TJ09

2013-05-25 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 4

These dragons kind of remind me of the Enoxes on Magistream...just not as tall or skinny, but they sound like a big handful to handle, but it's expected given their fiery parents

So far I only have one problem with these guys - the Hellfires. Their sprites are OK, albeit not among my favourites, but the character of the females (who are the sprite I like better, ironically), is quite repulsive. All in all not a species that I want in greater numbers on my scroll (that's why I only have 5 CBs, one a leftover that I couldn't manage to trade away before it grew up). And I'm not really happy that the Hybrid seems to inherit its character from the Hellfire side. (Although I love the description of the hatchling !! The "not cute at all" where almost every other dragon has the cute is just hilarious !!) But perhaps the new ones will at least be evil in a "cool" way, not just petty and mean like the Hellfire females.

I think I'll wait with the breeding till the release is over, and use the free slots to get one more of each new breed still to come. (Catching a few more from the first three days seems impossible, haven't seen one of them in the biomes in the last two hours.)

Heh, I'm not the only one who actually cares about a breed's temperament as much as its sprites!

In my case, it was the Royal Crimsons whose breed description put me off taking more than two of them. Hellfire Wyverns I can deal with- it's explicit that their ill tempers and pettiness aren't a natural feature so much as something they learn from other Hellfires, so I can easily rationalize that my firsts will be raised by other dragon species and thus break the cycle. The bullying and entitlement complexes of the Crimsons, not so much.

Sadly, I have no horse dragons so I'm going to have to just wait this one out. Would it be 'cheating' if I added the day's candle to my sig anyway?

Can anyone tell me the combination?

Pretty sure it's been mentioned before, but it's Horse x Hellfire.

Heh, I'm not the only one who actually cares about a breed's temperament as much as its sprites!

In my case, it was the Royal Crimsons whose breed description put me off taking more than two of them. Hellfire Wyverns I can deal with- it's explicit that their ill tempers and pettiness aren't a natural feature so much as something they learn from other Hellfires, so I can easily rationalize that my firsts will be raised by other dragon species and thus break the cycle. The bullying and entitlement complexes of the Crimsons, not so much.

Sadly, I have no horse dragons so I'm going to have to just wait this one out. Would it be 'cheating' if I added the day's candle to my sig anyway?

People REALLY read this much into pixeldragons? blink.gif Not liking the art/sprite, I can understand... But traditional dragons are in general covetous and brutish beasts, which is why they end up dead in most stories.

Kind of obvious, Hellfire and Horse.

Anyway, I don't see anything wrong with the Hellfire's description. A lot of animals in nature are dominated by the feminine breed, hyenas are big ones, then there's some lemurs and such.

Aggressiveness in the female can easy come from having to survive in a harsh environment like the volcano too

Pretty sure it's been mentioned before, but it's Horse x Hellfire.

Thank you! smile.gif

Seems that I have no horses... sleep.gif

Edited by imperatrica101

I just bred two of these. That is all I have room for, but I think it is enough for now anyway. I can always breed more later.

The hatchies are delicate, yet feisty, eh? I love the color. I hope the adults are similar in color but not too horselike.

Oh good!!! The fact that these are obtainable only by breeding REALLY helps me with the rest of the releases. laugh.gif I can always try for these after the release is over, saving me room to catch the rest. I am running out of red dragons to incubate. xd.png

With my own Hellfire flocks, I made up this story that the older Dragons, knowing the general infamy of the breed as a whole, put other Dragons in charge of raising the Hellfire hatchlings. So, most of them have Whites as their surrogate mothers and fathers, except for my first male who has a Guardian as his surrogate mother and a BBW as surrogate sister. Given that, according to the description, Hellfires raised with non-violent Dragons can be more mellow and develop even tempers, I think they're easier to rationalize. I don't collect Royal Crimsons for the same reason. While I don't mind bad behaviors to some extent (Say hello to my Misfits...), I really dislike Royals' spoiled temperament. It's even worse than that of Luminas; At least they're just narcissistic.

Then again, I'm a person who mates her Mint with a Red. Carry on... xd.png

I sort of hope the adults are slim and noodley. They're already looking like a purple horse.

First try and it works today is a lucky day!!! laugh.gif

Edited by Draconis92

glad someone figured it out! never would have guessed horse and hellfire pairing.

when the egg description said it shook violently when touched i thought whiptail because their eggs shakes. also upon seeing the hatchies, i still thought whiptail had to be one of them because they had a long whip-like tail. then i read a few posts and went to the wiki and i was really really wrong.

i like the coloring of them so far. can't wait to see what they look like when they grow up. never disappointed!

Kind of obvious, Hellfire and Horse.

Anyway, I don't see anything wrong with the Hellfire's description. A lot of animals in nature are dominated by the feminine breed, hyenas are big ones, then there's some lemurs and such.

Aggressiveness in the female can easy come from having to survive in a harsh environment like the volcano too

Exactly this. And nature, as a whole, can be pretty brutish and nasty. Female hamsters eat their own children; male lions will naturally kill the cubs of any other male. War is common in hundreds of breeds. Having dragons that reflect this (especially considering that most traditional dragons were meant to be terrible monsters) is awesome.

Anyway, I'm liking where the Hell Horses are going. Very interesting hatchy sprites.

I absolutely love that these hatchies come with attitude. It's fun to have a dragon-y dragon. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

Seems that I have some bad luck with these since my Horse x Hellfire pair hates each other... =_=

Edit: Thank you, Sir Barton! *-*

Edited by Leafeonne

These look so cool! To bad I only have two horse dragons and neither of them gave me the new egg when crossed with a Hellfire.

I bred two of these. I always get nervous when hybrids come out 'cause you never know if you'll breed one or not.

I want to see if a violent hatchling becomes a calm adult, or if they just get more aggressive.

I had only 1 successful breeding and I gave it to my bf so he can enjoy the breed D: This breed is so beautiful unsure.gif Wish I had one...

Woah the gendered hatchie is different than I expected. Loving where this is going though.

Ooooooh, I'm loving the S2 hatchies! Orange and purple, yes please!

Also I'm interested by the 'maybe something is happening?' thing in the S2's description, I wonder why that's different.

Edited by silver_chan