Delira

I'm being viewbombed

Have you been viewbombed recently?  

1,154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My scroll name is not the same as my forum name, AND I keep my scroll hidden. This has deterred people from viewbombing, most of the time. Sometimes, they'll take a rare egg's code from the trade hub and put it in places with ERs that don't require dragons to be under 4d, or a place that accepts single codes instead of scroll names. Sadly, the dragon will then get sick and I'll have to fog it. I lost a (for some reason it was viewbombed) CB Mint to this.

2 hours ago, SlytherinWarrior said:

Oh wow, that's extremely harsh. If you're nice to someone and give them eggs, they shouldn't go try to intentionally kill your hatchies and eggs. That's so rude.

Yes it is. Disheartening, but I won't stop giving eggs to people. I believe karma will return their 'kindness'.

2 hours ago, Imzadi said:

Or, did you have a trade posted and declined someone's trade, or chose one of several and someone is angry about it.  

No, not that I am aware of. Mainly happens after I've picked up eggs from the AP to hatch. I've had a couple sunset dragons I caught fly about 10K views. 😮

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

You can take at least one off the list of hatcheries to check if you enable scroll security in that hatchery.

My scroll was hidden for the past 2 days, and I logged in to find sickness today, and more stats than usual on every growing thing - I wonder if hatcheries themselves are also being targetted again as well.

I think you may be on to something. With some of my eggs I was just getting the usual extra views if someone put my eggs in hatcheries, I was getting thousands of views. Auto bot?

5 minutes ago, lucidapple said:

Yes it is. Disheartening, but I won't stop giving eggs to people. I believe karma will return their 'kindness'.

I believe in this as well.

For new releases, after the last two and my scroll was viewbombed, I make it a point to hide everything on my scroll once I know a new release is happening. It doesn't matter how close to hatching/growing up something is, the fog is not removed until they're at 4d left. 

7 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

I believe in this as well.

For new releases, after the last two and my scroll was viewbombed, I make it a point to hide everything on my scroll once I know a new release is happening. It doesn't matter how close to hatching/growing up something is, the fog is not removed until they're at 4d left. 

It's sad that we have to do that at all. I think that is a very good idea though.

welp this is the first time i've ever been viewbombed, and i lost two eggs because of it. does that mean i'm one of the cool kids? 

god i've been playing this game since 2008, i can't believe it only just happened 😕

If you put ANYTHING in any hatchery just now, it may simply be new release effect.

i've put eggs in hatcheries during releases before, and it's been fine. i was the first to comment on the new release post by TJ, though. maybe some ne'er-do-well wanted to wreak havoc on my scroll, i dunno.

Things do seem to have changed, though. I used to - and I don't any more.

Some random guy put all my dragons into one hatchery.

Honestly, if he means bad, he should've used more hatcheries. He didn't mean good, either, so idk?

Have not lost an egg to sickness yet, maybe someone else has been Warding my scroll :v

6 minutes ago, BlueLatios said:

Have not lost an egg to sickness yet, maybe someone else has been Warding my scroll :v

Hah! That would be a service! :D

48 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Things do seem to have changed, though. I used to - and I don't any more.

Same. I used to toss my eggs immediately into AN, but stopped probably early this year after noticing they would get sick every time. Not worth the risk.

I accidentally left my scroll visible for a few hours and someone has already added all of my things to multiple hatcheries. My scroll name is different than my forum name, so I'm not sure why someone went to the trouble of digging for it. It's not like I recently upset anyone either (that I know of). All of my recent posts are pretty boring, so...what gives? I wish I knew what it is that makes me a target. All of my new releases are sick, along with a gift that I can't replace, so hopefully I'm hoping that they survive. 

I think it's pretty random, @The Dragoness but it also might be the CB prize that made you a target. Really they target anybody that posts in news at all, from what I can tell.

They bombed all my new release eggs too, but I just fogged them right after I grabbed them (they already have 100+ views almost instantly, lol) then unfogged them later when I wanted views. I haven't added my eggs to a single hatchery and they all have over 1k, and they're hatching great so.... thanks I suppose.

@Kaini, you're probably right. I just don't understand viewbombing in general. If someone has a problem with me, I would rather just be told that lol. I don't like stepping on toes any more than the next person. Being petty/jealous/cruel doesn't fix anything.

I'm glad to hear that your eggs are doing alright! Take that, viewbomber :P

Gah. I've got this freshly hatched (3rd gen) shimmer that, of course, hatched sick. I took it out of all the hatcheries I put it in, only for it to still gain views rather quickly. I also happen to have another freshly hatched 3rd gen prize that has an equally high amount of views.

Anyway, I put everything I could on full lockdown. Take that, viewbomber!

Edited by olympe

Myself and several other users of the DC Discord are being viewbombed after discussing the recent viewbombing of AoND.

If you have dragons in AoND currently and are noticing strange ratios, I advise you remove them. If you've been active in the Discord recently, check your scroll.

An anon with a blank name and ID of #8528 on Discord added me, and several others users. Our scrolls were then bombed.

Be safe.

Sigh. First time being VB'd here. How dare I speak up, I suppose. Only took 2 months of playing to get targeted.

I can confirm, testing 2 different eggs with low views amd unique views being put in 2 sites, one in AoND, 1 more in Hatching Club.

In a few minutes, both gained roughly the same amount of Unique Views. However, the egg in Hatching Club gained only as many views as unique views, while the egg in AoND is already at 15:1 ratio, the most number of views capped by its unique views.

I strongly advise those who like to use AoND hatcheries to use them with caution. On the bright side, if you're currently looking for more views (bevause you got an egg from AP, trade, etc reasons), then AoND is currently good for that.

Once again let me confirm that this is not a viewbombing case, rather an AoND viewer overuse (or if you guys want to think of it as a viewbomb, then call it a hatchery viewbombing)

Haven't tested Silvi's Lair and others yet, but for sure it's AoND for now. Don't panic, remove your eggs/hatchlings from AoND and everything should go normally :)

Edit:

@BrazenChase guess I'm a bit late to share the info haha. But AoND is still going great with the views, so it hasn't passed by yet. Also, that sounds shady.

Someone tried to viewbomb me once, I have my guesses on who they are, but I won't talk about it. But it was done on a new egg, which will not die until 5 hours have passed, so he's a very basic viewbomber; they just put the egg in multiple hatcheries :v

I am happy that I'm viewbombed, it means that there is at least one good thing in my scroll :D

But just in case, if anyone viewbombed me because of being upset at me, you could tell that to me and maybe we can resolve the problem :)(And no, don't expect a reward for doing something bad)

And to pesky viewbombers that are targetting me, your best achievement is to make my egg sick. Try until something dies, then I'll be convinced to hide my scroll :v

Edited by BlueLatios

Looks like I've got one hatchling that is being view bombed. Fogged it. So am I correct in saying we don't have to have a link to our scroll in the sig?

2 minutes ago, Lady_of_The_Forest said:

Looks like I've got one hatchling that is being view bombed. Fogged it. So am I correct in saying we don't have to have a link to our scroll in the sig?

Nope, you don't. I haven't for many years. I'm also getting eggs that are being bombed right now too.

1 hour ago, BrazenChase said:

Myself and several other users of the DC Discord are being viewbombed after discussing the recent viewbombing of AoND.

If you have dragons in AoND currently and are noticing strange ratios, I advise you remove them. If you've been active in the Discord recently, check your scroll.

An anon with a blank name and ID of #8528 on Discord added me, and several others users. Our scrolls were then bombed.

Be safe.

Sigh. First time being VB'd here. How dare I speak up, I suppose. Only took 2 months of playing to get targeted.

I'd like to chime in that this user was also spotted using alts, not just on the account #8528. If you use discord and get a suspicious friend request, fog your stuff just to be certain, I received a suspicious dm and shortly after my views started spiking. No losses yet, luckily, but can't be overcautious.

You are right, most of my eggs which I only put in earlier today (around 7 AM cave time) have a 15:1 ratio, which is extreme. However, UVs aren't that high, so it's probably someone accidentally messing  up with the auto-viewer (show all, refresh every minute) who has had it running in the background for aw hile now. Oops.

My hatchlings, which have quite a few more views, are all around a 4:1 to 5:1 ratio right now, so it's not extreme. Yet.

(And, considering I put my eggs in a little late, I'm not all that concerned.) But it's probably a good idea to keep an eye on the situation.

I would have thought it was a rule of thumb by now to not leave anything unfogged. It's soon the holiday again and we all know what happened last year.

Unless you have things in trades, keep everything, and I mean everything fogged.

I noticed that AoND currently gets *very* many views. Several of my eggs got sick today, but when I checked, they were only on AoND and not in any of the other hatcheries I used, so it seems that this site is currently extremely active.