TJ09

2013-05-26 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 5

I know that they are hard to find right now... I've seen two Leetle Trees already, but no Copperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! huh.gif

Wonderful adults! The green is my favorite. Could this be a new metallic?

Oh man... that would be SO wonderful.

I'd like to think that my little green guy has been sitting next to water wink.gif

He's an orange one but felt like sitting next to water..

I still need an orange *sigh*

Wow! They look incredible as adults. Lucky I got a pair of each, they are wonderful!

Great Sprites. Hope I can catch more of them. smile.gif

I'm currently adding them to my spreadsheet and given their form they are Wyverns, are they not? (Just wondering, where to include them.)

All of the eggs combined in one image. smile.gif

B-Day Badge topic: Get your badge riiight here

Now they won't take up so much of your signature length. wink.gif

Animated Candle Version

user posted image

[IMG=http://i43.tinypic.com/2jadu79.gif]

user posted image

[IMG=http://i44.tinypic.com/10pq91g.gif]

Simple Version

user posted image

[IMG=http://i40.tinypic.com/33y573o.png]

user posted image

[IMG=http://i43.tinypic.com/4ih8k2.gif]

greez Nyastara smile.gif

I have been looking thru the biomes most of the day and have seen the salt one, the day 7 one (lots and lots of these ones), the faintly exotic scent one (lots of these as well) and the one with the black cap--but for the life of me I haven't seen any of the alternate 3 eggs in any of the biomes sad.gif

So where are they all?? blink.gif

What if TJ was like, "These were supposed to be uncommon, but I'm going to make them rare anyways~ :3" ? xd.png

I know TJ can do that, but has he ever? Has he ever made the rarity of something different that what the artist/creator wanted?

I don't think it's that these are rare, just in demand, like the Blusangs. Also, since lots of people (myself included) hoarded them day 1, they're out of balance with the other new breeds and closer to the older breeds (still not there, though), while the other new breeds still need more balanced ratios, thus making the others appear in priority to these.

I don't think it's that these are rare, just in demand, like the Blusangs. Also, since lots of people (myself included) hoarded them day 1, they're out of balance with the other new breeds and closer to the older breeds (still not there, though), while the other new breeds still need more balanced ratios, thus making the others appear in priority to these.

That, and they are one breed, and what with most people wanted at least 1 of each, their count will go up roughly 3 times faster than the other releases.

I cant decide what dragons to sort these beauties next to... there wing styles remind me of the BBW so maybe I will put them next to those.. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

>.> tehpikachu that is super rude.....

stop dissing my new fav breed :<

the spriter worked really hard on them and they look fine. If you don't have constructive criticism... then don't criticize at all...

Absolutely! Like Thumper's mother said, 'If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all!" There's absolutely NOTHING disappointing about these beauties!! Well done artists and all!! Thank you for another wonderful addition to our Weyrs!

Wow, is my opinion not allowed here on these forums? I'm not SHOWERING the dragon with tears of joy and fondling the screen at its mere presence, so you're telling me to shut up and gtfo.

If that's your opinion, then that's what it is.

The way I see, all views, positive or negative, are allowed to be expressed here. Artists may be sensitive types, but if they expect every single comment about every single piece they do to be sunshine and roses, they're going to be in for a rude awakening someday. I think people are out of line to call that user out. Nothing she said was 'rude' for God's sake. >_< Is there some rule around here that says only good or positive, flowery comments are allowed? No? Well then.

Had the user said 'Damn, that is one fugly dragon! Ugh! The artist is obviously shoddy with that kind of work..., then that's one thing. This user didn't do that. If I ever see something on a dragon that I don't like I'm going to express that opinion. I damn sure don't expect to get called out for it and labled 'rude'.

Oh thank god, someone with common sense.

That's just the way things work I suppose. When you go against what a lot of people think, they tend to get upset...However, I honestly don't see how saying "they're okay" is...dissing the dragon itself. Really, everyone's entitled to their own opinions. Personally, I love these guys (I think they're dull in a pretty beautiful way).

I was sort of expecting them to be shinier (especially the "new copper" color - I mean, new shiny pennies are realllllly shiny). But either way, I really adore them.

Edit In: still havnt seen this answered... will 1 alt only breed true to it's color? (like tinsels?) or are they closer to nebulas/stripes and theyll breed any color randomly?

Edited by girlgamerjen

Wow, is my opinion not allowed here on these forums? I'm not SHOWERING the dragon with tears of joy and fondling the screen at its mere presence, so you're telling me to shut up and gtfo.

Oh thank god, someone with common sense.

If you would like to voice your personal constructive critique to me, I will gladly hear it.

I am available via Private message.

These have been 2 years+ in the making. Please realize that I'm reluctant to spend further time on the sprite.

I have a tough skin to constructive critique from friends. When it comes from Art Directors for potential jobs, it's harder. Taking critique from strangers, and such a sheer number of them, we learn to take it 'with a grain of salt'.

Guys, Thank you for all the well wishes. Fiona and I do love the Coppers, and I'm sure she is just as happy as I am seeing them released into the game.

Oh, and for everyone information, it is supposed to be Constructive Critique, not Constructive Criticism. It's critique not criticism. =) Critique is to tell what is Good, weird, or awkward, while criticism is not nice.

Thanks ^^

-Nakase

I was sort of expecting them to be shinier (especially the "new copper" color - I mean, new shiny pennies are realllllly shiny). But either way, I really adore them.

Edit In: still havnt seen this answered... will 1 alt only breed true to it's color? (like tinsels?) or are they closer to nebulas/stripes and theyll breed any color randomly?

Um...I don't know? xd.png

Edited by Nakase

Am I just unlucky, or have the eggs really become extinct blink.gif

Oh, and for everyone information, it is supposed to be Constructive Critique, not Constructive Criticism. It's critique not criticism. =) Critique is to tell what is Good, weird, or awkward, while criticism is not nice.

Actually, that's not quite true: while one of the definitions of criticism is faultfinding, the term more broadly involves analysis, evaluation, and/or judgment that is not necessarily negative; in the second meaning, "criticism" and "critique" are synonymous. So "constructive criticism" is a perfectly valid/acceptable term. smile.gif

On topic: I really like the coloring of these guys, especially the brown ones. And every time I look at the green ones, the Statue of Liberty pops to mind. Very happy I managed to get two of each!

Red = rainbow = normal = user posted image. Green = verdigris = oxidized = corroded = user posted image. Brown = liver of sulfur = tarnished = user posted image.

"3 alts" meaning 3 versions of the same dragon. There are only 3. There is no mystery 4th. tongue.gif

Yes, it's a metal. But not rare!

Ah, good - that's how I named them when I saved the sprites on my computer! xd.png

Really like these guys - was expecting a bit more shiny, but still cool and I still want lots of them! tongue.gif

Perceived rarity and hype is a bite in a butt, but I managed to get at least all the colours, and with that, I am satisfied. I still lack a mate for my CB Blusang, although...at least I'll have possible mates for these.

However, I enjoy the concept. They seem like they may be fun to breed for lineages and such.

Edited by Wild

If you would like to voice your personal constructive critique to me, I will gladly hear it.

I am available via Private message.

These have been 2 years+ in the making. Please realize that I'm reluctant to spend further time on the sprite.

I have a tough skin to constructive critique from friends. When it comes from Art Directors for potential jobs, it's harder. Taking critique from strangers, and such a sheer number of them, we learn to take it 'with a grain of salt'.

Guys, Thank you for all the well wishes. Fiona and I do love the Coppers, and I'm sure she is just as happy as I am seeing them released into the game.

Thanks ^^

-Nakase

Just what are you saying? All I said was that I was a bit disappointed. I never suggested you do anything to fix or even touch the sprite. And critique is not such a bad thing, as so many of you seem to think. I said nothing constructive, but also never said anything destructive. All it was, was an opinion and nothing more.

I was a bit disappointed too, but that was merely because of all the hype; I gathered much higher expectations than I regularly do for releases. The work put into them, is of course, prominent and the capture of copper seems closely studied. Me, myself, was not entirely sure what I was expecting and I can see why some people are in love with how they look.

Edited by Wild

"criticism" carries connotations however, that "critique" does not. However, that's neither here nor there. People are allowed to tell us how much they love the sprites, and they're allowed to tell us they aren't their favorites. It's all ok as long as we all remain kind, polite and respectful. tehpikachu was fine.

If coppers have become some of your new favorites I can understand a negative response when someone else says they don't care for them. But remember, they're allowed not to like them.

Now, as for people not being able to find them... that's a different problem. tongue.gif I'm not sure why no one is seeing them fall. Perhaps the breed being spread out over 6 biomes may be a factor. Part of it may be that people still don't have as many as they want, so they get snatched up really fast.

I was actually a bit disappointed. Thought they'd look more unique somehow. Don't get me wrong, they look pretty good, but I'm not wholly impressed.