TJ09

2013-05-28 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 7

That's not a name I would've ever guessed. These guys are... big. And pretty. That is all. biggrin.gif

Another amazing job done by earthgirl. Thanks much for these lovely wyverns~! :3

Wow WOW wow!! WOW! And did I saw WOW? xd.png These are simply gorgeous!!!!!! Love the poses and the colors and the description! My new favorite!

Wow...

user posted imageuser posted image

Them's some wicked claws, especially the feet.

Female's far wing bothers me like heck, but it's curled in like the near wing, i get that, but only one white wing-finger line [male has one behind his head but at least it connects to the wrist; female's wrist plainly visible but still]?

These are on-site, so nothing to do about them now. Just pointing out stuff that maybe EG can clarify or something?

user posted image

Wow, I missed out on some amazing dragons right here. It's going to be a pain in the arse to try and get two CBs!

Oh well, I'll manage. Thank you for this wonderful event, TJ!

And thank you all the artists involved! Your dragons are, as Dean up there say's, awesome!

Wow, these are great! Thank you, Earthgirl.

And thank you, T.J., for this huge and wonderful event. This is going to keep me busy for quite a while. It's nice to have something to do on DC besides being frustrated by greedy trading.

I love these adults very much! I'd say this is my second favorite out off all seven. lkdf;ll Glad I got a pair. tongue.gif

user posted image

Wow, I missed out on some amazing dragons right here. It's going to be a pain in the arse to try and get two CBs!

Oh well, I'll manage. Thank you for this wonderful event, TJ!

And thank you all the artists involved! Your dragons are, as Dean up there say's, awesome!

Nope, I just saw three in the Volcano and managed to snag one for myself. Just go hang with the other 50 people and you can get lucky too!

I'm LOVING these dragons too!! Waytago Earthgirl!! They be yummy!

They are superb! Thank you so much, Earthgirl. Thanks to ALL the spriters and of course TJ for making this a week to remember!

I agree that these are some GORGEOUS sprites, but I noticed a typo in the adult description:

Seragammas are not only notorious for killing anything that can provide them with sustinence, but also their opponents during mating season.

The correct spelling is sustenance. wink.gif

*Gasp*

Omg they're amazing o.o

I would have loved a bright color on them, but I really do like these! Whoa...

wub.gif

And check out those claws biggrin.gif

I would hate to be caught near them. I'm stringy, but sustenance is sustenance laugh.gif

I'm glad that you like my babies! smile.gif

Additional info on the breed:

* Seragamma hatchlings are chubby little hungry beasts because they're always full - their mommies feed them constantly so that they will grow up to be strong hunters and fighters.

* Female seragammas would go as far as risk their lives to protect their offspring.

* As soon as they're able to fly, young Seras will start hunting on their own - their first preys will be small and would often consist of birds.

* Seragammas hunt in small groups. It takes a group of 3 or 4 dragons to take down a large animal. They would surround their prey, intimidating it, while the male will be the one going for the throat. Each member will have their share of meat, as well of a share for their offspring.

* They will not touch rotten meat however, so they make sure to consume it as fast as possible or share it with others of their own breed.

* Their favorite kind of prey are wild horses, their meat providing these dragons just the right proteins.

* Their stomachs can't digest fish.

* They don't eat or hunt on other dragons; those of their own breed that are killed in fights are carried away from their settlements and left to rot.

* Seragammas would often attack humans invading their territories only to scare them away without trying to harm them; things might get serious if the 2-legged intruder approaches the eggs.

* seras are almost impossible to tame and befriend as their generally aggresive behavior is hereditary.

* despite being ferocious, they are generally tidy.

*** Other random facts(more or less obvious):

* sera=evening(gamma) - their name has got nothing to do with behaviour, but the fact that they have the colors of the volcanic sunset.

* They aren't very large creatures; Just a tad bigger than a human.

* They have deep brown eyes.

* They have branched horns(antlers).

* Their DNA is very similar to one of a prey bird.

* They have a puff of feathers on their chest.

* Their manes are also feathered(duh!)

* A Seragamma wyvern egg is about the same size of an ostrich egg.

@earthgirl

Thanks for that extra infor! happy.gif

Thanks for the info Earthgirl! I love extra tidbits like that.

I see TJ reversed his extra adults to S2's. laugh.gif

A fearsome dragon, just what I like! Thanks Egirl for this great addition to DC.

I want a bunch!!!

I loooooooove these Wyverns! Even if I'm not quite a fan of too much brown and orange, these look extremely awesome with these colors, and I'm definitely going to start hoarding these Wyverns tongue.gif

Thanks for the extra info, Earthgirl, it was very interesting to read wink.gif

Awesome thanks for the additional info <3

But;

user posted imageuser posted image

Them's some wicked claws, especially the feet.

Female's far wing bothers me like heck, but it's curled in like the near wing, i get that, but only one white wing-finger line [male has one behind his head but at least it connects to the wrist; female's wrist plainly visible but still]?

These are on-site, so nothing to do about them now. Just pointing out stuff that maybe EG can clarify or something?

Ah, I see what you mean with the wing fingers. One would go behind the head, the other one sort of slipped my mind. o.o