Delira

I'm being viewbombed

Have you been viewbombed recently?  

1,154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I would have thought it was a rule of thumb by now to not leave anything unfogged. It's soon the holiday again and we all know what happened last year.

Unless you have things in trades, keep everything, and I mean everything fogged.

Amen. I'm not 100% sure, only about 90% that I didn't add that cheese egg to AoND because it's fresh, and was up in a teleport. And yet, I just had to take it out of there... So, it's most likely really "just" AoND. 

I don't really know what to do. Maybe we should try to spread the word through other threads and/or our signatures? Add an accompanying warning that, once again, a hatchery is under attack? (To me, this looks more like a test run or something. Someone trying out one bot. But once they're ready to strike, they'll use a whole network. Maybe. I don't really understand how that stuff works, which probably shows.) Anyway, I'm all for spreading the word and warning people to keep their eggs super safe once the holiday season starts.

Allure of Neglected Dragons is my go to first choice hatchery.  I can state for a fact that what has been going on (seems primarily eggs targeted) for the last 9+ hours there is NOT normal.  I raised the alarm in AoND thread hoping bbik will see and real life doesn't have them so busy they can't look up.  I am hoping this isn't a harbinger of worse, it was around this time of year we lost Eggs Around the World.  As you might recall things got pretty crazy at Eggs Around the World before that final attack, where you could pretty much insta hatch an er timed egg with no views.

This is so strange... I've NEVER had a problem with viewbombing before. You can't get to my scroll from any of my dragons... I don't link my scroll anywhere. No other websites. I am not a part of the discord.

It must be AoND - because no one would really have any other way to passively find my specific hatchlings. AND my eggs are untouched, because they weren't in AoND.

Yeah thought so too @DaughtersOfCirce, finally got myself a personal viewbomber *-* It has been a while xD

Nothing one cannot handle, it's just a nuissance for the other trading partner who might get a sick something transferred. At a time they might not be around ^^

Maybe the little kiddies want the trade hub down? ^^ Or as you guys said, AoND. In my case, it is mix of a classical VB and a Hatching site VB. Freshly bred eggs and trades got sick, when I did not enter them myself anywhere. I just found them in AoND and Silvie's however.

Really can't they get a life? -.-

Merry Christmas xD

Edited by Belisar

Wow, I haven't been following this thread much over the last few days but an attack of some kind on AoND would explain why basically anything growing on my scroll got sick (~since friday) and has a tremendous amount of views now :o But, I don't think anybody is VBing me personally because I put my dragons in myself...

It seems to me that the attack on AoND has stopped (for now) sometime during the last couple of hours. My eggs aren't getting to the 15:1 ratio any more, meaning their views don't get maxed out. I also put two new eggs in either AoND (it started getting its views maxed around 3 hours ago, then not any more) or Silvi's (no abnormal views). I put the egg that originally was only in Silvi's into AoND about half an hour ago, and its stats go up very slowly, which is the normal behavior.

I almost lost a bred egg that was due to hatch in a few hours. She had 6,000+ views. That was yesterday. I pulled her off, fogged, and breathed a sigh. I’ve been view-bombed before but nothing in the past couple years.

This morning I checked my scroll and she was still sick! I got worried and Fertilitied her parents so they could breed a replacement in case I lost her but an hour or so later she came out of sickness. I unfogged and she hatched instantly. She’s still okay and sailing on her own, I won’t put her on any more sites. She has more than enough views to mature without it.

You know - posting in this thread is probably making the viewbombers very happy. They like attention. Don't feed the trolls.

What I'd do with a viewbomb attack is hide the eggs for a few hours, maybe remove them from viewbombed sites.

I think this might be starting up again, with either AoND, Silvi's or Valley Sherwood. I've got two eggs which have a V:UV ratio above 10:1, which is weird. (I usually have a ratio lower than 5:1.) Unless, of course, someone targeted me specifically. But why would someone target a CB waterhorse?

1 hour ago, olympe said:

I think this might be starting up again, with either AoND, Silvi's or Valley Sherwood. I've got two eggs which have a V:UV ratio above 10:1, which is weird. (I usually have a ratio lower than 5:1.) Unless, of course, someone targeted me specifically. But why would someone target a CB waterhorse?

Not just you--eggs and hatchlings of mine have gone through the roof--I post on both Silvis and AoND.

1 minute ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Not just you--eggs and hatchlings of mine have gone through the roof--I post on both Silvis and AoND.

I just tested, it's AoND that's being under attack again.

4 hours ago, olympe said:

I just tested, it's AoND that's being under attack again.

Yep, all of my eggs (and a friend's) had 15:1 views.  Probably the same person as last time.  Luckily all were close to 4 days and nothing got sick.

Obligatory psa: if you're using the trade hub, viewbombers are targeting it right now. Just had to take two fresh trades down.

Edit: and it looks like they took all my growing things out of hatcheries after my post. 😶

Edited by Jazeki

I haven't fogged anything except the eggs I put in a zillion hatcheries, and I've had no issues. Should I be scared? I have some nice things on there...but I don't want the hassle of fogging and unfogging...I have an injured dog to look after, can't be constantly on DC...

i noticed a blue dino egg in its last stage of cracking on hatching club; the ratio was bad... almost 4k overall views, 600 or so unique views, and 3 clicks.

that poor thing is going to die; the owner isn't even on the scroll page.

@DaughtersOfCirce Nope, not just you, they popped mine into Silvi's, & I just posted a trade like an hour ago . . .

Edited by Sunrunner

Is it just me, or is either AoND or Valley Sherwood under extremely heavy traffic again? I just had a hatchie get sick that was almost a day old, and I don't use any other fansites. All my other older eggs/hatchies seem to get rather high amounts of views, too. Not my youngest eggs, though. (@Trolls: Everything is fogged now, so don't even bother.)

I never add my eggs into hatcheries when they're above 6 days left, and I remove freshly-hatched hatchlings for the same reason. Yet my CB Thalassa that I got in a trade earlier got an obscene amount of unique views in the past hour and now it's sick. I sure am glad I almost never have to use Ward so I always have a BSA on hand.

The previous owner may have had it in hatcheries, don't forget. Whenever I get something in trade I check - and if I can't find, fog it for a bit so that it falls out of most hatcheries again.

Someone definitely intentionally killed a gold egg I had posted in a trade. This is the first time I've ever been viewbombed and I'm sad, not because I lost an egg, but because I suddenly don't feel welcome on the site. :unsure:

2 hours ago, Aqub said:

Someone definitely intentionally killed a gold egg I had posted in a trade. This is the first time I've ever been viewbombed and I'm sad, not because I lost an egg, but because I suddenly don't feel welcome on the site. :unsure:

Sorry about your lost.  The exact same thing happened to my friend.  She lost a common egg (common x valentine checker).  So it was nothing special.  That's what we don't understand.  It is just a 4G common checker.  It doesn't have a high trade value.  And my friend was only asking for a bloodswap regardless of generation.  She did tell me someone offered a CB Celestial which is not what she asked for and she declined the offer.  Not sure if that cause a sour feeling ... A few hours later, the egg is dead.

Don't feel bad.  You are welcome here. :wub:

Edited by QVic

2 hours ago, QVic said:

Sorry about your lost.  The exact same thing happened to my friend.  She lost a common egg (common x valentine checker).  So it was nothing special.  That's what we don't understand.  It is just a 4G common checker.  It doesn't have a high trade value.  And my friend was only asking for a bloodswap regardless of generation.  She did tell me someone offered a CB Celestial which is not what she asked for and she declined the offer.  Not sure if that cause a sour feeling ... A few hours later, the egg is dead.

Don't feel bad.  You are welcome here. :wub:

Thanks. ^_^ This wasn't really a big deal either, I wasn't getting any offers on it, so I probably would have gifted it away today anyway. I never cancelled any offers either so that's not really a common factor here. Mine was a Valentine checker too, though. Maybe someone is just "trolling" market eggs or something. :dry:

Not sure if this is the right place to say, but someone keeps adding my eggs and dragons to the Sherwood Valley fansite.

And about the possibility that it was actually me: I’ve been writing notes specifying when I’ve added my own things to the fansites. 

Edited by Montre

Sooo ....

Just what was the point of viewbombing me?  Made most of my trade offers grow up, but nothing died, so I'm very confused as to the point here.  I mean, I did get an offer for something that wasn't on my 'Want' list that I probably would've accepted anyway, but it's not a huge loss or anything.

Is this a random viewbombing of random folks who randomly post public trades?  Would non-public trades only accesible through the forum trading area be a better (safer) way to go about things?  Take my name back off my account, which I only recently checked to put back on?  I don't get what's going on here, I really don't.