TJ09

2013-05-26 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 5

Maybe the reason why some people aren't is because they're tired of the grabby, "I didn't have any wahh how come others do!" that seem to be prevalent among some users in DC.

im sure not all users like that, well not me. I mostly offer something value to pay back if they ok with it.

I hate it when people are freaken greedy over this eggs to get a full set and even more to "satisfied themselves" some people like me dont even have a chance to even have 1 egg. This eggs are consider "extinct" because of this.

I understand where you're coming from. It took three years of playing before I was even able to get a Silver, and that was because I traded for it. I got my first Gold after two years, and that was a gift. However, calling people greedy for wanting a set of them is a little overboard, especially as they are dimorphic. I like to have two of each dragon, or four if I'm able to get that many. I didn't have the room for six of these, so only caught three, and had to trade to get the colour I didn't have.

These aren't as rare as metallics, it's been stated before that they are not rares. Like all new releases they are high in demand, perhaps moreso because of the three alternate colours. People cannot breed these yet, there's still a day or more before we start seeing adults appear. I'll certainly be breeding mine and gifting accordingly, but not everyone wishes to gift. I personally gifted six new release eggs, I wasn't obliged to do this, I just wanted to.

It's great you've managed to obtain one of the Coppers, good luck on getting more. smile.gif

Maybe the reason why some people aren't is because they're tired of the grabby, "I didn't have any wahh how come others do!" that seem to be prevalent among some users in DC.

Also this...I specifically don't gift to whiners.

Hahah, this too~ It's like when someone comes to you and is like, "Heyyy you should breed me your Gold dragon and give me the egg because I don't have any, and besides you have like, over ten of them anyways!"

Just, no.

I understand where you're coming from. It took three years of playing before I was even able to get a Silver, and that was because I traded for it. I got my first Gold after two years, and that was a gift. However, calling people greedy for wanting a set of them is a little overboard, especially as they are dimorphic. I like to have two of each dragon, or four if I'm able to get that many. I didn't have the room for six of these, so only caught three, and had to trade to get the colour I didn't have.

These aren't as rare as metallics, it's been stated before that they are not rares. Like all new releases they are high in demand, perhaps moreso because of the three alternate colours. People cannot breed these yet, there's still a day or more before we start seeing adults appear. I'll certainly be breeding mine and gifting accordingly, but not everyone wishes to gift. I personally gifted six new release eggs, I wasn't obliged to do this, I just wanted to.

It's great you've managed to obtain one of the Coppers, good luck on getting more. smile.gif

Thank you, you seams to be an understanding user. Im still not sure if its going to end up like bluesang dragon

So, are these officially metals, like Golds and Silvers?

So, are these officially metals, like Golds and Silvers?

I think they're metals technically, but it's been stated over and over that they will not be rares. The creator herself said that they won't be rare.

By now few people should have adults to breed with.

I caught my first one minutes into the release, so that one of mine is a good example to use math-wise.

Egg stolen on May 26, 2013 -> incubated, so will hatch with the first of the breed.

Hatched on May 28, 2013 -> with incubation, eggs must have at least 48 hours from newly stolen to hatchling. The only exception is forcing it by using the "kill" action, which results in dead eggs more than live hatchlings.

Right now my oldest copper hatchling is at 5 days 1 hour to grow up. That means it will grow up just after midnight cave time tomorrow. NO ONE BUT TJ HAS ADULTS.

So, no. No one has adults to breed with yet.

By now few people should have adults to breed with.

No.

No one has adults yet but TJ.

I have 6 coppers caught, starting from 12 minutes after the first dropped and all hatched with incubate, not more than 1 hour after midnight. They won't be adults for a full day yet.

Add to that, many people had trouble hatching their coppers because the site got laggy and AoTN went down. So the adults will be late.

And I gifted 3. One of each color. And released one person from a day 5 trade IOU so they could catch for themselves instead.

Very beautiful dragons! I'm going to use them a lot in lineages biggrin.gif

Three colors give us many interesting options to choose from smile.gif

I really hope the tarnished one breeds tarnished babies, the verdigris breeds more verdigris and so on. But on the other hand, if they all breed random color, it can be interesting for a purebred project tongue.gif

but again, as I posted before, you could do a pretty cool gradient with just these, if they bred pure.

still super excited to find out.

Ok, I'm taking breeding requests right now on the IRC (free eggs from pairs of your choice including CB metals).

On topic, I think that the sprites look awesome, particularly the colours.

These are even more beautiful than I remember. I definitely look forward to collecting lots of these, that's for sure. And so many lineage possibilities! biggrin.gif

Fiona and Nakase, you both did a wonderful job. Thank you for the awesome new addition to the cave. <3

No.

No one has adults yet but TJ.

I have 6 coppers caught, starting from 12 minutes after the first dropped and all hatched with incubate, not more than 1 hour after midnight. They won't be adults for a full day yet.

Add to that, many people had trouble hatching their coppers because the site got laggy and AoTN went down. So the adults will be late.

And I gifted 3. One of each color. And released one person from a day 5 trade IOU so they could catch for themselves instead.

I respect that and what you did. I didn't know, forgive me.

Thank you, you seams to be an understanding user. Im still not sure if its going to end up like bluesang dragon

Thank you. In regards to the Blusang dragons, I sure hope not, but I think the rarity with Blusangs is user created. Then again, I haven't seen many drop, but I'm also a lousy rare catcher in regards to metals and anything in the Coast. Going off topic here so I'll get back on track. smile.gif

The adults of these Coppers look awesome; I'll have to think of what dragons to pair them with. Maybe something orange for the orange toned, something green for the green toned and something brown, or red for the brown toned Copper. It will be hard to decide, so many choices. laugh.gif

im sure not all users like that, well not me. I mostly offer something value to pay back if they ok with it.

During this week long release I've seen

-people complaining that others are being greedy and "hoarding" even though the maker of this game-TJ-said multiple times that there isn't such a thing and that people are free to play the game however they like

-people telling gifters, of all people, to stop catching; some of those gifters did not intentionally catch extras.

-people suggesting that people have a "limit" when new releases are out, even though new releases are not like holidays in that they're permanent

-people whining about not getting their dragons on the departure thread and how much they hate this game

-people messaging me to give up my dragons to them, HA

So no. No gifting, just trading for me. I need to collect my sprites, and then I'm done anyways. Which is, in the copper's case, 1 pair of adults, 1 pair of gendered hatchlings, and 1 ungendered hatchling each.

I hardly think that's a case of being "greedy" or "hoarding".

Edited by ylangylang

Thank you. In regards to the Blusang dragons, I sure hope not, but I think the rarity with Blusangs is user created. Then again, I haven't seen many drop, but I'm also a lousy rare catcher in regards to metals and anything in the Coast. Going off topic here so I'll get back on track. smile.gif

The adults of these Coppers look awesome; I'll have to think of what dragons to pair them with. Maybe something orange for the orange toned, something green for the green toned and something brown, or red for the brown toned Copper. It will be hard to decide, so many choices. laugh.gif

I think Tri-Horn Wyverns will look very nice with these (male THW/female brown/orange Copper, then female THW/male Green Copper!) biggrin.gif

I'm glad i managed to catch one of each color of these xd.png

now i can breed them with my holidays and drop eggus into the AP for those who couldn't catch any.

I hate it when people are freaken greedy over this eggs to get a full set and even more to "satisfied themselves" some people like me dont even have a chance to even have 1 egg. This eggs are consider "extinct" because of this.

What's greedy? There is no greed here, TJ himself has said so. I got a "full set", two of each kind, plus 2 I'm going to gift once they gender. I refuse to feel guilty just because YOU didn't get what YOU wanted.

I think it's really unfair to call others greedy. If you can't catch one, there are trades going now for those dragons, and a lot of the asking prices are really cheap. If you are new, well, that's part of the incentive of the game, to work at getting what you want. Took me 5 years, but I'm there now.

I would have gifted to you had you not whined, and just asked, but I'm not very inclined to based on your attitude.

The game is for everyone to play as they wish, within the rules, and lots of opportunitys for those not as fast at catching. And many would be willing to gift of their own largess, if asked nicely, and not accused of being greedy. That tends to turn people off.

There will come a time, if you stay with the game, when you will have everything too, and then you will understand when you see newbies whining why it kinda gets to the rest of us.

Is it just me or this wyvers look almost like from the dragons from Game of Thrones?

1 green --> green copper

1 black --> brown copper

1 goldish/whitish -->redish copper

IDK about the rest of you, but I'm going to collect a ton of these biggrin.gif

What's greedy? There is no greed here, TJ himself has said so. I got a "full set", two of each kind, plus 2 I'm going to gift once they gender. I refuse to feel guilty just because YOU didn't get what YOU wanted.

I think it's really unfair to call others greedy. If you can't catch one, there are trades going now for those dragons, and a lot of the asking prices are really cheap. If you are new, well, that's part of the incentive of the game, to work at getting what you want. Took me 5 years, but I'm there now.

I would have gifted to you had you not whined, and just asked, but I'm not very inclined to based on your attitude.

The game is for everyone to play as they wish, within the rules, and lots of opportunitys for those not as fast at catching. And many would be willing to gift of their own largess, if asked nicely, and not accused of being greedy. That tends to turn people off.

There will come a time, if you stay with the game, when you will have everything too, and then you will understand when you see newbies whining why it kinda gets to the rest of us.

before raging about anything please continue reading in this page -.-'

Is it just me or this wyvers look almost like from the dragons from Game of Thrones?

1 green --> green copper

1 black --> brown copper

1 goldish/whitish -->redish copper

Drogon is black and red, Rhaegal is green and bronze, Viserion is white and gold. That's hardly similar.

Drogon is black and red, Rhaegal is green and bronze, Viserion is white and gold. That's hardly similar.

there 3 colors and they wyvers is that count? wink.gif

Please don't fight on here.... if you have to Pm each other or just let it go!!! Riverwillow and Misgavr

Edited by Destiny Arts

Those adults look so beautiful ; u;

Luckily I panicked when the new eggs started appearing everywhere and randomly grabbed them from all 6 biomes which resulted in getting all 3 variations of it (panicked a second time when I noticed the eggs are in 3 different color after going back to my cave to see what I cought)

All in all, had great time catching the anniversary eggs and figuring out how to escape egg locks.