TJ09

2013-05-26 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 5

Oh wow, these turned out nicer than I thought they would. I think the verdigris is my favorite out of the trio. happy.gif

@ Whitefire - rust, corrode and Tarnish.

the Female Gold is still my fav Metal, love her new pose.  but the green copper Male and Female are both in 2nd place.  must horde this version.

i do agree though, the shadding on the copper colored one is lovely.

i can't wait to see how and what color these babies breed.

I think that one is rusty, one is corroded, and then the other one is just normal?  That's what I'm seeing at least, or how they look like.  It's pretty interesting though to see the three differences in these dragons. <3  Very nicely colored.  |D

EDIT: Nevermind Red2111 beat me to it. XD

More like Old Penny, New Penny, Oxidize Penny that's been in water (Verdigris).  ;)
Actually, the colors are rainbow, verdigris and liver of sulfur. A rainbow patina on copper is achieved with heat. We decided to use that as the normal coloration of the dragons, rather than a shiny plain copper, mostly because we both liked how they looked so much.

Verdigris is another name for oxidized copper. If you look at the American Statue of Liberty, you see a fine example of verdigris. Salt and high humidity are conditions that speed up the oxidation. The coast and the jungle seemed like the places where those conditions would be found.

Liver of sulfur is an acid that can be applied to copper to create a particular coloration. In this case we chose it for places where conditions are particularly harsh, like the volcanoes and the desert.

Thank you for all the answers~ And they're great, but which is which? Red = 'Rust', Brown = 'Tarnish', Green = 'Corrode'/'Patina'? Or something like that?

idk. i think the Orange one is the "normal" verson as the coloration reseblems that of a copper pipe.

the Green one is corroded, from all the water and humidity (statue of liberty)

the Brown one is Tarnished from the dry aired weather and the heat (old silver ware)

which leaves the "3rd alt" mystery in TJ's post very interesting laugh.gif

hmmm names, i went goofy this time

three are named after their codes

- TJ Gives Hugs

- VCR from the 1950s

- Ony In Copper

the others were me goofing off

- Sir Thadious the Metal Muncher

- The Om Nom Metal Monster

- Copper is the New Gold

- Ia R Eated All Teh Coppers

idk. i think the Orange one is the "normal" verson as the coloration reseblems that of a copper pipe.

the Green one is corroded, from all the water and humidity (statue of liberty)

the Brown one is Tarnished from the dry aired weather and the heat (old silver ware)

which leaves the "3rd alt" mystery in TJ's post very interesting laugh.gif

hmmm names, i went goofy this time

three are named after their codes

- TJ Gives Hugs

- VCR from the 1950s

- Ony In Copper

the others were me goofing off

- Sir Thadious the Metal Muncher

- The Om Nom Metal Monster

- Copper is the New Gold

- Ia R Eated All Teh Coppers

What do you mean? What is intresting about the 3rd alt? :3

Is something special about the Green which I don't know about?

Red = rainbow = normal = user posted image. Green = verdigris = oxidized = corroded = user posted image. Brown = liver of sulfur = tarnished = user posted image.

"3 alts" meaning 3 versions of the same dragon. There are only 3. There is no mystery 4th. tongue.gif

Yes, it's a metal. But not rare!

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

Red = rainbow = normal = user posted image. Green = verdigris = oxidized = corroded = user posted image. Brown = liver of sulfur = tarnished = user posted image.

"3 alts" meaning 3 versions of the same dragon. There are only 3. There is no mystery 4th. :P

Ah thank you <3 Now I can name them without getting words wrong ^-^

So, these are officially a metal then? And will be classified as such along with the Golds and Silvers?

They are metals, but they aren't as rare as the golds and silvers. More uncommon....depending on the effect of the fan base on them.

Edited by Sir Barton

I don't know, there's something about them that's keeping me from really loving them, but they're great and solid additions to the cave.

Me too, and I can't quite put my finger on it xd.png

They are metals, but they aren't as rare as the golds and silvers. More uncommon....depending on how the effect of the fan base on them.

Hopefully, they'll fulfill the trade gap between metals and trios.

I really like these you did a good job spriting them. I named mine:

Like an Old Penny

Copper For Your Thoughts

A Penny For Your Shoe

Never Take Me Alive Copper

The colors are gorgeous and I like the poses!

Oh my gawd. EVERY SINGLE DRAGON in this release is absolutely beautiful! I feel compelled to raise an army of each breed! xd.png

Finally got to see the adults. They are all lovely.

Absolutely beautiful. Of all the dragons released, thus far these are my favorites. Especially the greens. smile.gif

Due to being egg-locked couldn't get this one. Does anybody know what the description is for this one? This egg.......... Thanks a lot.

smile.gif thanks for clearign that up as well Fiona

Thanks for all the info, Fiona! smile.gif I love these guys. The regular one is definitely my favourite, followed by the green and then the brown. smile.gif

Well, these are nice. I'm happy with the two I got, since they're not my favourite dragons of this release, but I won't deny that they are very pretty.

The adults are great, and I love the descriptions! If I ever end up getting around to describing/redescribing my dragons, these lovelies will definitely be getting some good plots. c:

~Feathers

I love these guys like crazy x3 I know I must have every single sprite and color! Naming them will be hard, but thy will be done!!! Muahahaha!!! Ty for the lovely, lovely pretties!!!!

I haven't been able to catch anymore of these eggs. sad.gif Guess I will keep trying. smile.gif