TJ09

2013-05-26 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 5

Grrr no luck last drop only aiming for one of each alt myself today but still only have reddish one *sigh*

On my pretty smelling pink one's, one of them has hatched and had to fog both ... again dry.gif

Gaaah we still have 2 more days to go after this! It feels like TJ has been upping his game with every new release this week. I dread to think what'll happen if the day 6 or day 7 eggs are even more exciting than these - how will people deal with the conflict?

I broke my 2-per-day-only rule today and got 3, 1 of each colour, but other than that I daren't fill up any day because I simply refuse to AP my catches on this. ninja.gif

I finally managed to trade, so I now have at least one of each color.

The color variations are pretty, and the hatchies are so cute!

Wonderful job spriting, Fiona BlueFire! smile.gif

Argh I'm really scared about tomorrow as I will only have 1 slot. I've got to find a method of obtaining 2 more. sad.gif What if the ones tomorrow are super rare/super awesome??

These coppers are extremely exciting though. I love the idea of a new metal. laugh.gif I just wish there wasn't three colors. dry.gif

I think everyone's right and they must be copper-themed dragons; they're the colors of a new penny, an old penny, and copper patina, and if the name fits in the Cs, it seems like a sure bet.

Now that you mention that (copper, polished copper, patina), I think it has to be copper ! (And DC wiki says it sorts between Coastal Waverunner and Dark Green, so Copper would fit there, too.)

They gendered. And they still look so adorable ! The little guys make me smile with their single forlock spiking out so adventurously. And the girls look really pretty already, like a powerful, imposing dragon - pocketsized. laugh.gif I'm really in love with these dragons, I hope the adults keep up the great work !

And I already read some more posts speculating about TJ sitting there, amusing himself. Perhaps one day someone should design a mighty dragon, leaning back in a rocking chair with a cup of hot coffee/tea/chocolate, chortling some puffs of smoke with a highly amused expression. wink.gif

Doncha think that if this new beastie WAS a Copper Dragon, all those posts with the name Copper Dragon would have been edited by our ever-vigilant mods?

I'm having trouble thinking about how to get some of each color and still have egg space for the next two days' eggs. I don't really want to drop any of the ones I've been lucky enough to get (I'll swap one of the green ones for an orange with mah hub).

Maybe they aren't copper, but the name really seems to fit - what with colors and egg descriptions.

Gah, still at just one. My iPad's not fast enough :/

I accidentally caught everything else in the cave except one of the new eggs this morning, and now I'm locked.. XD

Edited by Bernouli

I snagged 4 of the D5 eggs and I'm keeping them all. I wanted at least a pair of one color and got two greens and one of each of the others. I can grab one of the newest eggs at midnight, but I'll have to wait until 3 a.m to catch more. Hopefully it all works out, and I can still get all 7...

This is such an exciting event! It's a pain in the arse in some ways, but it's so much fun that it really doesn't matter. I love this kind of chaos going on day after day, but I must say it'll be nice to have quiet again when it's over. tongue.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

Finally got a chance to see the hatchlings. They are so cute.

I hope that tomorrow's release isn't quite as....Ah, exciting? No doubt that they'll be amazing, but I'm hoping for something where I'll be happy with only 1 of...

Copper seems to fit like a glove. But I'm curious now about breeding. Since the alts are specific to a biome, does that mean they'll behave like stripes? Breed to a water and get green. Breed to a "hot" dragon and get brown etc.

Edited by Vhale

The coloring on these babies is just fantastic. I'm in love with them all. I can already tell that the adults are going to be incredibly beautiful if the colors now are any indicator. smile.gif I must say the brown is my favorite.

Edited by MedievalMystic

Fiona BlueFire - I love the adorable hatchies! Great job. Absolutely beautiful!

I'll have to trade later for the Oranges. I'm not dumping any of the ones I have and I've got to save space for tonight and tomorrow night!

One thing that I wish we had more of is hatchie slots. (and of course, egg slots) but I'm one egg/hatchie away from hatchie lock so I need my Black Caps to grow up on time tonight or I'm going to be stuck for tonight's release. blink.gif

I am hoping tonight is quiet and easy because with TJ pulling these beauties out on Day 5 (6 total variations on one breed) and with the fact that he's had a warning up all along about them being permanent and to relax, I have a feeling that Monday night's release is going to be a doozy! Maybe I'm reading something into that when I shouldn't but TJ is sneaky, lol.

I just wonder if he has a finale planned (i.e. fireworks big bang endings) that we're all going to be scrambling around for... especially since a lot of us misclicked in the early rounds and got set back 5 hours waiting to be able to abandon them and get back to the hunt. I know that messed a lot of time-lines up.

This has been a fantastic birthday week though - each egg/hatchling/adult sprite is so different from the others and all of them have been so well done. Thanks TJ for planning such a great party! laugh.gif

Noooooo! I mean yes love the eggies! BUT I HAS NO ROOM FOR TWO OF EACH! TT Will have to grab two and then hold off until the I have two of each breed. xd.png

Stress levels gone up hahahahaha neeeeed slooooots!!

Yay! I finally caught one! Now I have to wait for my day 3s to hatch to try for more. The question is, do I stick to plan and just try to grab four for the day, or do I use up that extra slot from yesterday, and only leave myself two slots for tomorrow. Oh, the decisions!! Gah!!

Although if this morning is any indication, just nabbing any more of them at all might be a challenge.

I'm hoping for another hybrid tomorrow that I can hold off on breeding until I have room! I just had to get two of each of these... couldn't help myself lol

Argh. Misclicked a Magi which will have to be dumped at 3:40, but managed to snag a brown/orange one of these. c: I'm hoping to get one of each color and then trade for mates... *nudges Shimmers forward as trading fodder* X]

~Feathers