TJ09

2013-05-22 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 1

Down for maintenance. >_<

I can't even tell if I caught anything. There were less people catching already, and I saw a magi fly by this (short) drop as well. I'm hoping I caught something though happy.gif

*did a ping test*....now i get why I can catch the eggs....and now i feel really really guilty....

Don't feel guilty, feel lucky.

Four for myself, 1 for a friend. Done for today, and will get ready for the next release tomorrow.

Got nothing but a bunch of frustration. Hopefully I'll have more luck after I sleep.

Don't feel guilty, feel lucky.

And gift them to us wink.gif

tongue.gif But just think of how jealous we all are of you, oh godly egg catcher tongue.gif

Wow, can't believe I actually managed to get one on my first try! blink.gif I've never been this lucky with new releases before!

The egg looks really nice, reminds me of some sort of a fish, maybe? Can't wait to see the hatchies smile.gif

Lower ping is good, right? I have a ping of 12 ms, 16.06 Mbps for download... via speedtest.net

I still open about 20+ tabs every time, however. So, whatever.

Reflexes, I think. Because 250 ms is about 1/4 of a second and the average human reflex is 215 ms. People with good internet have a huge advantage, but that is not the only story.

^This.

And there are a lot of things people can do to speed up things in other areas. For instance, don't run a bunch of other programs while hunting. Don't hunt in the same browser you're doing forum stuff in. Close down unneeded background programs. Clear out the cache in the browser you're hunting in. Make sure your anti-virus program isn't set to automatically run sweeps during top of the hour cave drops. Sometimes even restarting clears out some of the cobwebs.

There's a lot of little things in this game that shave of a tiny bit of time, but all of those things together can often compensate for weaknesses in other areas.

Yeah it's not happening for us this time.

Moments like this make me want the ability to disable the mobile interface. Competing against 400+ people who likely won't have to scroll down all the time is not going to work.

If I'm lucky and my mother allows me and my sibling on the iPad we could grab some, but currently its impossible. So have fun everyone, we're out for now.

Also, the downtime made me giggle a bit. Inevitable things!

ETA: okay I'm laughing at myself here, I got one. Welp. The downtime is misleading? *slaps self*

Edited by Puppylikestosti

Just got my 2nd one in a weird way (3:05am), it didn't even give me a message saying that I got it O_o

Just managed to snatch two of these lovelies. Thats enough for now, gotta save room for the rest

Even with my dads (rather) Fast internet (My laptop sucks) I'm still unable to get one.

Oh well Thanks spriters and TJ and Happy Birthday DC.

um whats a ping test

Open command prompt and type:

ping dragcave.net

then press enter.

Still nothing. *sigh* I'm sure I'd be able to catch the two I want if I was able to stay up for another 2-3 hours, but alas I have to get up in the morning. If anyone is feeling generous and wants to gift me 1 or 2 I'd be grateful.

*off to bed now*

I just got on so I guess I'll have to wait awhile before I can grab those new eggs. Thank you for the release!

Just got my 2nd one in a weird way (3:05am), it didn't even give me a message saying that I got it O_o

The same thing happened to me! No message popped up saying I got the egg.

yep on a ping test I'm running 137 lol explains why I'm having issues. laptop hates me its not working but hey I'm still trying so hopefully the dragcave gods will shine luck on me if not meh these are perm eggies so i'll try again at some point

Open command prompt and type:

ping dragcave.net

then press enter.

thank you but what command i feel like i should know it but im just drawing a blank sorry

Good morning y'all! (It's 9am here and I have a whole day of hunting ahead of me - yay!)

The eggs look gorgeous, and they're in the Coast! Awesome!

Hoping to get some at the next hour drop =)