TJ09

2013-05-25 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 4

-removed and added to your post above this one- Edited by rubyshoes

I already have my three of these, only had one breeding fail.

The bad thing about this is that CB horses for my other breeding projects are going to go scarce.

Nice hatchies! smile.gif I like that there's the colour difference with them, like with the hellfires. happy.gif

Yes, me too. I love that! smile.gif hopefully they won't have fire shooting out their nostrils.

Edited by imperatrica101

Just a reminder, I have personally found that self-bred eggs are particularly delicate, I would be especially careful about putting them in fansites.

The gendered sprites are to die for. Hats off, LadyLyzar biggrin.gif

I broke my rule for this week of "get two eggs now & more after the rush" . . . I have four of these now & have to juggle to make sure I can get the rest of the new releases the night they are released. Bad me. But these (and the other three also) are just so Pretty! WTG TJ & spriters! biggrin.gif

I now have one of the Day 4 eggs, thanks to a very kind player who gifted me one! To bad my breeding pairs wouldn't give me one, then I could have a set.

I'm really glad it was a hybrid release today since I've been working most of today and I'm going out again soon. I was worried I woudn't have time today to get the new eggs smile.gif.

A Breeding only Dragon eh?  For some reason this Dragon makes me think it can be obtained by breeding a Horse Dragon with a Hellfire Dragon.

Anybody think this would probably be called a Nightmare Dragon?

They not only get bred by Hellfires and Horses but also get listed between them when sorted by breed. Therefore I don't really think that their name will start with "N". wink.gif

Edited by Nyastara

Ah, I should have kept those Hellfire Wyverns when I had the chance! There'll be harder to catch now, at least for a while.

Those hatchlings are gorgeous! I love the wings! wub.gif

Different colours for the male and female, just like the Hellfires ! That's neat ! So many great possibilities for combination in breeding !

Now it's still almost three days till we know what the adults will look like ! Argh. wink.gif

@CompletelyDifferent:

I'm completely with you in the fact that intelligence doesn't necessitate having specific moral standards. (Although I think that with self awareness there almost for sure will come some reflexions about what is "right" and what is "wrong", only the outcome may differ widely.) I only brought up the intelligence/self awareness issue to emphasise the difference to simple animal behaviour.

And I have nothing against the range of different behaviour throughout the DC species. But as I find certain systems of morality more compatible with my own, and/or preferable to others when it comes to interaction of individuals or species, I like some breeds' behaviour more, some's less, and that of a few not at all.

A dragon species doesn't have to be the "good guys of the year [according to the standards of a post-Enlightenment Western European civilisation]" for me to like it, but if their natural tendency and cultural expression is just (for example) plain brutal and mean as the dominating characteristics, I don't want to have much to do with it. Personal preference. I don't want to say there must not be such breeds in DC, you just won't find them (or will find only a few individuals of them) on my scroll.

I guess the part where we differ most is the one about whether (or rather which) dragons here should be seen as animals or/and which as sentient. (Thanks, by the way, that was the word I was going for, it just slipped my mind till now. That's what you get for not being a native speaker, I guess.) And I freely confess, I'm not very good in seeing dragons just as animals with magic. Spoiled by (some) legend and (most) fantasy, I guess. wink.gif That's why I am always happy when I get some "cultural" infos in the breed description, and not pure biological facts.

I won't be online for the rest of the day, so let me say thank you for an interesting exchange of thoughts at this point already.

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

What about it being called the Hellhorse dragon?

Welp, I have the perfect number of CB Horses and CB Hellfires to make this work... I've got one eggy, and now I just need my day 2s to get below 4 days and incubate them, and then I'm good to go! =D

~Feathers

Oh wow! Just saw the female S2 and it is amazing. I love the color difference in these just like the Hellfire parent. But I may have to rethink what I was planning for lineages. I guess I will wait until we have adults to make up my mind. I bred both of mine with female HFs and influenced them opposite, but I may have a male hatchie to give away later if the adults turn out like I think they will based on what I see now. wink.gif

Love the hatchlings (missed the s1 so I'll have to go see it on the wiki).

Oh mah God the gendered hatchies D:

They are beautiful! Hellfire Horses lawl

Um yeah. I traded a couple of my hellxhorse eggs for fresher ones. Looks like I'm going to have to wait till later to grab day 6 eggs... >.> LOL. At least I'm gonna have space for one to begin with.