TJ09

2013-05-26 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 5

Is someone adding people's scrolls to the sites? My hell horses were added to only one site and got about 400 views over a day. I go to bed for 9 hours and suddenly they received triple the amount they got 24 hours previously.

How do I keep that from happening?

It depends on which site, because views are building up way fast on some of them. Having said that, someone around here is practicing for the Jerk Olympics and adding people's eggs all over the place (I know because I pulled mine - which I didn't add anywhere - from all the main hatcheries last night). If they keep going at this pace, one day they'll take home the Gold. xd.png

Edited by skauble

Or wiki might be just wrong... because they say "each color has an alt". Each color as every color would have two: normal and alt.

I see what you are saying and in that sense, I think it might be better phrased as "each color IS an ALT".

I just think of them the way I do Nebulas - They're all alts to each other...

Caught a second green to go with my first so I have a pair. Whoop! biggrin.gif

The next two slots will be for Day 6.

It depends on which site, because views are building up way fast on some of them.  Having said that, someone around here is practicing for the Jerk Olympics and adding people's eggs all over the place (I know because I pulled mine - which I didn't add anywhere - from all the main hatcheries last night).  If they keep going at this pace, one day they'll take home the Gold.  xd.png

I added mine to the Dragon Cave Spa on Pets Galore since there were about 3000 dragons there I thought it got less traffic than the Allure and the DragHatch.

He'll sure be the most Decorated Olympian in that category.

Edited by Spyridon

I see what you are saying and in that sense, I think it might be better phrased as "each color IS an ALT".

I just think of them the way I do Nebulas - They're all alts to each other...

But nebula has same egg sprite and they appears in desert. New eggs have other sprites egg and moreover they appears in different habitats.

Edited by Chita

Well, I am pretty sure I remember these. Delicious dragons, they are.

Anyone else hoping tomorrow is another new spriter, though? Sure I love the in-cave spriters and all these great things, the Teimarrs from day 1 are now just below Guardians on my list of favorite breeds... but I'm always happiest for a spriter on their first release. Day 2 made me happy for this reason.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

And, I finally nabbed all three alts biggrin.gif

Didn't have a problem with view bombing for now. I hope it stays that way.

I've seen this happen on releases before. Someone goes through the news thread and randomly adds posters to every hatchery they can so they can kill their eggs. I tend to be paranoid about the 1 day holiday releases due to that. But, I've been catching before I go to sleep then fogging, so they are fogged for the first 10 hours or so. Helps keep them out of trouble.

I've seen this happen on releases before. Someone goes through the news thread and randomly adds posters to every hatchery they can so they can kill their eggs. I tend to be paranoid about the 1 day holiday releases due to that. But, I've been catching before I go to sleep then fogging, so they are fogged for the first 10 hours or so. Helps keep them out of trouble.

What would be the point of killing other people's dragons? Are they assuming that these are rare and only want to have one of the few dragons that get released on the first day?

Meh. I do like alting breeds (though 2 variants is quite enough for me). But why did this one have to come in the middle of a 7 breeds in 7 days release? Aren't scrolls overstuffed enough without this? mad.gif

At least I managed to get 1 Pair of each except the green (only one egg). But with the amount of other breeds, I'm not confident I'll be able to fill those gaps within a year even.

Which makes me think that maybe DC is growing to be too time-consuming and frustrating for me. sad.gif

Meh. I do like alting breeds (though 2 variants is quite enough for me). But why did this one have to come in the middle of a 7 breeds in 7 days release? Aren't scrolls overstuffed enough without this? mad.gif

At least I managed to get 1 Pair of each except the green (only one egg). But with the amount of other breeds, I'm not confident I'll be able to fill those gaps within a year even.

Which makes me think that maybe DC is growing to be too time-consuming and frustrating for me. sad.gif

Tell me about it. I'm seriously toeing that 21 dragon limit on my scroll. Thankfully, a couple of the hatchlings will grow up before then. I just have to keep myself from nabbing anything more from the AP though. Especially since I'm running out of pink females. laugh.gif

I've seen this happen on releases before. Someone goes through the news thread and randomly adds posters to every hatchery they can so they can kill their eggs.

I had that happen to me with one of the Royal Crimson hatchlings. Went to bed with normal views, woke up to a sick hatchling with 13k views. Even though I immediately fogged it and tried to find where it was posted, it still died. Upset me quite a bit. If I ever catch who did that, I'll slice and dice and serve him/her up to all my dragons.

Several hours later, I finally have four.

All browns dry.gif

Loads of people need Browns - go trade! smile.gif

Hide your scroll & fog anything delicate (eggs/hatchies with more than 6days 12hrs) whenever you're away for more than 4-5hrs. The only way unfortunately. sad.gif

I normally just hide my scroll during big releases like this. That or hide the eggs right after I grab them, since I fear of them getting sick. :X Then it's later that I un-fog them once they're ready to hatch/grow. xd.png

Edited by DarkFire1

I caught an extra copper copper (forest). If somebody needs it and will be online between 2AM and 2:30AM cave time to accept a transfer link, send me a PM. I'm going to want three slots for tomorrow anyway.

Huzzah! After more misclicks than I care to think about, I finally have a pair of each influenced and incubated on my scroll. smile.gif

Hmmm... From what I've seen, the Green is in the Coast, the Tan is in the Desert and Volcano, and the Orange is in the Forest. blink.gif

But nebula has same egg sprite and they appears in desert. New eggs have other sprites egg and moreover they appears in different habitats.

Yes - but you catch all of them in the biomes - unlike the Black/Vine Alts - that are breed only.

That is why I think of them in the same manner as Nebbies. The big difference is that you know what you get when you grab the egg with these ones. You don't know about Nebbies until they gender.

Hmmm... From what I've seen, the Green is in the Coast, the Tan is in the Desert and Volcano, and the Orange is in the Forest. blink.gif

Indeed, snatched from a previous post:

Red = Alpine, Forest

Brown = Desert, Volcano

Green = Coast, Jungle

Yup!

Red = Alpine, Forest

Brown = Desert, Volcano

Green = Coast, Jungle

EDIT:

DOH! ninja.gif'd by my own post! biggrin.gif

Edited by Blue Nadir

Yup!

Red = Alpine, Forest

Brown = Desert, Volcano

Green = Coast, Jungle

EDIT: