Delira

I'm being viewbombed

Have you been viewbombed recently?  

1,107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 10.12.2017 at 2:17 AM, Sunrunner said:

TO THE VIEWBOMBING PUTZMASTER: You don't even deserve coal to keep warm with this holiday, let alone any nice gifts.  Freeze, you creep.  Lose all your fingers to frostbite so you can no longer try killing our innocent baby dragons.

Sincerely,

~Sunrunner

...That was a "little" harsh considering that it's just pixels. O_o

Since that last incident - and a close call to get my 2G altkin killed - I hide all the 'important' dragons for the night. Quite annoying to do, for certain reasons I cannot hide my scroll just yet, but it works.

Just as a heads up, I think Eggs Around the World itself is being viewbombed right now. There's nearly 500 users online when normally there's only around 100. I would suggest you pull your dragons off the site and fog them just to be safe.

36 minutes ago, FayriTayell said:

Just as a heads up, I think Eggs Around the World itself is being viewbombed right now. There's nearly 500 users online when normally there's only around 100. I would suggest you pull your dragons off the site and fog them just to be safe.

I agree (unless people are really planning for Christmas breeding). I updated my scroll earlier with two freshly unfogged eggs and one got 100 unique and normal views in 2 minutes and the other jumped to 2000 views and 100 unique views in the same time period. So if you can't ward, watch, or refog eggs, I think it's best to avoid EATW for the time being.

I agree, as well. I have my scroll hidden, and three very different things (bred, cb, traded for) all got sick, and the only place they're in is EATW.

I noticed my eggs that were in EATW were getting sick at the beginning of this week, so I started waiting until they were ER status to put them in. Then today a hatchie that I had there got sick! My hatchies have never gotten sick! I've yanked everything from EATW and put them in a slower-moving hatchery.

I just put my eggs into EatW and got 800+ UVs and 2000+ Vs within less than half an hour or so. Surely works for fast hatching, but is a tad unfortunate for the 4d 2h eggs XD

So, use that one with caution.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

EATW is definitely being view bombed. My eggs had a tremendous number of views/clicks in short order and I have six of them hidden and the rest (hatchies) have been removed from the site. I would suggest, until this view bombing is stopped, that the site not be used because in a few hours my eggs were sick with way, way to many views for the time allotted. Use another site unless you keep a very, very close eye on them each hour they're on that site.

Edited by Misha

Ironically, I actually *want* to use this EATW glitch to help me kill some Zombie fodder, but so far it's only snuffed one hatchie.  :( *pokes the rest with the DIENAOPLZ stick*

Guys, I can not stress how important it is to hide your scroll during holidays, especially when you've been hunting or trading.

This afternoon, someone added all of my eggs to EATW, AoND, and the Hatchling Club after I announced that I caught a CB Holly in the News thread. Now a few of my eggs are hidden and sick, because it took me too long to find the hatcheries they were in. I'm missing all but two years, so someone was pretty upset. 

I've never used EATW because of its popularity. Instead, I fly under the radar with several smaller hatcheries and never seem to experience viewbombing woes. Some people did view my CB Holly this morning, but I fogged it before things got out of hand.

To supplement the reminders others have given, I would recommend that an egg not begin to accumulate views until it passes under the 6-day marker. This is because eggs are most vulnerable during their first day of life.

I only used EATW, and all of my eggs died! Including a 2012 that was related to an alt grave. I was disappointed, and got seven more eggs. Then after doing some editing to my scroll settings, not even five minutes after I put them on EATW, they were sick again! I'm kinda miffed, tbh.

Edited by jillybean711

EATW itself got added to a visitor exchange site by some bomber. Currently trying to kill a Vamp egg that way hahahaha - I want it out of my slots.

dang 1794 users on just eatw? Someone hates Hoilday eggs, wish I had some last minute eggs to try for some neglects!XD

Haven't used EATW and now I'm getting bombed? I'm confused. Never been view bombed before.

I forgot this was a thing and well...

****. I looked a couple of hours ago and my eggs were all fine, thought I wouldn't have to worry about this. But I just checked in and they were all sick, having more than doubled in views and quadrupled in UVs. Fogged now, I really hope they recover. I know they're just pixels, but it's still such an awful thing to happen over Christmas. :/

Edited by Crystals

Yeah, I lost two eggs and am hoping for a Warded recovery on the rest. It doesn't help that the EATW viewbombing has basically made it more dangerous, since so few eggs/hatchlings are up at once.

Someone just added my scroll on hatching sites and almost all eggs/hatchlings are sick now (i didn't add any of the eggs yet). I wasn't hunting coz I've been egglocked since last night, so they probably saw me in holiday trading topic. :angry:

I'm going to add this post here from the Holiday Schedule thread since it directly relates to what we're seeing with viewbombing and I want members to have visibility into what's going on. This is from Ext3h, who runs Eggs Around the World: 

There's lots of viewbombing going on! Keep yr eggs safe! Ward them, hide them, and don't use hatcheries for a few days.

Don't use Eggs Around the World--it's glitchy, and you may lose eggs.

i always keep rare dragons fogged until they're ER anyway so it really doesn't impact me at all and i'd recommend just doing the same as a protocol in general

Well, I was gonna hide my scroll before I went to bed. Forgot to do it, woke up to all my eggs and one Silver hatchling that was really important, dead. I'm so incredibly sad right now. One of the eggs was waiting to be traded, the rest were luckily all CBs, but still I'm so damn pissed. I really hope EATW gets fixed soon. 

Pixels or not that still is a nasty trick to do to players especially around Christmas. I've never had to hide my scroll before and now I have for the first time ever. I'm still going to be checking all my eggs and hatchies on a regular basis and I suggest everyone do so (if they are able during this big travel season). It only makes sense to be more cautious.