how am I supposed to keep my eggs fogged for days, if I can't guarantee I'll have the chance to unfog them before it's too late?

This comes across as blaming the victims of viewbombing. There's been enough posts about why this is completely wrong, so I won't restate them.

And I'm not saying it's correct, the viewbombing. I'm just saying that you can easily prevent it.

Well, here's the thing; I can't keep that close an eye on my dragons. I have other things to do, life goes on and all that bluh. So... how am I supposed to keep my eggs fogged for days, if I can't guarantee I'll have the chance to unfog them before it's too late?

You have close to 7d to unfog your eggs... The lower the egg gets, the easier it hatches. So even if you fog it for 7 days, you still get to save it.

And i'm not trying to be rude or anything, it's all just ... not fun that it happens to people, but you can protect yourself from it.

Edited by snoesiepoes