TJ09

2013-05-23 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 2

I am so tempted to use Earthquake but I won't. I'm not stupid. >.>

For those of you who want 3 of each release:

There's a lot of sickness going around. Remember that new releases bring a lot of extra traffic to fansites. Your eggs will get views faster than usual and may get sick easily. Keep them out of fansites for their first 12-24 hours. Incubating will not protect them!

With a gold trophy: (also works with a Silver trophy)

*at least 18 incubates needed*

3 on day 1 (a ) = 3/21 [3 eggs]

3 on day 2 (B ) = 6/21 [6 eggs]

3 on day 3 (c ) - the third egg later in the day and (a ) hatches = 9/21 [6 eggs/3 hatchlings]

3 on day 4 (d ) - the third egg later in the day and (b ) hatches = 12/21 [6 egg/6 hatchlings]

3 on day 5 (e ) - the third egg later on and (c ) hatches = 15/21 [6 eggs/9 hatchlings]

3 on day 6 (f ) - the third egg later in the day, (d ) hatches, and (a ) grows up = 15/21 [6 eggs/9 hatchlings]

3 on day 7 (g ) - the third egg later on, (e ) hatches, and (b ) grows up = 15/21 [6 eggs/9 hatchlings]

No trophy, no incubates:

Day 1: take 2 eggs (A). Total: 2 eggs.

Day 2: take 1 egg (B ). Total: 3 eggs.

Day 3: take 1 egg ( c). Total: 4 eggs.

Day 4: (A) eggs hatch. Pick up 2 eggs. (D) Total: 4 eggs, 2 hatchlings.

Day 5: (b ) egg hatches. Pick up 1 egg. (E) Total: 4 eggs, 3 hatchlings.

Day 6: (c ) egg hatches. Pick up 1 egg. (F) Total: 4 eggs, 4 hatchlings.

Day 7: (D) eggs hatch. (A) hatchlings grow up. Pick up 2 eggs. (G) Total: 4 eggs, 4 hatchlings, 2 new adults.

No trophy, 14 incubates:

Day 1: take 2 eggs (A). Incubate them. Total: 2 eggs.

Day 2: take 2 eggs (B ). Incubate them. Total: 4 eggs.

Day 3: (A) eggs hatch. Pick up 2 eggs. (c ) Incubate them. Total: 4 eggs, 2 hatchlings.

Day 4: (b ) eggs hatch. Pick up 2 eggs. (D) Incubate them. Total: 4 eggs, 4 hatchlings.

Day 5: (c ) eggs hatch. Pick up 2 eggs. (E) Incubate them. Total: 4 eggs, 6 hatchlings.

Day 6: (D) eggs hatch. (A) hatchlings grow up. Pick up 2 eggs. (F) Incubate them. Total: 4 eggs, 6 hatchlings, 2 new adults.

Day 7: (E) eggs hatch. (b ) hatchlings grow up. Pick up 2 eggs. (G) Incubate them. Total: 4 eggs, 6 hatchlings, 4 new adults.

It works like that for all. All that changes is the number of eggs to pick up each day and the number of incubates you'll need. If you'd like, I'll chart them all that way.

Yay for new Two-headed dragons! Really hoping their colors complement the ol ones.... *crosses fingers*

I think Vhale's assessment of why hunting seems to be easier is probably pretty accurate. What that plan doesn't account for is people who missed day one (or two) who will be rushing to fill their spots and catch up. But, by 4 or 5, it should be a little more sane at the cave and hopefully the drops will last longer than 2 minutes.

Might be just as laggy though, from people staring at their egg with a big hole in it, staring as the seconds tick by, refreshing and going "WHY YOU NO HATCH!" xd.png

Eep! So beautiful! I may have to hoard these alongside with Soulpeace!

At last my Two-heads have new hope in breeding!

Caught two, yay!

Though I'm not influencing... I'll just catch another after the release, whatever. I freaking don't have enough...

Edited by alphawolfhuskee

Oh goodness, i know i'm one of the one's watching their eggs waiting for the cracks.

I wanna see the adult pretties!! The suspense is killing me! x_x

Omg >:o I love these! They look so cute :3 glad they will be here FOREVER *echos* forever.... forever.... ever... for.... ever..... ever!

xd.png

So very tempted to snag a third egg, but I think I'll focus on getting a third egg of all of them once they're all released. That way I won't have to worry about locking myself. I'm so glad there's another two headed dragon now.

Speaking of which... I haven't posted one of these for a release in a long time. But here's one. Please do not link from my host! Upload to your own! Mine can't withstand a 7 day Dragon Cave release.

user posted image

By all means, feel free to edit it. As far as I know, the original was from a forum smiley set that was hitting another smiley. Someone else got the idea to put an egg in. Also I was lazy and didn't edit the stick out of the top of the egg as both are black. A cleaner version for editing is here. user posted image

i'm only getting two each at the moment so i have two slots open for tonight and my first day ones should be hatched~

Got two from the Volcano. I wonder how common/uncommon/etc. these guys will be after the release? :3

<3 they look wonderful together so far as i'm concerend

Version 1

and Version 2

i especially love version 2 right now <3

Uhh I'm getting restless user posted image... Day 3 arrives in a few hours.

I can't wait either, but I am hoping that my little eggies cooperate and hatch on time. I caught them at midnight DC time.

Must make room...need room for hatchies so I can get eggs.

Had to work all day and now finally I got my first egg.... I love the red colour, it´s a very nice one..... smile.gif

I'm going to be sensible. Midnight DCT is like 4-5am for me, and I've got an interview tomorrow. Besides which, the new releases have been SO MUCH easier to pick up later in the day, so I'm just going to come along in the afternoon and take my time collecting.

I'm having such a great time with this event, though. It's just fun hearing the theories everyone's come up with about the releases.

Speaking of which, yesterday I said "I hope we get another two-headed dragon" and lo, one was provided! What should I wish for* for tomorrow's release? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

*I mean, besides for someone to sprite my poor, unloved dragon idea and get it to TJ AND get it released on day 7 by some kind of epic wizardry, obviously tongue.gif

Edited by Bunns

Eep! So beautiful! I may have to hoard these alongside with Soulpeace!

At last my Two-heads have new hope in breeding!

Caught two, yay!

Though I'm not influencing... I'll just catch another after the release, whatever. I freaking don't have enough...

good chance they'll be gender swap threads. I know I may be looking for sure, don't have enough pinks. xd.png

Ooh, I hope it's breedable with the Splits! ^^

*starts hoarding them to create a lineage*

I'm going to be sensible.  Midnight DCT is like 4-5am for me, and I've got an interview tomorrow.  Besides which, the new releases have been SO MUCH easier to pick up later in the day, so I'm just going to come along in the afternoon and take my time collecting.

I'm having such a great time with this event, though.  It's just fun hearing the theories everyone's come up with about the releases.

Speaking of which, yesterday I said "I hope we get another two-headed dragon" and lo, one was provided!  What should I wish for* for tomorrow's release?  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

*I mean, besides for someone to sprite my poor, unloved dragon idea and get it to TJ AND get it released on day 7 by some kind of epic wizardry, obviously  tongue.gif

Yep for me the release also starts quite early in the morning. (doesn't live in the USA) But I luckily have a few days off from work. laugh.gif

Edited by Nyastara

is each new egg for the day the only thing that's being released in the Cave? the last top of the hour just went by, and there were no new eggs in any biome, but the Volcano is *full* of the new eggs. I was hoping to grab another blackcap, since I only got one yesterday, but there's nothing anywhere except the volcano and the AP. was this intentional?

It appears to be intentional. TJ isn't really talking, but early yesterday afternoon there was a change. Before the change common eggs were mixing with the black caps. After the change black caps were all that was dropping. At midnight it switched from only black caps to only the volcano eggs.

It appears to be intentional. TJ isn't really talking, but early yesterday afternoon there was a change. Before the change common eggs were mixing with the black caps. After the change black caps were all that was dropping. At midnight it switched from only black caps to only the volcano eggs.

ah, thanks. glad that it's intentional, and seems like a very good way of doing the releases; mildly annoyed that I only have one blackcap, but this way I can plan on getting hopefully all of the others. yay!

I really hope the cave will be exclusively dropping only the new releases during the 7 days. Maybe I'll actually be able to catch some myself instead of having to trade for everything.

If that's the case then me with a bronze trophy is rather stuck in a pit. Wanting two eggs of each for breeding purpose, and the fact that there's different sprites for both genders, and only being able to have five.

Oh well, only one egg influenced female for me then.

But on topic of today's dragon, two headed precious little dragon. ~♥ It'll be hard not to gather them if I see them in the cave since they're so adorable.

Edited by 413x