Delira

I'm being viewbombed

Have you been viewbombed recently?  

1,153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

it looks like someone is viewbombing people. someone on the trading page said that they're being viewbombed. when I looked at their scroll, one of their hatchlings had over 9,000 views (ouch)

to protect this user, i will not speak their name. if you were affected, feel free to vent to me. i'm always open to private messages ❤️

(btw i wasn't affected by this, thankfully.)

Edited by Lunaflare

I've also been viewbombed recently. That doesn't happen to me often, but lately someone's been adding my low time dragons to ERs despite my hidden scroll, persistently and repetitively at that, sometimes ER'ing them again right after I remove them .

Not the end of the world but yeah :P 

I wish teleport "fog"/view gain protection were a thing.

Edited by Tears in Rain

4 minutes ago, Lunaflare said:

it looks like someone is viewbombing people. someone on the trading page said that they're being viewbombed. when I looked at their scroll, one of their hatchlings had over 9,000 views (ouch)

to protect this user, i will not speak their name. if you were affected, feel free to vent to me. i'm always open to private messages ❤️

(btw i wasn't affected by this, thankfully.)

They said the same thing yesterday, for what it's worth.

Presumably they were victim to the same phenomenon we've seen a few times these past weeks, where people who have posted up trades get viewbombed for the critters they're trading. Stuff like this is why sickness ought to be reworked, but it's been said often enough at this point. If it won't actually be reworked despite the year-long clamouring for it (and claims from TJ that viewbombing is actually easy to detect), clearly randomly losing eggs is supposed to be part of the game experience. ‾\_(ツ)_/‾ I've accommodated for that quite a while ago - but it really sucks, especially for people who're more invested in the pixels than me. I'd really like that griefing vector to get closed, for everyone's sake.

I think I was possibly viewbombed once, but it doesn't happen to me as frequently as it seems to to some other players.

Edited by osmarks
be → me (typo fix)

I just managed to catch a view bombing attempt early. My new eggs that I hadn't added anywhere have over 2k views and are sick, and every click site I've checked has my scroll added. I think someone got a bit salty that I massbred my blacktips. (I have a good reason, blacktipXprize checkers are hard XD )

I am slightly proud, someone seems to be finally doing this "viewbombing" thing correctly. Not only that the person puts all eggs and hatchlings into hatcheries and leave them be, but they also made sure every growing thing on my scroll gains views at a fast rate (I think 1 view every 2 seconds, idk if they're doing it manually or automatically). And they did it at a time when I'm busy or less active too! Congratulations, whoever did it! So close, but unfortunately the UVs are not high enough and I happen to check my dragons in time to hide those that has high Unique Views, so I still have never lost yet 😛

But my point is, everyone may want to stay alert as usual. Even though hatchlings are strong, there is a small chance they may still die due to sickness. Make sure to have a low UV count on eggs and hatchlings and check them regularly if you don't plan on hiding them. Hiding your scroll name on your dragons is an extra layer of security, if needed. That's my report for now :3

I'm currently being viewbombed for making a three-hour wall xD

the only eggs I have are ERs and nearly ERs so it's pretty helpful, thanks!

Edited by Shadowdrake

Been a long time since I last posted here. Had a 2nd gen Prize I was trying to trade get bombed a few weeks back. Happened right after I declined an offer, so guessing they didn't like that, heehee.

Anyway, we're close to Halloween and bombers tend to be more active during holidays, so everyone remember to fog eggs as soon as you get them. Hopefully someone can also get this message on the first page of the event page, too.

Bumping this because I'm being viewbombed for the first time. 😕 I'm finding my things in hatcheries I never even use. I've got everything vulnerable fogged now, but a gift got sick while in a trade earlier (it's okay now, got it to the person it was meant for and it's been fogged again).

No idea what I did to make someone target me. 🤷‍♀️

Yep, spent time this afternoon hiding everything, taking eggs/hatchies out of hatcheries I DON'T USE, etc...  Scroll is hidden again. It seems to happen every few months.

guess who just snagged a storm hatchie from the AP with over 13k views? looks like viewbombers are happening yet again. be safe!

edit: one of my other recent dragons, which was either an AP snatch or trade, has over 9k views. viewbombing, perhaps? also, the storm dragon survived.

Edited by Lunaflare

I generally hide my eggs overnight so that 

1. anything sick can recover.

2. I can't lose anything in those hours. 

Welp. I declined a trade because the person who offered was egglocked. Next thing I know, all of my eggs are added to AoND. 

Thankfully I caught it in time. I also fogged all eggs under 6 days (Including a newly bred 2G prize) 

Jerk.

EDIT: I wasn't just on AoND: I was EVERYWHERE! Everything is hidden thanks to my "helper". To whoever keeps viewbombing me:

Aww, did I strike a nerve with my rare dragons?

Edited by Lunaflare

I look back and the 3rd to 6th dragon that I’ve caught in my DC life probably was a victim in the viewbomb, but I do not recall fogging them at all. I have my scroll open for aid because I know I will forget to add them to hatcheries. And when theyre ER they get added to 4 hatcheries XD but they still won’t get 10k views, well I guess it really depends on the time then.

Just had two eggs die from over viewing in less than a day, these wheren't even fragile breeds! It was a Stratos and a Venturis. They died this afternoon while fogged. I have no idea why anyone would want those eggs dead, they're not very special, just two checkers that i'm gonna have to breed again. My other eggs also quickly gained views without me doing anything but I caught it early.

got viewbombed for the first time today... never in my almost 8 years of playing has this happened to me before, but i was almost egglocked, had one spot open and was looking for a tercorn or a water walker for a project i'm working on and snagged a dino from the jungle and logged out immediately. maybe someone was mad i was so fast about it, because i checked my scroll and 3 (soon to be 5, little to my knowledge!) of my eggs were sick!! what is wrong with people?? i thought maybe i had accidentally auto-added my entire scroll in AoND becaues thats the main site i use, but i check some other places and see all of them have been added there as well.... so it was definitely malicious. ive never had this happen! im just awestruck... :wacko: what the hell did i do to deserve it? mad over the dino?? i hadnt declined any trades to make anyone mad... in fact, ive done nothing but accept trades today ^^; 

hid my scroll, i caught it in time, but the egg i'd just caught not even an hour ago had absurdly high views for its age.. eugh.

UPDATE: unhid because i thought i was safe... nope. they did it again today. why? one of my hatchies has 10k views, another 11k. found em added all over.

Edited by InvaderAlexis

InvaderAlexis, I had the same happen to me - the last thing I caught was a Dino.

I went to bed, never put anything into any fansites, and when I got up  all my eggs were dead and hatchlings sick :(  That was Wed. night, as well.  I had planned to give away the Dino on the Community page, when it cooled off.  And I lost an Umbra, which makes me furious.

I have learned something, and I am leaving all everything fogged, and keeping my scroll hidden from now on.  In 12 years, even when I've caught CB golds/silvers, I have never had this happen.  Someone was on a roll on Wed.  

48 minutes ago, daba555 said:

Someone was on a roll on Wed.  

a very petty roll  -_-😑 i like to keep my name on my dragons page and my scroll unhidden, so its super unfortunate ive had to go into hiding lately because i've been scared for my eggs! most of my things were eggs for a personal project, i just happened to grab the dino while looking for a water walker and clicked on habit... if whoever's been bombing us is doing it because of the dino, they couldve just asked!!

Edited by InvaderAlexis

The clowns are out in full force again - all of my bred Holidays were viewbombed while I was asleep. Good thing I noticed in time before anything died.

So a word of warning: the holiday viewbombers may be targeting more than just me. Check that your dragons are fine.

3 hours ago, Beldarius said:

The clowns are out in full force again - all of my bred Holidays were viewbombed while I was asleep. Good thing I noticed in time before anything died.

So a word of warning: the holiday viewbombers may be targeting more than just me. Check that your dragons are fine.

I’ve been viewbombed as well! Be careful everyone!

Word of caution; get yourselves some white dragons. Their ward ability will keep an egg safe from death for six hours. Hatchlings need to be fogged, though.

Someone viewbombed my super lowtime trade egg and hatched it  Probably feel real good about themselves 'saving' a dragon. roll eyes

All they did was turn it into zombie fodder, so Good Job!

Edited by Tawanda001

my beautiful egg (with a code in not mentioning) just got viewbombed i caught it in time an hid it but my other egg died :(