TJ09

2013-05-23 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 2

Ahhhhhhh one of my red babies is sick! @_@ Don't be sick! No! *fogs all the red babies* No!!!! it's one of the ones I Influenced. @_@

I was able to get enough reds, not pinks. crossing my fingers won't have to sit in the gender swap thread to long. xd.png

i am in the same boat. i have enough reds but not pinks too. i am not going to worry about it. they gender how they gender i can always get more later they are permanent

I have enough of both, though I will only influence two out of the three, and I doubt I will influence any dragons that don't have dimorphism.

Ahhhhhhh one of my red babies is sick! @_@ Don't be sick! No! *fogs all the red babies* No!!!! it's one of the ones I Influenced. @_@

Mine have been sick on and off all day, as long as you fog it it should be alright in an hour or so X'D

that's because they do LOL

That's me. Late Lacie. Or whatever a good term is for that. I never have the time to get online since my state is being flooded by godforsaken rain. Library is a hop skip and a river of mud away!

Mine have been sick on and off all day, as long as you fog it it should be alright in an hour or so X'D

Same here. My find from yesterday and my shimmer have been taking turns getting sick. I fog for 2hrs and 4 hours after i unfog one is sick again

For those of you who want 3 of each release:

There's a lot of sickness going around. Remember that new releases bring a lot of extra traffic to fansites. Your eggs will get views faster than usual and may get sick easily. Keep them out of fansites for their first 12-24 hours. Incubating will not protect them!

With a gold trophy: (also works with a Silver trophy)

*at least 18 incubates needed*

3 on day 1 (a ) = 3/21 [3 eggs]

3 on day 2 (B ) = 6/21 [6 eggs]

3 on day 3 (c ) - the third egg later in the day and (a ) hatches = 9/21 [6 eggs/3 hatchlings]

3 on day 4 (d ) - the third egg later in the day and (b ) hatches = 12/21 [6 egg/6 hatchlings]

3 on day 5 (e ) - the third egg later on and (c ) hatches = 15/21 [6 eggs/9 hatchlings]

3 on day 6 (f ) - the third egg later in the day, (d ) hatches, and (a ) grows up = 15/21 [6 eggs/9 hatchlings]

3 on day 7 (g ) - the third egg later on, (e ) hatches, and (b ) grows up = 15/21 [6 eggs/9 hatchlings]

No trophy, no incubates:

Day 1: take 2 eggs (A). Total: 2 eggs.

Day 2: take 1 egg (B ). Total: 3 eggs.

Day 3: take 1 egg ( c). Total: 4 eggs.

Day 4: (A) eggs hatch. Pick up 2 eggs. (D) Total: 4 eggs, 2 hatchlings.

Day 5: (b ) egg hatches. Pick up 1 egg. (E) Total: 4 eggs, 3 hatchlings.

Day 6: (c ) egg hatches. Pick up 1 egg. (F) Total: 4 eggs, 4 hatchlings.

Day 7: (D) eggs hatch. (A) hatchlings grow up. Pick up 2 eggs. (G) Total: 4 eggs, 4 hatchlings, 2 new adults.

No trophy, 14 incubates:

Day 1: take 2 eggs (A). Incubate them. Total: 2 eggs.

Day 2: take 2 eggs (B ). Incubate them. Total: 4 eggs.

Day 3: (A) eggs hatch. Pick up 2 eggs. (c ) Incubate them. Total: 4 eggs, 2 hatchlings.

Day 4: (b ) eggs hatch. Pick up 2 eggs. (D) Incubate them. Total: 4 eggs, 4 hatchlings.

Day 5: (c ) eggs hatch. Pick up 2 eggs. (E) Incubate them. Total: 4 eggs, 6 hatchlings.

Day 6: (D) eggs hatch. (A) hatchlings grow up. Pick up 2 eggs. (F) Incubate them. Total: 4 eggs, 6 hatchlings, 2 new adults.

Day 7: (E) eggs hatch. (b ) hatchlings grow up. Pick up 2 eggs. (G) Incubate them. Total: 4 eggs, 6 hatchlings, 4 new adults.

It works like that for all. All that changes is the number of eggs to pick up each day and the number of incubates you'll need. If you'd like, I'll chart them all that way.

Absolutely loving the colors on these little ones! I can't wait to see the adults.

I don't put my eggs in hatcheries until they need an ER, their just on my profiles at various places. And yet my eggies are still getting sick

This "every day a new one for 7 days" is realy exiting and I can't wait till tomorow the 3rd one shows up. Now I have to get my black cap to the fan sites. So it can hatch tomorow. So I am dubble exited. >.<

See ya tomorow and good night. (It' s half past one here in germany right now.)

I don't put my eggs in hatcheries until they need an ER, their just on my profiles at various places. And yet my eggies are still getting sick

You could be getting viewbombed. Maybe consider hiding your eggs completely for the first day, or even longer.

That aside, a new two-headed! This is so exciting, and completely worth losing sleep over.

My eggs are getting sick, too, including two I'm gifting. That's unusual, my eggs hardly ever get sick. I'm going to keep them fogged until late tonight as this is the second notice I've gotten today about sickness. :/

I'm totally locked up, so I'll have to wait until 10:30 - 11PM my time (Pacific) to catch Day 3 eggs.

S'okay, the first grabbing frenzy will be petering out a little by then and I was taking about an hour to catch my quota anyway.

I had a few troubles with sicknes, I just hid it for a little bit. Then I unjid it, and continued.

I've been seeing a lot of reports of sickness in these eggs. They seem to be a bit vulnerable. New eggs are getting sick even with less than 200 views, and getting sick again easily.

What I've done with mine was wait 6 to 8 hours before posting them at all, then posting them in only one fansite for another 4 to 6 hours. Then I add them to one more (and only one) and they look like they'll hatch right on time. They haven't gotten sick at all. You would have to be able to keep and eye on them though, as different fansites get different amounts of traffic. My day 1 eggs have about 1700 views each and large holes. They were caught at the initial midnight drop, or within that first 10 minutes, so they'll hatch right after midnight. My day 2 eggs are at about 500 views, and have been fine all day. They should hatch on time also.

For what it's worth, here's what I do and I never have sickness issues:

I influence and then incubate the eggs as soon as I catch them.

I wait about 10 - 12 hours, until they are down to something like 5 days 15 hours or less to hatch (remember, this is with incubate).

Then I add them to *one* fansite with good traffic ~ usually Allure of Neglected Dragons.

If they are still shy of cracking but only have a few hours to go until they hatch (for example, they are at 4 days 6 hours and haven't shown any cracks yet), I will add them to other fansites as well.

They don't get sick, they gain views steadily, and by the time they hit the 4d 0h mark, they are ready to ER for just a few minutes until they hatch. Works like a charm ^.^ (And, if the egg is especially valuable/irreplaceable to me, I still do fog it overnight just to be safe.)

Edited by jerusha

My 12th-hour Day One egg keeps getting sick. I put them all in a low-traffic fansite and the first three of each breed were just fine. I've only now put them in EAtW with 6 hours to go on Day Ones and 1d8h to go on the Day Twos.

I've left the chronically sick one off the fansites, it's cruising on its to-date clicks, views and uv's. They's at 1400+ and 200+ views, respectively, big holes in the Day Ones.

Edit to fix inaccuracies.

Edited by Xocowolf

waaa... just looked on DC wiki and i'm definitely going to have to freeze some hatchies cause they're just so darn cute.

For what it's worth, here's what I do and I never have sickness issues:

I influence and then incubate the eggs as soon as I catch them.

I wait about 10 - 12 hours, until they are down to something like 5 days 15 hours or less to hatch (remember, this is with incubate).

Then I add them to *one* fansite with good traffic ~ usually Allure of Neglected Dragons.

If they are still shy of cracking but only have a few hours to go until they hatch (for example, they are at 4 days 6 hours and haven't showed any cracks yet), I will add them to other fansites as well.

They don't get sick, they gain views steadily, and by the time they hit the 4d 0h mark, they are ready to ER for just a few minutes until they hatch. Works like a charm ^.^ (And, if the egg is especially valuable/irreplaceable to me, I still do fog it overnight just to be safe.)

Normally I:

Take egg

Leave it until 6d 20h at least

Put it into my normal three fansites

????

Profit!

And they never get sick so

I think my plan is fool-proof.

Wow! Only 9 users viewing Volcano biome right now! If you haven't gotten an egg yet, grab one now!

waaa... just looked on DC wiki and i'm definitely going to have to freeze some hatchies cause they're just so darn cute.

Couldn't you breed the hatches, instead of freezing CB's?

Oh wow - I love these sprites!

What an amazing job the spriter did. It is a really good thing these were day 2 and not day one because I probably would have locked myself with them!

smile.gif Almost time for the next set - I can't wait!