TJ09

2013-05-22 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 1

324 users viewing the Coast at this moment blink.gif

(funfact: I'll probably be one of the unlucky ones to not be able to grab one)

Don't worry... TJ says they are going to be around for a long time - they are permanent. That doesn't mean some won't be rare... but I'm sure for a few weeks after this initial week they will all be dropping fairly often. (and that's what I keep telling myself, hehehe)

I'll silently watch for drama. It's bound to happen.

Idk, I think that DC's gotten much, much better about drama over the years. Yeah, we have spats that flare up during releases about limits and hoarding and the like, but so much less than the first bunch of times those issues came up.

I'm kind of proud of us, as a community. smile.gif

Does the IP address thing apply to family members using the same computer? Because my mom and sister also have DC and have there own scrolls and own eggs?? We all use the same laptop though... unsure.gifunsure.gif

That's my point. We have one computer, so the kids have to take turns catching on their scrolls. So one computer = one IP address. I think TJ can tell if they are multiple scrolls or other people... he's smart like that. smile.gif

Ok good because I know of atleast 20 people already that cant catch them or wont be in town for the event so im catching and sending new eggs to them..

The method I used for catching was clicking the last egg as quick as I could and back spacing right away I had my 6 in under 5 min. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Good Luck everyone!

hehe everyone has a method. xd.png

I'll be catching for somone who won't have net access for 3 days about to later on this week.

I'm really in no huge rush to have the eggs, so having 1 or two for myself on release day is just a bonus since I like gifting.

<---also very tired and may be talking weird! blink.gif

My egg doesn't have a code 

It has to have a code or it wouldn't exist...

Sorry to hear that sad.gif I hope your able to catch some when things calm down a little more.

Thanks, friend. :]

I am just hoping for one more, if I was lucky to get more than that I would gift them too. Just trying for two of each before any of them go ultra rare, if any. So until then...sleep...is...for the...weak... and the week, as in, next week. >.<

Actually, that's down quite a bit. Could be very encouraging.

Us slowpokes will have better luck tommorow witth everyone crowding the other new release.

I always say my computer is backwards compatable to Amish butter churn: I can't refresh. laugh.gif

I really wish that TJ would let his eggs hatch so we can see what the hatchies look like.

Does the IP address thing apply to family members using the same computer? Because my mom and sister also have DC and have there own scrolls and own eggs?? We all use the same laptop though... unsure.gifunsure.gif

This is very common and it's okay for family members to have different scrolls but share the same computer. Just don't trade eggs/hatchies between scrolls frequently (like, multiple times a day, occasional gifting is fine) and don't use your family member's scrolls to 'store' eggs you don't have room for etc and you won't have a problem.

Idk, I think that DC's gotten much, much better about drama over the years. Yeah, we have spats that flare up during releases about limits and hoarding and the like, but so much less than the first bunch of times those issues came up.

I'm kind of proud of us, as a community. smile.gif

Me too. We are one big (most of the time) happy family... common interest.. and MOST people I have met on here are pretty amazing. I have a handful of people I gift to and them to me --- which is what I'll be doing with any extra eggs I catch.

And my kids play too, so they have agreed that they are only going to do 3 or 4 of the new ones each day - and if they catch more they will give them to a sibling who didn't have a chance to get online to catch any. Tonight I'm the only one up so I'm doing what I can... tomorrow though I'll be at work all day so it will be up to my 22 year old who WON'T be at school, and then the others can fight over who's turn it will be once they get home!!! This is pretty much our only hobby besides school activities! A family that hunts together stays together? smile.gif

Whew. I caught four of the darlings now. Though two are for gifting to a friend with issues catching new releases.

I can't wait to see how the hatchling looks though! And tomorrow can't come fast enough. xd.png

That's my point. We have one computer, so the kids have to take turns catching on their scrolls. So one computer = one IP address. I think TJ can tell if they are multiple scrolls or other people... he's smart like that. smile.gif

Oh good because that always scares me lol since I have put in 4 years worth of work on my scroll and my family starting playing 2 or 3 years ago. tongue.gif (I will take full credit for getting them hooked lol) Anyway I must head to bed or be late for work in 5 hours.

Night all and best of luck catching!

Lol, tried the ctrl-r thing and froze my puter with the extra tabs - no eggs yet, so very glad to hear the numbers on are reducing.

Hate not having F-5 but apparently the old keyboard I'm currently using isn't appropriate for the puter, according to my brother...

I'll be waiting for the hour drop to catch these... biggrin.gif With 320 people on 3 eggs it's almost impossible....

Does the IP address thing apply to family members using the same computer? Because my mom and sister also have DC and have there own scrolls and own eggs?? We all use the same laptop though...  unsure.gif  unsure.gif

IME, there seem to be various things that tip TJ off to multi-scrollers. But if I were running a site like this, a ton of eggs being grabbed on a bunch of scrolls by one IP could get me to take a peek at the situation. But here's the thing - lots of us have family that also play, so that's not all he goes on when checking things out. There are a lot of little things that can be a tip off when one person creates a bunch of scrolls to enrich themselves in the game that really don't happen as much with a bunch of different people playing for their own scrolls, even if they're a family.

So don't let it worry you, you guys should be fine. Like I said, lots and lots of us have family that also plays. And thank goodness, because if my niece didn't play then who would I have tackled when I caught my first Holly in the AP? xd.png

With 320 people on 3 eggs it's almost impossible....

It could be worse...there were over 800 people in there when I grabbed mine. lol

Lol, tried the ctrl-r thing and froze my puter with the extra tabs - no eggs yet, so very glad to hear the numbers on are reducing.

Hate not having F-5 but apparently the old keyboard I'm currently using isn't appropriate for the puter, according to my brother...

I tried the thing with control +r with it opening new tabs and I got about 100 open tabs of nothingness. tongue.gif Then in my tired state I started closing them individually -- about 50-something of them, and then realized it would be SO much quicker to just close the entire browser and reopen. O.o

I'm getting too old to stay up this late. hehehe

IME, there seem to be various things that tip TJ off to multi-scrollers. But if I were running a site like this, a ton of eggs being grabbed on a bunch of scrolls by one IP could get me to take a peek at the situation. But here's the thing - lots of us have family that also play, so that's not all he goes on when checking things out. There are a lot of little things that can be a tip off when one person creates a bunch of scrolls to enrich themselves in the game that really don't happen as much with a bunch of different people playing for their own scrolls, even if they're a family.

So don't let it worry you, you guys should be fine. Like I said, lots and lots of us have family that also plays. And thank goodness, because if my niece didn't play then who would I have tackled when I caught my first Holly in the AP? xd.png

Haha good and yes im sure your right TJ is a gaming whiz. Ok im off to bed now for the 5th time lol Good Luck all!