TJ09

2013-05-25 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 4

I'm sad that we won't be able to get these as lineage starters, they are so pretty <3

I'm sad that we won't be able to get these as lineage starters, they are so pretty <3

That's how I feel about the Soul Keepers. I'd love to have a lineage of nothing but those.

Weee...*shoves egg into click site* I can't wait until mine hatch, they're going to be so (ferocious) cute!

I'd love purple and orange together.

Hmm I'm not a huge fan of orange, but maybe if it wasn't a lot of orange...

I'm not going to have room for the next egg if I can't keep myself out of the desert. I keep grabbing exotics. xd.png lol

So, which biome tonight? Alpine? Forest? Jungle?? I'm thinking maybe Jungle???

I REALLY can't wait to see these adults! :DDDD I bet they're gonna look so amazing!!! *squees and runs around TJ's set, pushing carrots and apples into their mouths* Grow babies, GROWWWW!!

[walks up to the pony, at right angles to his shoulder] Hullo there, little one…

[quickly but not roughly, taking hold of halter]

[pony Dagon tries to bite]

[instantly make pony dragon back up in a circle, popping him in the chest with a birch twig, for three intense seconds] Now let's try that again. Hullo there, little one.

[pony dragon strikes and tries to bite again]

[back fiercely for three seconds, growling]

Lather, rinse, repeat until he stops kicking and biting.

"Good boooooyyyyyyy, I don't hate ya." [scritch scritch]

I know I can do this because Hellfires are nice if they're not raised by Hellfires. And the other parent is a sweetheart. Just needs to be alpha mared, that's all.

[ edited for spellcheck derpage]

Edited by Xocowolf

I love the Tanglewyrm and would faint if we get that one! xd.png It is one of my favorite dragon concepts.

Speaking of "easterns", the Tanglewyrm is my very favourite dragon of all times. I really hope it gets released soon!

This.

Although, it's nice to have another of Lyzar's sprites in-cave, even if it's not the Tanglewyrm yet biggrin.gif I bred my two! Thanks again, TJ and spriters <3

I think this would make a terrific "Heaven and Hell" even-gen with Soulpeaces.

And they'll look nice with Ultraviolets, too smile.gif

Ooh, good idea! smile.gif

I've got to say, I'm not unhappy about this. I had no trouble getting the eggs during drops. Hatching them all in seven days with only eight Reds in my arsenal? That was becoming difficult.

I tried to breed one, anyway, and got a Hellfire egg. Just as well. More time to get the ones from the first three days hatched.

Ooh! Yes! Very cool idea.

Oh my gosh, I can't wait for these to grow.

I thought I couldn't get more excited than with a new two-headed dragon, but these look like they're going to be stellar.

And we see who the horse expert is here xd.png

Mock Up of said lineage

... also, is it just me or is every fansite on slug power right now? Taking forever to get views even though using 4 sites.

Right now, we're all loading eggs/hatchies into fansites and I'm not sure if everyone's aware of the need to add that many more Views to ensure hatching/maturing.

I'm pretty tired, but I'll try to provide a basic explanation, with the caveat that 'my brain no good', lol.

If too few people provide fansite Views, not only are those View levels lower, but the proportion of U Views to Views becomes too low as well, slowing down the process even more, and also making dragons more prone to Sickness.

It's really important that we give at least some Views back to the fansites we use, and even if we can't do it then, to come back later to do so, because we can only get from fansites what we put in in the first place.

WE are the only source of Views for our dragons.

When I use several ERs, I can only run one or maybe a couple while the dragons are actually in, and then later give ER Views at the other places, same with regular fansites.

Viewers can be running on our puters while we poke around the forums, or at any time we aren't hunting, and if we don't do this, we're not going to have our dragons crack, hatch, mature and grow up at the earliest opportunity but possibly very late - and even Sick - indeed.

During the event, I've been running various Viewers for a few hours each during the day and early evening.

Once it starts getting on toward an hour or so before Drop-time for the next Release, I shut down, run C-Cleaner, do a restart, and come back fresh, and this works for me.

After hunting is done, I can start running another fansite or two light ones while reading through the threads.

No muss, no fuss, no bother, but it helps to keep the process going.

If we all ran Views, even for just a few minutes, on each fansite we add dragons to, we'd be doing well.

If enough of us do it, we get by.

If not, the system breaks down.

Hope that makes some sense to anyone unsure of how dragon-raising works, lol.

[walks up to the pony, at right angles to his shoulder] Hullo there, little one…

[quickly but not roughly, taking hold of halter]

[pony Dagon tries to bite]

[instantly make pony dragon back up in a circle, popping him in the chest with a birch twig, for three intense seconds] Now let's try that again. Hullo there, little one.

[pony dragon strikes and tries to bite again]

[back fiercely for three seconds, growling]

Lather, rinse, repeat until he stops kicking and biting.

"Good boooooyyyyyyy, I don't hate ya." [scritch scritch]

I know I can do this because Hellfires are nice if they're not raised by Hellfires. And the other parent is a sweetheart. Just needs to be alpha mared, that's all.

[ edited for spellcheck derpage]

*rolls on floor, laughing uncontrollably*

Yeah, a little approach and retreat, day after day after day, with a whole lot of patience, love, a foot stomp that really means it, and sometimes, a very fast elbow! <3

My eggs have been hatching with 1500 some-odd views and 600 some-odd UVs within a minute of the 4d mark, only one has gotten sick.

Whoa I just noticed the Teimarrs had already grown up. They look gorgeous! I love their colors.

They look fantastic. I love their colors, especially the females' colors. biggrin.gif

Edited by NekoA

Syphoneira I agree and when I can I have a couple open and running. I need views and so do others and it is only right to help

I love all the dragons so far but I really like todays cause of Mom she love the Hellfire's

btw a certain person helped me today to get the eggs to name for Mom since mine would not breed true. Thank you again to that certain person

It's really important that we give at least some Views back to the fansites we use, and even if we can't do it then, to come back later to do so, because we can only get from fansites what we put in in the first place.

WE are the only source of Views for our dragons.

Agreed and thank you for the clear explanation (which I hope people will go back and read, though I didn't quote in full).

I've had views open for the fansites I use pretty much whenever I'm not hunting dragons. I appreciate everyone else who runs views whenever they can, even if it's just for a little while (remember you can let them run while you're asleep or not at home smile.gif )

I absolutely LOVE the Day 4 sprites! With their little flaming hooves xd.png They look like what I always wished the hellsteeds in World of Warcraft looked like. Don't get me wrong, I like WoW's hellsteeds, but if they looked like this they'd be EPIC.

Many thanks to the spriter for these. I can't wait to see the adults, I bet they're stunning!

I use eggs around the world's high speed viewer when I'm away from my computer. I have unlimited internet so it's not hurting me to leave it open.