Delira

I'm being viewbombed

Have you been viewbombed recently?  

1,038 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

it looks like someone is viewbombing people. someone on the trading page said that they're being viewbombed. when I looked at their scroll, one of their hatchlings had over 9,000 views (ouch)

to protect this user, i will not speak their name. if you were affected, feel free to vent to me. i'm always open to private messages ❤️

(btw i wasn't affected by this, thankfully.)

Edited by Lunaflare

Posted (edited)

I've also been viewbombed recently. That doesn't happen to me often, but lately someone's been adding my low time dragons to ERs despite my hidden scroll, persistently and repetitively at that, sometimes ER'ing them again right after I remove them .

Not the end of the world but yeah :P 

I wish teleport "fog"/view gain protection were a thing.

Edited by Tears in Rain

4 minutes ago, Lunaflare said:

it looks like someone is viewbombing people. someone on the trading page said that they're being viewbombed. when I looked at their scroll, one of their hatchlings had over 9,000 views (ouch)

to protect this user, i will not speak their name. if you were affected, feel free to vent to me. i'm always open to private messages ❤️

(btw i wasn't affected by this, thankfully.)

They said the same thing yesterday, for what it's worth.

Presumably they were victim to the same phenomenon we've seen a few times these past weeks, where people who have posted up trades get viewbombed for the critters they're trading. Stuff like this is why sickness ought to be reworked, but it's been said often enough at this point. If it won't actually be reworked despite the year-long clamouring for it (and claims from TJ that viewbombing is actually easy to detect), clearly randomly losing eggs is supposed to be part of the game experience. ‾\_(ツ)_/‾ I've accommodated for that quite a while ago - but it really sucks, especially for people who're more invested in the pixels than me. I'd really like that griefing vector to get closed, for everyone's sake.

Posted (edited)

I think I was possibly viewbombed once, but it doesn't happen to me as frequently as it seems to to some other players.

Edited by osmarks
be → me (typo fix)

I just managed to catch a view bombing attempt early. My new eggs that I hadn't added anywhere have over 2k views and are sick, and every click site I've checked has my scroll added. I think someone got a bit salty that I massbred my blacktips. (I have a good reason, blacktipXprize checkers are hard XD )

I am slightly proud, someone seems to be finally doing this "viewbombing" thing correctly. Not only that the person puts all eggs and hatchlings into hatcheries and leave them be, but they also made sure every growing thing on my scroll gains views at a fast rate (I think 1 view every 2 seconds, idk if they're doing it manually or automatically). And they did it at a time when I'm busy or less active too! Congratulations, whoever did it! So close, but unfortunately the UVs are not high enough and I happen to check my dragons in time to hide those that has high Unique Views, so I still have never lost yet 😛

But my point is, everyone may want to stay alert as usual. Even though hatchlings are strong, there is a small chance they may still die due to sickness. Make sure to have a low UV count on eggs and hatchlings and check them regularly if you don't plan on hiding them. Hiding your scroll name on your dragons is an extra layer of security, if needed. That's my report for now :3

I'm currently being viewbombed for making a three-hour wall xD

the only eggs I have are ERs and nearly ERs so it's pretty helpful, thanks!

Edited by Shadowdrake

Been a long time since I last posted here. Had a 2nd gen Prize I was trying to trade get bombed a few weeks back. Happened right after I declined an offer, so guessing they didn't like that, heehee.

Anyway, we're close to Halloween and bombers tend to be more active during holidays, so everyone remember to fog eggs as soon as you get them. Hopefully someone can also get this message on the first page of the event page, too.