TJ09

2013-05-27 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 6

Oh, as it seems my facts are off. My mistake, I feel embarrassed now! But there were three exotic scent eggs... hm, strange right? I suppose the adults are dimorphic on those but not the hatchlings.

It's actually pretty common to have hatchlings without dimorphism but adults with. smile.gif Look at the wiki, there are a lot of dragons with that combination. happy.gif I remember this breed and what they look like, but I can't remember anything about their breeding from the thread. But since they can be influenced, I assume that means there's going to be a male and female. :3

Thanks TJ and spriters! It's nice that the coast has a few more breeds now. smile.gif

It's actually pretty common to have hatchlings without dimorphism but adults with. smile.gif Look at the wiki, there are a lot of dragons with that combination. happy.gif I remember this breed and what they look like, but I can't remember anything about their breeding from the thread. But since they can be influenced, I assume that means there's going to be a male and female. :3

Thanks TJ and spriters! It's nice that the coast has a few more breeds now. smile.gif

now if only they could up the blusangs' drop rate.

Oh, as it seems my facts are off. My mistake, I feel embarrassed now! But there were three exotic scent eggs... hm, strange right? I suppose the adults are dimorphic on those but not the hatchlings.

2 eggs: both mature hatchlings and adults have no dimorphism.

3 eggs: only adults have dimorphism.

4 eggs: both mature hatchlings and adults have dimorphism.

At least that's how it's been before. wink.gif

Edited by Nyastara

What I wanna know is....

...what does salt smell like, anyway?

But man, these eggs have a GORGEOUS pearl color to them!

Edited by girlgamerjen

I wondering if this egg will be similar to the Blusangs.

It took me a couple of hours but I got my 2 eggs for today at the XX:15 mark three hours in (missed the first hour due to a food run). xd.png

I just need tomorrows and I'm set for this release (other than searching for mates for my Red and Brown Day 5 Eggs).

What I wanna know is....

*lol* I thought exactly the same when I read that description. xd.png Taste ok ... but smell? blink.gif

2 eggs: mature hatchlings and adults have no dimorhism.

3 eggs: olny adlts have dimorphism.

4 eggs: both mature hatchlings and adults have dimorhism.

Yeah, I get it now. I'm not a total idiot, but it is hard to think at 3 in the morning after a long day (which mostly involved solving a murder mystery before it was even half over and interacting with my famiy).

But yes, it seems like I got that wrong, heehee.

What I wanna know is....

Usually, I associate the taste of salt with the ocean, especially when there's a breeze coming in.

2 eggs: both mature hatchlings and adults have no dimorhism.

3 eggs: olny adults have dimorphism.

4 eggs: both mature hatchlings and adults have dimorhism.

You realize spelling that out means that TJ is going to introduce a species where the hatchlings have dimorphism but the adults don't right? wink.gif

Probably next April.

What I wanna know is....

Have you ever been to a beach? It's the smell the ocean gives off (sorta briny I suppose, which is why I bet these'll look great up against Blusangs)

What I wanna know is....

I think of the smell by the sea. So more like algea and wet sand and stones... salt by itself does not smell of anything I think

I'm locked with a Horse egg with a cool code I don't want to get rid of, so I only got one of these.

Yay! Got one on my first attempt! smile.gif Now to wait 7 hours until my scroll's unlocked to try to catch another.

It occurs to me that these eggs today are great introductions just before June if they're mean to relate to pearls. Pearl is one of the birthstones of June.

Yeah, I get it now. I'm not a total idiot, but it is hard to think at 3 in the morning after a long day (which mostly involved solving a murder mystery before it was even half over and interacting with my famiy).

But yes, it seems like I got that wrong, heehee.

This wasn't meant to be coming of as lecturing you or belittling your intellect. wink.gif Just wanted to share this small information with you. smile.gif *tries to feed sylphoflights' brain with information even when it's currently in its well-deserved standby mode*

You realize spelling that out means that TJ is going to introduce a species where the hatchlings have dimorphism but the adults don't right?  wink.gif

Probably next April.

*lol* Yes, I can picture him doing that just to totally confuse us. xd.png

Edited by Nyastara

It occurs to me that these eggs today are great introductions just before June if they're mean to relate to pearls. Pearl is one of the birthstones of June.

That also makes up for the lack of June release if so! Pearlescent things are always so pretty! If that's the case, I hope we get an opalescent dragon in the cave because it would just breed beautifully!

I think of the smell by the sea. So more like algea and wet sand and stones... salt by itself does not smell of anything I think

Salt does have a smell, but it's very faint. My mom having us gargle warm salt water when we lost a tooth or had a sore throat - no idea if it actually helped, but the hot water with lots of salt in it had a scent of its own. It is a component of the briny smell of the ocean.

Edited by Lodrelhai

This wasn't meant to be coming of as lecturing you or belittling your intellect. wink.gif Just wanted to share this small information with you. smile.gif *tries to feed sylphoflights' brain with information even when it's currently in its well-deserved standby mode*

Yes thank you! I've got it now!

That also makes up for the lack of June release if so! Pearlescent things are always so pretty! If that's the case, I hope we get an opalescent dragon in the cave because it would just breed beautifully!

My birthday is at the end of June, so I remember my birthstone, lol. I really did think of pearls when I looked at the eggs first so I hope they are pearlescent. (Funny you mentioned opalescent too, because my mother's birthstone is Opal! Lol)

Salt does have a smell, but it's very faint. My mom having us gargle warm salt water when we lost a tooth or had a sore throat - no idea if it actually helped, but the hot water with lots of salt in it had a scent of its own. It is a component of the briny smell of the ocean.

I think it's supposed to help - salt kills bacteria.

That sounds like the Blusang's egg description, briny.

It's a interesting one, I await to see what the hatchling looks like

I think it's supposed to help - salt kills bacteria.

=D my ex would just take a shot of vodka. hahaha.

Annnnyway. Yes, it wasnt a belittling. It was a just explanation. /shrug

Blargl. Excited iwth new eggies. Wondering why we dont have more cooltoned eggs (mostly theyve been reddish hued). /shrug

Seems a lot of the breeds are "B - C" breeds. Black cap. Bloodscale. Copper.

/shrug

My birthday is at the end of June, so I remember my birthstone, lol. I really did think of pearls when I looked at the eggs first so I hope they are pearlescent. (Funny you mentioned opalescent too, because my mother's birthstone is Opal! Lol)

Haha, a happy coincidence! I would love to see birthstone dragons become a thing, since I've seen a ton on the completed list based on them.

Seems a lot of the breeds are "B - C" breeds. Black cap. Bloodscale. Copper.

And both these and the exotic scents are between Black and Bloodscale (Exotic scents are just before these) Meaning the name of these can be anywhere from Blad- to Blon-.

Edited by sylphoflights